• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Victor Augustus (My 1st story on the Hive)

If you are reading this you have agreed not to steal or use for anything of monetary gain and if you are to use this story in a game of any sort you have also agreed to give credit to me for this story written below. Thank you for reading this part and please do not steal, and constructive criticism is welcome

Order (still trying to think of a better name)
Prologue

I first met him on the park bench waiting for the bus, an early snow had begun to fall. He wore an old black top hat on his head and a black fur coat that seemed to cover his torso consuming any shape he had, he wore ancient metal soled boots that seemed to be gathering rust, but his most shocking feature were his eyes, brown with gold pupils... he just seemed to draw you in.

I tried not to stare as I sat slowly down on the bench to wait for the evening bus home. He didn't even seem to register my presence his face was completely focused on watching the snow slowly fall from the sky. It was an early snow fall, but it was a beautiful sight, the flakes mingled with the orange and red tree leaves of the fall on the road, The seasons of Autumn and Winter seemed to meld into one accepting each others presence.

"It's beautiful." He spoke at least, but he did not look towards me or even acknowledge my presence, but still it felt as if he was talking to me.
"It is." It was the only thing I could think to answer back with, I was practically tongue tied.

He removed his top hat from his head, revealing that he was bald but upon that bald head was a black tattoo of a spade and gear intertwined with one another. He turned towards me and looked at me as if he had just noticed I had gotten there. "Who are you?" No pleasantries he just asked.

"Richard Gramvil." I answered him, he grew silent once again as if he was searching for my name within his head, as if he could discover who I was just through my name.
"It is a burden." Those four words confused me, I had no idea what he was talking about. Had I missed something he had said? Had been to involved within my own thoughts that I had not heard him? No I am sure I had heard everything he had said so far.
"Whats a burden" I asked nervously afraid to ask, fearing he would cease his conversation, but when he heard those words and looked at me his face was filled with shock as if he had not known he had spoken.
"Life." He answered simply.
"Sir, life is no burden." I stated shocked he would say such a thing
"No, your life is not, when you know their will be an end to it someday their is no burden, just the treasuring of every moment.... my life has no end." He spoke softly but I heard every confusing word he spoke.
"Sir, everyone's life end's someday." He confused me... No he confounded me, how could someones life never end?
"Do you wish to here a story Mr. Gramvil?" He asked me completely avoiding my statement.
"What story sir?" I asked my voice slightly shaking, I felt threatened by this strange man.
"The story of my life sir, the story of Victor Augustus." He said, he looked me in the eyes for the first time and in those eyes I saw torment, but he held his gaze and told his story and that was how I learned the story of Victor Augustus.

(I have already finished this enter story I am just slowly transfering it from my notebook into my computer and editing it as I go along, I would like as much feed back as I can get, so please leave your opinions. )

Chapter I

Victor stared out from his mountain vantage point, the cheers of the crowd could be heard in the city below as the Grand Duke came to visit, his ceremonial army trailing around him in brilliant but bulky and out of date armor, to heavy to be used in combat, but still splendid to see. Victor's attention was not fixed on the parade below. His instead was focused on four small dots that were slowly growing bigger in size on the horizon, they were rocketing forward with such speed that it was inconceivable for them to be bird. They grew ever larger as they approached the city below the mountain.

Soon he say them, huge metal contraptions with wings. The outline of a man was visible within a glass bubble at the vehicles center. It was one of the flying contraptions of the separatists, before Victor could so much as even attempt a warning to the people below the harbingers of doom let loose their dangerous cargo and from the contraptions fell hundreds of five foot eggs with metal skins. They crashed into the ground, and exploded, the cheers of pride and happiness soon disappeared below and were replaced by the screams of fear, agony, and pain.

Stunned was the only emotion Victor use to describe himself at the time, he could not move, his muscles would not obey him, he was to frightened. His attention turned to small smoke pillars to the north of the city, he realized what they were and began to watch the steam wagons, metal contraptions on wooden wheels. They began to roll into the city unloading hundreds more of the Separatists soldiers. Victor watched all of this with a horrified fascination. One thing did severe his connection of fear with the gruesome events below him. A plume of dark black smoke was forming in the distance far from the city, Victor realized it for what it was immediately his farm, it had been lit on fire.

