• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DragonLance: The Orphan Trilogy #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
DragonLance: The Orphan Trilogy #1: Hair of Black and Silver

My installment to the Dragonlance series, taking place during the Age of Despair.

Hair of Black and Silver
Prologue

A light fog with rain that seemed decrepit and reluctant to pour onto the town full of thieves, bandits, and mercenaries, Port Balifor. Despite the rain the town was extremely lively that night, but not on the street of the orphanage, the only street in balifor with a god beyond the gods of evil to keep it's church here. Whores, cutthroats, and all other figures of the night would rather avoid that. But even the priests were out on that nite celebrating the festival of Spring Dawning. The only ones left to hear the cries of a baby was the orphanarium owner, and a mother in black cloak and garb of a minotaur.
A few thuds on a wooden door, and it opens. A man in a shabby brown night gown and a balding head appeared in the doorway. He spots the woman standing in front of him with a baby in a basket, and wearing minotaur clothes, although at the Balifor port minotaurs are not rarely spotted and some poor women usually, if given the chance to - will kill another of any race, for clothes.
"Oh please no, i'm sorry but the orphanage already has more than we can feed, we can not handle another little one."
She just stared at him unmoved, handed a bag to him that has the rattle of steel coins, which he gratefully accepts, then she handed him the basket and tells him "Dhamon S'adri" she wiped away a tear, and sniffled her nose a bit "Born 3 fortnights ago." Finally something had hit the man, the only woman hes seen sad when giving up her child, and even paying him to keep him. It must be a horrible situation she is in. She noded to him, as if knowing what he's thinking and ran off into the dangerous streets of Port Balifor.
He opened the basket to see what the baby looked like, and was completely taken aback. He looks human, but there seemed to be a black tatoo of the look of shredded cloth, but a style only the punks in the town would get. It stretched from his right side of his neck down to his foot, covering the majority of the right side of his body. Though he only had a few handfulls of hair it seemed extremely dark, and the tips had silver on them. The most astounding part was his deep set eyes that seemed to be pools of molten silver, they had a smothering feeling, but as the babe began to laugh, the man was filled with joy and was ready to hand him to his wife so he can be fed, and then go to bed.
The streets were filled with people, usually killers, rapists, thieves. But on this night people were full of joy. All except two, a woman in minotaur garb, and a man covered in clothes that covered all identity. For a long time the two stared at each other, then they finally embraced each other in their arms. Seconds, then minutes passed by with them holding each other.
The festival of Spring Dawning was a joyous occasion, but for the two, it was a never-ending nightmare.

Chapter 1
14th Wish

... to you." The singing died off as they waited in anticipation of the 14 candles to be blown out. Dhamon just continued wishing in his head with his eyes closed ignoring the crowd. He opened his eyes and looked at his foster parents "Will my wish come true this year?"
They looked at him and grined "All wishes made on your own birthday will come true, but you must give them time." He stared at them in disbelief, but shruged and with a big breath he blew out all the candles within a few seconds.
"Woohoo!" cried out his chubby foster brother Fluhu, who has the dark skin of an Ergothian. "Lets eat!" Dhamon just smilied but than walked away from the party as the rest of the orphans got some cake.
"What's wrong Dhamon?" His foster father Brick, nick named for being extremely dumb but was always the curious parent, no more wearing brown gowns but in a middle class like tunic oh dark brown, with pants made of an exotic blue whool.
"It's just that i'm 14 now and I still know nothing of my parents! I mean atleast all the other children know what theirs atleast looked like, I can't even say that much. I just go everyday thinking that my mother is a whore, and my father was her owner." The same rage boiled in Dhamon every birthday since he was eight, when the tears turned into flames.
"Watch your mouth, I didn't raise you to talk like that." Brick turned and sighed. "I guess it's finally time for me to tell you what I know of your mother. But I know nothing of your father."
Dhamon's eyes got the size of a steel coin." What?! You have known something about my mother and have never told me, how dare you!" Tension continued to grow between the two.
"How dare I? I'm the one who makes the decisions and I chose that you weren't ready to here about her, from your reaction I still don't think you are ready yet." As Brick began walking away Dhamon grabed his arm, which felt like the grip of a gryphon. Dhamon being 5,9 and a nice built was strong, but this was strength that seemed way beyond the possibility of his muscles, but Dhamon did not realise he was squezing so hard, all he was thinking about was his mother.
"Please tell me, I reall want to know." Brick chose to tell him, even though he had no choice, for Brick was 6,2 and even though he was a bit taler he had very little muscle and alot of pudge.
"It was the Festival of Spring Dawning, 14 years ago, I received a knock on the door. When I opened it I saw a woman dressed in clothes of a minotaur... " Here Dhamon gave a slight dissapointed look for having seen lots of cutthroat women wearing minotaur clothes. "... She had long black hair, and she seemed very beautiful but it was a dark night and i was in torchlight all day before this event.
She handed me a basket with you in it, but the most confounding part of this story is that she was crying. I know you've heard the stories of the other orphans parents that did not love them. But your mother was completely different, she was reluctant to give you up. She even gave me a bag full of steel coins, which has allowed us all to live a comfortable life, and hire other maidens to help feed the babes. Before she left she also told me when you were born and..."
His voice begun to falter. " and what? I need to know please" Brick seemed heart struck now. "and to tell you when you was old enough to travel to the island of Mithas to search for signs of your heritage."
At this Dhamon was Finally silent. The island of Mithas? But why, is that where she got her clothes from and not from killing a minotaur? Is my father a minotaur, but minotaurs and humans can't have children, or atleast if they could the minotaur would deny it up and down? So many questions raced through his head, but he knew Brick would not be able to answer them.
Only his parents could, and now that he had a lead he must find them. But there is no way his foster parents would let him. "In a few years when you are a man I will let you go, i've even kept some of the steel coins for your voyage." Dhamon knew of the bag he talked of becuase all the orphans knew of it and constantly asked for gifts. "Here, this is your birthday gift from me to you."
It was a heavily armored gauntlet for his left hand, perfect size for a 14 year old. "I know you always get into fights, but only use this to even the odds. Don't use it when they are already equal." Dhamon slowly took it and put it on, but was still so shocked from the story. Walking out like the living dead he said his word of thanks and went to his room and fell asleep.
"Brick, Brick! Wake up! Dhamons gone!" his wife continued yelling.
"What are you sure hes not just hiding or playing with the others?" He knew Dhamon wasn't.
"No all the others are still asleep!"
He thought they probly aren't now with her annoying yelling. "Go check the bread shop and other people Dhamon knows." She nodded and ran off. Brick just gave a long and heavy sigh and checked his cabinet, and the small bag of steel was gone.

Chapter 2
Harder than it Looks

Many boats enter and exit Port Balifor daily, the city's main form of trade is done on seas. The majority of the ships are owned by minotaur, for the minotaur on the blood sea gets the majority of their supplies from the Port at Balifor. Despite all the commercial and non-commercial craft, it is extremely hard for a 14 year old to book passage to the island of Mithas.
Dhamon searched every ship, and asked every captain untill he asked every single one. He then had to wait for more ships to enter the port. Today happened to be an extremely hot day for spring, but fortunately Dhamon had enough money for all the water he needed.
On the horizon a ship with blue sails came into view, it was a large cargo ship but by looking at the cannons it could fight as a worthy frigate. Pictures were on the sail and carved all over the hull was the different storms of the sea; lightning, whirlpools, tsunamis, and many more. On the front was a sculpture of the sea goddess Zeboim, and embroidered beneath it was Ocean's Wrath which honored the sea goddess for good voyages but also asked of blessings to be as swift and powerful as the ocean.
Dhamon saw it and thought What do I have to lose.
Coming up to the ship Dhamon saw a crew of minotaurs loading up. One was giving orders, he was larger than the rest by a few inches, but mainly his horns were an extra foot higher than most. He also wore deep blue-green jewelry showing his respects to the sea goddess. Dhamon had to dodge many minotaurs running by, and avoid swinging crates that were loading onto the ship, which took a few minutes to navigate through but finally he reached the captain out of breath.
The minotaur at first did not even notice the human who was only around chest height of the tall brute, but tripping over him finally caught his attention.
"What the hell are you doing on my ship human?" this minotaur obviously had a common distaste in his blood against humans, especially the children.
"I wish to board passage to the island of Mithas, if that is where you are headed. I have enough to pay for 3 me"-
"So you think that If you have some money you can buy passage onto my ship and travel to Mithas? What arrogance for such a child!" The captain continued snorting in disgust. "Fine If you want to take a ride, who am I to deny your steel?
But I believe you must show yourself as a helpful hand, the ride will even be free. You see the seas are a little more choppy this year the usual and we will be running a full load of cargo, which will need constant care. We are hiring other hands but since you need a ride, you can work for it."
At this Dhamon grinned showing all of his teeth. "Wow, are you sure you want me to help? I may hurt your reputation."
"As long as you prove yourself before we leave, I believe I can suck up my dignity."