He turned completely away from the carnage to the west and the besieged city, and ran down the mountainside, falling more than standing, rolling more then running, a new cut and bruise was added with each stumble down the mountain, but still he did not slow his pace, his concern for his family was to great. Victor had but one thought in his mind as he stumbled down the mountainside, saving his mother and sister from the burning farm. In his brain Victor sensed he would not be able to save them in time, they'd be nothing but a burning pile of ash by the time he made it there, but he had to hope. His heart would give out if he thought otherwise. He never slowed his pace even when he reached the base of the mountain, he still sprinted. His feet catching on raises in the ground and on roots when he ran by trees, he was in a desperate need to get to them in time, but nothing would help him get their in time he would soon find.

The farm was nothing but ash... but that was not all that made Victor stop his mad dash to the house and gasp in fear. The sight of his mother and sister's bodies are what did that. His sisters body was half eaten and her head cleanly cut from her shoulders and staked on a spear nearby. His mothers body had been ripped clean in half and entrails and blood had been spilled upon the lush green grass, discoloring it to a sickly red that made one self gag at its sight. Victor's mind could not handle what his senses were telling him, he collapsed. He pressed his face into the ground and cried. No man should see his family in such a state, nothing prepared him for this, nothing could have, or should have for that mater. Thoughts of suicide flitted through his mind. Maybe he could be his family again in the afterlife, if the gods looked kindly upon him of course, but no that would not serve his family's memory well. No he must continue to live he realized. But the agony of the moment was still painted on his face as he stared at his burning farm his attention completely focused on it, he was oblivious to anything else happening to him.

It took a soldiers massive body weight to wake Victor from his reverie. "Get down the soldier roared." As he slammed into Victor, covering Victor with his own body as artillery shells began to explode all around them. Victors ears began to ring as hell rained down from above, and even when they artillery barrage had subsided the ringing his ears continued.

The man who had saved him had died, the exploding shells kill him, his body had become a pincushion for shrapnel. Victor was horrified as he pushed the dead man off him, unable to terms with all that he had seen, only one clear thought entered his mind to grab the dead mans sword, he would need something to protect him. Even with his thoughts all a jumble Victor realized he should head to the city... he needed answers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Situation in the town was just as gruesome Victor saw as he entered, Imperial Soldiers lined street sides most bleeding from wounds all varying in sizes from large to small. They must have barely pushed back the separatists. Victor wanted information desperately, he had no idea, what had happened to his family or to anyone for that matter, he was confused beyond belief.

He strode towards the soldier leaning against the doorframe smoking a Cigar one of the Separatists mass proudced goods they used to make money for the war effort. "What happened here?" Victor asked the question honestly confused he had no clue what was going on with the world.

"The Separatists attacked or the Crimeans as they've been calling themselves. The bastards killed the Grand Duke.." Said the soldier and you can tell by the tone in his voice he was saddened by the Grand Duke's passing, all had loved the Grand Duke.

"Are-We-Winning?" Victor barely managed to stutter the words
"Afraid not... The Crimeans took out the fringe cities, and I'm afraid are army can't hold up against the Separatists mechanical contraptions. I have to go now though my patrol starts in a bit, the bartender might know more though." The soldier pushed himself away from the wall threw his cigar on the brick steps and walked past Victor and went towards the edge of town.

Victor watched him slowly go and then turned his attention to the bar, perhaps the bartender would know what happened to his farm as well. Once he stepped into the bar the smell of mildew and old beer assaulted his nostrils causing him to almost take a step backwards in shock. Oddly enough no one was doing what was expected of them at a bar... They were all gathered around he windows watching the soldiers march in their orderly columns through the town. Victor turned his attention away from the gawking patrons and instead turned his attention to the bartender who stood behind the bar cleaning a glass.

Victor began to stride towards the bartender to begin his inquisition, but the bartender noticed Victor first,"Victor Augustus, you don't usually come here." Said the Bartender.

"I've actually never-b-b-een here before," Victor stuttered once again.
"I know and in case your wondering I am Bart, Barthelomew is the full name, but just call me Bart." Said the Bartender, he didn't wait for the Victor to respond just continued speaking,"I'm assuming your here trying to find answers about that happened to your family?"

"Yes-s-s I am." Victor stuttered t his bartender unnerved him
"Well I personally do not know what happened to them." Said Bart setting down the glass and picking up another to clean.
"Do you know someone that might know?" Victor asked, he was desperate for news of what had happened to his family.
"Well surprisingly enough I do." Said the bartender, but he made no move to continue with his response he instead went right back to cleaning his glass.
"Well are you going to tell me!?" Victor was losing his patience with this strange man.
"Well of course I will! No need to get all temperamental, you didn't even ask me in the first place." He again went back to cleaning his glass.
"Will you please tell me now!?" Victor was growing exasperated his patience continued to wear thin.
"And finally you ask!" Bart took a moment to laugh before he continuing,"Go to the house of Ms. Dawn."
"And where is that exactly?" Victor asked finally happy that he was getting somewhere with this godforsaken bartender.
"I'm sure I do not know the answer to that question!" Victor was dumb founded by this man, why would he not give a straight answer before being asked a million specifying questions.
"Tell me who can lead me there." Victor was abrupt sick of this man's word games, he needed his answers and he would have them now!
"The lady Issabella would know." Said the bartender a glint in his eye and Victor knew he had still not outsmarted him.
"Please Bart, just tell me how to find her." The glint in the bartenders eye seemed to change as Victor's tone changed from one of defiance to one of sullen defeat.
"You take all the fun from me Mr. Augustus, but I shall tell you how to find her. Go to the city of Vivinia, once you are their find a man named Tom Carpna, tell him Bart sent you and you are looking for Issabella, he will arrange everything." Victor waited for no more of this mans crazed talk he left the tavern and headed towards the city of Vivinia.
---------------------------------------------

It sat on it’s throne long red arms covered in patches of liver scales and dried blood. It had no gender even though it preferred it’s subjects to address it as a male, it believed being considered a masculine identity gave it more strength made it more feared. But nothing could make this creature more fearful, it dug deep gouges in its obsidian throne with its left arm were three claws extended from its hand were fingers should have been, any mortal man could have been destroyed by that hand, but that was not what made the being seem so fearsome, it was it’s face, it was the face of a man in his early thirties perhaps late twenties, eyes that pierced that sole, Irises of gold and pupils of a blood red color and eternally bleeding black star engraved upon its forehead for all to see. This being was of incomparable evil that much could be observed from its visage. It wore a cloak, blacker than the blackest night, it dragged down to its feet most likely hiding even more fearful appendages.

“Khan Strife.” Said a worm of a creature entering the room. It had a snakes body, it was as large as the worlds largest anaconda. Towards the front of its body it had two arms each ending in five talon that could rend flesh from bone, its head was that of a fearsome wolf its teeth forever frozen in a vicious snarl, the snake creature was fearsome in it’s own right yet it cowered before the creature on the throne that he had named Khan Strife.

“What news have your brought me tempest?” The Khan asked, his voice the sound of electricity mixed with nails on a chalkboard, never looking at the creature, it was below the Khan to gaze upon it.

“Envy and Greed have made it to the realm of the humans.” Tempest said his tail swishing nervously behind it which made a sound that just aggravated Strife further.

“Excellent, has the boy and his family been dealt with?” Asked Strife clearly expecting to hear good news.

“Sire, we did manage to kill the boy’s family, but he sadly managed to elude us.” Tempest winced as he finished his sentence believing these would be his last moments in any world.

“Escaped! ESCAPED! The boy is a key you bumbling fool! If he is not killed are plans will unravel and the world will come crashing down around us!” Khan Strife’s rage seemed to shake the very room.

“Khan! Please forgive me! I tried, Envy must have misconstrued my orders.” Tempest cried desperately trieing to pass the blame to another one of Strife’s many minions.