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

"You can't be serious. I have to move that crate" Before Dhamon rested a crate of plain oak make and iron bindings. But the size was 8 feet in all dimensions.
"What's wrong with it, looks like a simple crate to me. All the ship hands move crates like this often, and you can't slide it because it could tear up the deck."
Dhamon knew this to be a lie, how could a ship as good as this one not be made sturdy enough to slide crates, and how could ship hands constantly move this? Yes the minotaurs are naturally strong and minotaurs on a ship are even stronger, but moving crates of this mass all the time seems highly unlikely. Dhamon determined that the captain chose an impossible task so he wouldn't be allowed passage.
"Times a wasting let's get a liftin'"
The more he kept looking at the crate the more he wanted to run. What am I thinking? What am I doing? Why am I being so cowardly? He steped up to the box, knelt down and took hold. The rest of the crew stoped to just watch in amusement.
Every vein begun popping, his face had turned red, it felt as his wrist bones were breaking. No I can not give up. Every bit of muscle he had, every part of his soul was into this insignificant crate. Some of the crew even began laughing aloud.
A small smirk finally escaped on Dhamon's face. Something only the captain caught. Not even a breath later the box was picked up with such force it seemed if it would just continue shooting up into the sky.
The ship grew quiet.
Dhamon looked totally exhausted by the captain had a feeling it was an act. After holding the box up for a few seconds Dhamon droped it down and felt as if the ship was being bombarded."So am I aloud my free passage?"
The captain was dumbfounded and angry at this child's arrogance, but he did promise passage if Dhamon could prove himself."You have your permission to ride with us, but you won't be riding on a bed the whole time. Captain Kolken, I guess you've earned the right to knowing the name also since you'll be riding with us."
"Mine is Dha-" The captain cut him short. "I don't want to know your name, i'll remember your face then if you die."

Chapter 3
Riggors of a Dwarf

The ground shook, all animals ran is distress, anyone in the vicinity had to think it a tremor of an epic earthquake in distant lands. But in truth it was one of the greatest fighting forces on all of Ansalon.
Commanded by Durlan Earthhammer his mercenary group of Nordmaar was in battle positions, raging over 12 thousand men of vareity of classes some of which included archers, assassins, and a few war mages. All were required to join in training, all must step in unison, all must thrust, swing, chant practice words, and fling an imaginary arrow at the same time.
Since spring was still fresh there was many of new recruits here, a large majority was hill dwarves. But the other majority was humans, dwarves and little love for other races, humans willing to get dirty but not dishonor themselves was an aspect the dwarves could somtimes come to enjoy.
"Hold Positions! The rest of the day is yours men. Keep up the good work!" Normally the peg legged general ,know as Arkan Steelbeard, was not quick to compliment the men, but these new recruits were above standards, they kept heavy hammers and light feet. "Sir, so did you take the case of the goblins in the mountain range of Qwalrhish?"
Earthhammer gave a large grin beneath his red beard and a friendly arm on Steelbeard's shoulder "Let's walk an talk general." Earthhammer looked like a natural dwarf of young age of 90 from head to toe, stout, full of muscle, hefted a large double-handed war hammer on his back, and had the faint smell of alcohol on him, atleast since it wasn't late evening. General Steelbeard was nearing the end of years at 150, still covered with muscle he made an impressive warrior. His Dark brown hair showed signs of graying, he carried many battle scars including his lost leg that is now replaced by a wooden peg. A recruit a few years back and the nerve to say his peg was used for " taking pity from the enemy" when he thought the General''s back turned. The young hill dwarf was overcomed by a bloody nose from the dry air, although they were on a penninsula, but that's what the letter said the boy took back to his mother.
"I have decided to take the job, but we must be extremely cautious, although our goal is the main extermination of goblins, these goblins have leaders which make them harder to kill since they won't just be blood thirsty creatures that attack anything they move. They will instead be blood thirsty creatures in ranks, with shields and pikes."
They both smiled, Steelbeard took the chance to lighten the situation "They will be bloodthirsty creatures beneath my hammer, and blood covered."
"Aye they will my friend, but I also heard rumors of Ogres making they're way into these mountains, they are probly the ones getting the goblins all rilled up. They sometimes have shamans who are intelligent and make good leaders, the rest are giants filled with bloodlust and won't stop untill lamed in multiple areas or their spine split." The baron smiled at a few children playing nearby.
The group did not have a town they stayed at long but lived in tents moving from area to area, always nearby to their new missions but far enough to keep the women, lame, old, and children safe. Since they were constantly on the move, even through the winter most men brought their families with them. Well known in northern ansalon and the mercenaries well paid had more than enough for their families, but most of the soldiers liked to have no families and mess with others' wifes so they could spare should a money expense.
"Let's just make sure we stay out of ambush points, there are many untill we reach their den, and although we know they won't directly confront us till the end they will make a nuisence with the boulders and some of their crude arrows." The baron seriously was thinking this through, untill a young dwarf walked past him and fluttered her eyelashes at him.
"General, may we talk about this tomorrow, we have leave remember..." his voice trailed as he went after her. The general smiled and remember being like him when he was young, then he lost his leg. But Dulan was smarter than hiself, he shouldn't worry too much.