“Well if that is the case Envy must receive his punishment.” The Khan flicked his fingers as he spoke a portal seemed to open in front of the two demons and in it an image of Envy the dog beast running through fields of the human realm. Envy stopped dead in his tracks as if he sensed his masters eyes upon him, horror engulfed Envy’s face and he called out before his life was ended. “Master please-!” his was cut short and the creatures body exploded sending body parts careening through the air.

“Now Tempest I expect you now to fail me this time.” Strife spoke the words threateningly and Tempest ran back to the land of hell preparing to attempt to achieve his masters plans.

Strife sat alone on his throne for awhile after Tempest had left. Strife was a being older than humanity or even the gods themselves, everything that was finally happening came from thousands of years of planning and this time he would not be stopped, everything was going according to plan even the boy’s escape was planned all his rage was a facade to hide is true goals even his minions must not know them.
----------------------------------
He paused in his story telling and turned away from me. He stuck his hand in one of his trouser pockets and pulled out a leather wallet that was in tatters and slowly falling apart. I watched him as he slowly flicked through clear plastic protectors until he finally came to one that was filled with a picture, with clumsy fingers he extracted the picture from its plastic protection and handed it to me to look at. It was a black and white photo and like his wallet the photo seemed to be deteriorating, but what truly grabbed my attention was the picture upon it. Through the shades of gray I could tell I was looking at a woman of medium height with blond hair, she wore jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt she had a dark gash on her left cheek and a dark bruise or dirt patch on the right side of her forehead. Who was this beautiful woman I held in my hands?

“Issabella.” He said the name so softly I almost didn’t hear him.

“Issabella?” I asked, I knew who he was talking about , the beautiful woman in the picture and from the story but I wanted clarification from him.

“The woman in the picture.” He said and just through his voice I could tell that even speaking about her broke his heart.

“But how can you have a black and white picture of her? Your story seems to take place thousands of years ago. And how are you able to know what others are doing when you are in no why near them. ” I was completely confused by how he could have and do such a thing.

“It will all be made clear eventually.” He said and looked at the snow once more, it seemed so fascinating to him, as if it had represented everything that had happened in his life.

“Are you going to continue with your story?” I desperately wanted to hear more, the words at flowed over me before immersing me in a world I had never before believed was true and I wanted to hear more, I wanted to understand this strange man.
“Of course Mr.Gramville I will continue with my story...”

Chapter II

She sat at the prow of her ship the wind whipping through beautiful golden hair. Her eyes were focused on the coast were she was awaiting some travel who wanted to see Ms.Dawn, the man was a fool Issabella thought already, Ms.Dawn would be the last person she would want to see. Ms.Dawn was volatile, cunning, and just darn right crazy, but still She would pick up this strange moronic passenger and bring him to his destination money was money to Issabella after all.
Victor was on his way to the coast to meet Issabella but he did not know he was being followed. Tempest slithered in the grass behind him his body completely tense waiting for the single opening that would allow him to end the boy’s life. This confrontation could only end one way Victor must die or he would if he failed by his masters hands and Tempest had no wish to go the way of Envy.

Tempest failed his attempt, a massive ship spewing smoke from piping that extended vertically from its decking came into view and the call, “Soldiers ready your guns!” was heard by Tempest and his heart quickened with the delight maybe these people would kill Victor for him and then their would be no need for Tempest to risk his own life in the attempt.

“FIRE!” The command rang loud in Tempest’s ears and he watched as Victor dove to the ground in fear and it was in that moment that two things happened. The first Tempest leaped towards Victor preparing to kill the cowering boy and the Second the guns fired but they were never aimed at Victor... and this is why Tempest failed. The guns had been trained upon Tempest since they had spotted him following the boy and now the bullets from those very same guns tore through Tempest’s body ending the demonic creatures pitiful life.

Victor was frightened behind belief not only had he thought he was about to be shot at but he now had a dead scaly carcass on his body. He didn’t dare move afraid that the musket man on the ship would fire once more and this time at him instead of the now dead lizard beast.

“Boy get your ass up and get aboard are captain has been waiting for you.” Roared one of the soldiers aboard the ship.

Victor needed no more urging he rushed aboard the ship, and soon he was confronted by one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen. She stood in front of him tall slender figure with blond hair that flowed down to just below her shoulders, and piercing blue eyes that seemed so captivating, she also stood a head shorter then Victor at the least.

“I am Captain Issabella.” She spoke with such surety and purpose, but Victor noticed neither of that he was still captivated by her beauty he remained speechless.
“And your name is...” She was growing impatient with him.
“Victor Augustus Miss, Bart said you could help me?” His stunned expression completely dissolved from his face and he felt calm and sure of himself again.
“So you are the man who wants to go see Ms.Dawn...” Issabella spoke slowly as if dreading the end of her sentence.
“Yes I am, Bart told me she would be able to answer my question.”
“What question would that be?” Asked Issabella expected something selfish and self serving such as how to find gold, or how to become rich.
“I want to know who killed my family...” He spoke the words softly and sadly, each word seeming to sear with pain in his throat.
“Ready the ship! We’re going to the House!” Shouted Issabella, she turned away from Victor she could not speak to him she had been to shocked by his question, no one had ever searched out Ms.Dawn for anything except riches before, this man was different.

“Lord Strife!” Barthelomew called out the words in surprise and stumbled backwards tripping over some uneven surface on the ground and falling his face covered in the expression known as fear.
“It’s Khan Strife.” The Khan corrected him softly his mouth turning up in a slight grin of amusement at the bartenders response to his arrival.
“I’m sorry master I was just surprised by your presence.” Barthelomew barely managed not to stutter he was frightened, with good reasons to, most minions of the Demon Lord were often killed when they met the Khan face to face.
“Did you send the boy to Ms.Dawn as we agreed?” The Khan often enjoyed a twisted game of pleasantries before getting down to business but this kind of business could not be delayed.
“Yes Master, I sent the boy to meet with Issabella the sea captain. She will be taking him to meet Ms.Dawn.” Barthelomew became confident as he spoke knowing the Khan would be pleased with this knowledge and his life would not be forfeit.

“Excellent.” Cooed the Demon. Master and servant shared a long silence, Bartholomew silence was derived from fear. He was afraid of the question he was about to ask knowing this would be what his life hinged upon. He finally managed to muster all his courage and speak,” M-m=master may I have a reward for my hard work and dedication to you.” Barthelomew was shaking and he grew even more frightened when the Demon lord turned towards him with an expression of complete shock as if Barthelomew had grown two heads. “A Reward..?” The demons repetition of the word spelt out the bartenders fate and Barthelomew began to shake and tears of fear began to form in the corner of his eyes.

“Yes Khan Strife a reward... I have helped you accomplish that which you have wanted for so long!” He was now trying to reason his request for a reward with the demon no longer caring if he actually received anything just trying to salvage his own life.

“I’m afraid you will get no reward.... But perhaps I will spare your life.” Said the Khan slowly as if every word was an extreme effort for him to say. He turned away from Barthelomew and the bartender let out a sigh of relief his biggest mistake of the evening. The Demon stopped the minute he heard the sigh. Without turning around the Khan spoke four words barely loud enough for Barthelomew to hear,” And perhaps I won’t”

With those words and a snap of Strife’s fingers the bartender fell to the ground writhing in pain. Barthelomew begged for help as his body convulsed. The Demon Lord made one last snap of his fingers and the bartenders body exploded spewing the room with his entrails. Khan Strife grinned has he exited the bar and his grin grew ever bigger when he saw the crowd that had gathered outside.

The Khan stood in the doorway of the bar facing out at the crowd and spoke enjoying the theatrics he had caused,”This concludes are show ladies and gentlemen and your lives for that matter.” The Khan took a bow and hell broke loose, thousands of demons burst forth from the bar, babies with vulture wings, snakes with eight legs and all other sorts of abominations, they killed and ate the villagers relishing in their fear and panic. The villagers didn’t stand a chance they were all dead within seconds and the last thought Khan had before disappearing back into the bar was ,’This place almost looks like home now.’
“All men on deck!” Victor heard Issabella roar the words and he stared around to see what the danger was. He saw a Imperial Vessel speeding towards them, it sails completely unfurled. “It’s only an Imperial Vessel.” Victor spoke calmly thinking that she was worrying for nothing why would a Imperial vessel attack them.