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

A storm raged around the Ocean's Wrath, Dhamon thought of the name of the ship thinking this was pure irony. Captain Kolken could be heard roaring orders between clashes of lightning strikes and thunder in the clouds. Dhamon was learning swiftly how to keep the ship together, he continuously had to tie the boxes down tighter, he sometimes helped a fallen minotaur mariner who was extremely ungrateful of the unexperienced human's help.
The storm has lightened up and with only a few minor injuries on the ship they were making a smooth well timed voyage. Light could now have been seen peeking out of the clouds, like the sun was curious might happen next.
"Vessel approaching on the starboard side...Pirates!" Kolken thought the voyage was going too smoothly. "Prepare the cannons!" He shouted in response.
From the crows nest came another call "Two Vessels approaching from the port side! They all fly the flag of double red bones."
This journey was definetly not going smoothly. The Wrath may have cannons on both sides, but the odds were against her.
Dhamon saw the vessels on the port side before the scout did and seemed shocked, for some reason he thought he was going to make it through this this voyage with very little blood shed. He slid on his stainless steel gauntlet and prepared for the worse.

Chapter 4
Don't fight a boy's battle for him

The pirate ships quickly closed on the Wrath and allowed her no room for escape. Each had 4 cannons aimed directly at the Wrath. Pathetic compared to the 3 cannons and 2 ballestie on each side of Kolken's ship, also with a cannon on the stern, and a ballestie on the bow. But the odds were against them.
The large Frater captain smiled to himself in despair, he knew this was going to end up ugly. "Prepare for cannons, and open masts completely on my command, prepare to ram the larger ship and fight close quarters after our first barrage. We will board the ship and clear any remaining survivors, and leave just enough people to keep a return fire on the other ships. They should lessen their attacks so they don't hurt one of their own. We will let them get closer then back off from our position and try to make a break for it." The captain shouted.
The Wrath was a ship built lower and the front of the ship was perfect for ramming, although the rest of the ship was bulky for supplies it could still move fast.
The captain looked around for Dhamon to tell him to get inside and stay hidden. But Dhamon wasn't around and he didn't have time for a goose hunt when he could already have fled into the lower reaches of the ship. "Prepare cannons!" Kolken screamed.
While all prepared for their own jobs, Dhamon was doing his own self assigned job. He had found every spare rope on the ship he could find and tied them together, on end of the giant chain of rope was tied to a hook ment to holed the robe of cages underwater off the side of the ship. The other end was tied to a giant bolt that was already loaded in a Ballista.
The ship infront of the Wrath just enteered firing range and a few cannons went off on the opposing ship, while Kolkens crew launched the bolt from the ballista at the front. The cannonballs were off target, but the next wave would surely hit after a few tweaks to the aim. But the bolt flew true and smashed into one of the cannons and 2 crew memebers ripping up part of the deck and sending all of it's opposers into the water on the opposite side of the ship.
The other two ships were slowly closing on the wrath but keeping their distance to make sure none of their weapons flew too far and hit their ally. Both ships first barrage went off, prematurely but one boulder from a catapult flew through a smaller rear mast and another skimed a railing and plunged into the water.
Then the Wrath unleashed fire from all 6 cannons and 4 ballestie at the two other targets including a bolt with a rope on it. Everyone on Kolken's ship held their breath waiting for the artillery to reach their targets, which seemed a long time but was actually a very brief period
Finally the ship on their starboard showed a sign of their hit by screams of pain and splinters flying everywhere from where a catapult struck and landed, but it continued to move unhampered. The ship on their port side didn't seem to take any damage at first untill all 3 of their masts began falling down toppling on the ship or into the waters below. It seems to then slow down to an almost stoped position.
What no one noticed though was a bolt struck a spot on the side of the boat with a rope attached to the wrath and a figure was crawling across the rope upside down. For now it was barely reaching but with some slack. But the ship after losing it's masts would quickly gain lose distance on their target and the rope would pull tight and probly pull out the weak fishing hook, which would be bad for Dhamon in the raging seas now occuring in this deadly storm
The bolts, boulders, and cannon balls kept flying from one another with the few remaining ships. The winds, lack of light, and high rising waves made it hard to get correct aim, but some projectiles did hit true. The Wrath finally got too close to their target for any action with their artillery, and the ship off to the side stoped firing so they didn't hit their allies but instead came full speed at the Wrath. Not attempting to ram, but board to save damages.
"Prepare for impact" Captain Kolken announced seconds before his ship smashed into the side of the enemy. "Launch arrows!" The archer team sent a volley of arrows and received the sound of screams. The captain lead a team of leather-armored, mace-wielding minotaurs onto the enemies ship.
A few died beneath arrows but most got onto the ship to start slaughtering some still dazed minotaurs. An axe whizzed by the captains nostril, just barely missing his nose ring. Out of shear reaction the captain rolled and swung his mace in a random wide arc in the direction of the axe and struck the ribs of a minotaur a little taller than himself.
The ship was whiped out pretty quick, they must have been close to being undermaned, probly a ship they stole and had to spread their people out among multiple ships. The team of warriors now worked to push the other ship off of their own. As they worked the other ship must have noticed their actions and recommenced their firing. It would be only a matter of time before they were taken out, all the Wrath now had aimed in their direction was one cannon on the bow, and they didn't have time for another raming maneuver.
Some of the loundest thinger break in the air stinging the captain's ears. Was that thunder? No it wasn't, the scent of ash filled the rain soaked air also. A glow was visible whenever the waves went down. He looked in the direction of the lame ship and saw flames. He wondered how it could be possible, they weren't in range and they don't have incinderary projectiles-- wait, where's Dhamon he wondered.

I'm trying to put out three chapters a week, if not more. I like people catching my mistakes, adding suggestions for figurative language, like metaphors, idioms, etc etc. I actually want to make a small side career with writing eventually, but it's not my goal in life. But i got a few back up plans and this is one. Even if I don't make it into a profession I love writing anyways. If I don't thoroughly explain everything ask and i'll probly add to glossary.

Glossary
Ansalon(An+sah+lawn)-Only continent on Krynn that isn't a rumor.
Blood Sea Isles-Chain of islands on the blood sea.
Dhamon(Day+men) S'adri(Saw+dree)-A man with a mysterious past and future.
The Hard Bread shop-Owned by Dhamons foster father Brick, built next door to the orphanarium with the money Brick got by Dhamon's mother.
Krynn(K+rin)-The world created by the gods holding life.
Mithas(Me+th+ah+s)-Island, part of the blood sea isles. Home of the Minotaurs along with their capital.

Check out my rp that needs more people. Takes place right after this trilogy, Registrations/info, and the roleplay.

Last edited:
Level 24
In the second paragraph, "wooman" is misspelt. In the fourth paragraph, you use the wrong homonym of "except." Also in the fourth paragraph, but not necessarily a mistake, "never ending" should probably have a hyphen, but gets away fine without one.

Something I've noticed is that a fair amount of your verbs are in present tense. If this is intentional, it's a style that does show up, but if it isn't you may want to fix it. Since a fair amount of your verbs are also in past tense, it's fairly easy to determine that you should go and fix those. An example of this would be the first sentence of the third paragraph "He opens the basket... and is completely taken aback. He looks human..." should probably be "He opened the basket... and was completely taken aback. The baby looked human..." On a related note, the first part of the first sentence of the first paragraph seems to be missing a verb.

It's an interesting introduction, and gives enough vague information that it has piqued my interest.

Level 11
Thanks ephy, looking over the fourth paragraph for whta you said I caught two more errors, this is why writers have editors lol. "people full of joy" added "are full..." and had "them embraced each other" which I changed to "then they finally embraced". Fixed "wooman" and added a hyphen, you was right, it did need it. Don't understand where I should put in "except". Yeah I never really pre-plan this out b4 my character sheet, so didn't really put thought into dooing past tense or present. But changing all into past tense, since it is a prologue, that happens before the first chapter, 14 years to be exact.

Lol had to fix everything again, forgot to save edit. Found a few more things to change but I'm not going to list every single edit, because by the end of this "book" I will have a huge change list(but everyone else should tell me what needs changing lol.)

Hakeem... uhh #200 post? I'm on 515 lol, so plz explain.

Level 24
Those were examples of the mistakes that I had seen, not every single one. I'm not that much of a Grammar Nazi.

Uh, I meant a hyphen between "never" and "ending," not "ending" and "nightmare."
Anyways, you use "accept" in the third sentence of the fourth paragraph when you should use "except." The exact sentence is "... full of joy. All accept two ..." One other spelling mistake I noticed is that you stick in an extra "h" when the woman is wiping away her tears and handing her child to the orphanarium. The first sentence is also still weird looking, as well as "a style only the punks in the town that would get." Get rid of the that between "town" and "would."

The third paragraph still has problems with verbs being in present tense. Also, books written in the third person (as you are writing) are generally all written in the past or future tense whether or not they take place in the past or present of the book's storyline. That excludes dialogue.

Level 11
Thanks again. Fixed everything you said, yes the hyphen was in correct spot on first edit, but since i didn't save edit I was sorta rushing the second time around.

Really, past tense & future tense only? I'm screwed -.-

argh! i'll get to editing first chapter then, your right i re-read some of my books just to check for that and they rarely have present tense, unless it's in the quotations of dialogue. I read my first chapter then in my head read in w/o present tense and it does sound better.

Taking a small break though, playing some Jericho and gonna by gone from my house for about an hour and a half.

Level 12
Ive been giving a hell lot of money in bookstores for absolute crap.
Ive seen a lot of fine stories here,including this one...Why dont you people start writing books?Youd do the same thing youre doing now,only youd earn money,and probably you could spread what youve done to much more people.

Level 24
Lol

Getting a whole book formally published is incredibly difficult (particularly because the custom-made online manuscripts are very much a niche-market). Plenty of people start writing young, and plenty of editors are overwhelmed by those people after they've honed their writing skills.

After all that, getting a book recognized as above the horde is hard. I believe the statistic is 3000 books a day are published? Maybe 3000 a week. 3000 per something, and it's smaller than you would think.

Level 11
Lol thanks for the compliment and sory i havn't been able to add more, i've been grounded. So i'm continuing now.

I've havn't thought of making my own book, because going with what ephy said, many more people are better writers than I so it would be hard gettin my own book published, especially at 16. Besides alot of people who get their books published in this day of age... you need connections.

Level 11
I know nothing about him, but I noticed most of the "popular" books you see now of days is biographies or rich people writing autoobiographies, celebrities, or people that was writing good books way before I was born so they can easily keep writing more because of their reputation. But obviously they're is a few exceptions to the rule but not very many.

I noticed, how come my indentations for beggining of paragraphs don't appear. I hope i'm not force to make the paragraph symbol.

Last edited:
Level 12
Lol

Getting a whole book formally published is incredibly difficult (particularly because the custom-made online manuscripts are very much a niche-market). Plenty of people start writing young, and plenty of editors are overwhelmed by those people after they've honed their writing skills.

After all that, getting a book recognized as above the horde is hard. I believe the statistic is 3000 books a day are published? Maybe 3000 a week. 3000 per something, and it's smaller than you would think.

Meh.

Even if it were 10000 books a day,if youre genre is unique,and your style is fresh,the other books wouldnt be a competition at all.

I dont know how things are done where you live,but here everyone who can spell can publish something....thats actually sad,cause the market is flooded with bullcrap,and something refreshing would be real nice...

Level 12
Beleive me you dont.Even though books are easily published,there are few of those who are educated enough to know what a good book is.Those with a bit of intelligence and education mostly get the hell out of here when they graduate.I live in Serbia BTW.

Level 11
Yeah still clueless... btw sry havn't been getting my quota, lately lots of damn homework and when you fail 2 grades, you kinda learn the schools comes before everything. It's just that i'm so damn lazy >.<, except with this, because it's actually fun. I'd b a fat ass but i'm too lazy too go make myself enough food to get fat.

Level 4
Hey man

a good read. very good description of characters... especially Dhamon's.. really puts you in the story

cant wait for ya next ones

love adzy :D

Level 11
Now i just need to get people to do artwork for the story lol. That would be awesome. lol new chapter will be done today. I've learned that details are a plus from T1 RP'ing back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.