“We are a Crimean vessel Victor! Couldn’t you tell that when you saw the cannons!?” Issabella hollered at him her voice shaking in fear.
“But=” Anything Victor was going to say was lost as a ballista bolt slammed into the side of the ship, shaking it violently and taking the floor out from beneath Victors feet causing him to fall roughly on his back.
“Return fire!” Issabella was now completely in the role of captain, she had no time for Victor’s ridiculous and naive questions.

Cannons fired, rocking the ship with their recoil and tearing into the Imperial vessel which was not nearly as sturdily built as the metal Crimean ironclad.
“Their boarding us Captain!!” One of the soldiers roared before engaging a Imperial soldier who had made it aboard the ship.

“Draw swords-” Victor didn’t pay attention to the rest of what she said, he stared straight at a sailor on the Imperial vessel who was taking aim with his crossbow, his target was Issabella. Victor watched with horror as the man clicked the trigger on the bow. Victor would not make it in time to stop it he knew that, but he tried anyway he sprinted towards her hoping to get to her in time, and a Miraculous thing happened time seemed to slow for Victor visually, his speed remained constant but the movements of those around him were slow and sluggish even, and because of this strange phenomena he made it to Issabella, he leaped in front of her and at that moment the time stream returned to normal and the arrow flew straight and true and buried it self in Victor’s chest.

Victor hit the ground with a sickening thump as his body finally hit the floor after his daring leap. He looked down at his chest and saw the arrow impeded their and he actually smiled, he had saved someone and that was all that mattered to him, and then the pain began and it shot through his body, Victor experianced so much agony from that one arrow that his body slowly seemed to abandon him, each inch of him growing numb until the darkness of unconsciousness began to close around him, he tried to fight it off but he could not resist, it claimed him in the end and then he only knew darkness.
“I almost died that day Mr.Gramville.” I no longer knew whether or not to believe this man’s tale, he had lived thousands of years if any of it was true.

“You doubt me Mr.Gramville, I see it in your eyes that you are beginning to believe all of what I tell you is false.” He paused and looked at me his eyes full of agony an agony that would have been impossible to live in one life. If he hadn’t looked at me in those pained eyes I probably would have continued in my doubt, but those eyes convinced me of everything, they assaulted my doubt and drove it away beneath them.

“I believe you now sir, your eyes drove away my doubt, no man could see the agony that your eyes show in one lifetime.” I spoke softly sadly as if just by looking at this strange man I could feel part of his pain, I knew that was a foolish thought in itself but I couldn’t help but shiver in imagined agony at the sight of those eyes.

Chapter III

Victor’s eyes slowly blinked open, he was in absolutely no pain which was completely odd considering he had just been shot by a bullet. Victor was confused, how could he have been shot but feel no pain...unless he was dead? But no that did not seem right to him either he could still feel the wooden ship deck below him and as his eyes opened up it revealed the sky above him and it revealed Issabella’s concerned face leaning over him her blond hair almost covering her face because of how it hung. But then Victor noticed something else about Issabella that surprised him, she had tear stains on her cheeks, had she been crying about him? Victor oddly enough hoped she had been. But when she spoke it removed that thought from his head. “Your a imbecile you know that right?” Victor offered her a weak smile and laughed.

“Get the medic over here and take a look at him.” Yelled Issabella turning her attention away from Victor. A portly man in a tan tunic wearing a bloodstained white apron came over to Victor and examined beneath the rip in his shirt to look at the wound... The man seemed to become nervous as he touched the skin under the shirt.

“What’s wrong?” Issabella had noticed the look of panic on the man’s face and he he ripped Victor’s shirt open and saw a flawless chest not a singular puncture mark or any type of wound on it. “T-h-h-e bullet wound is gone M’am” Said the Medic barely managing to stutter the words his face was covered in a look of complete confusion.

“How is that possible?” Issabella seemed just as shocked by what she was seeing.

“I Do not know Miss...” The medic spoke softly and looked at Victor as if he was no longer human, like he was some sort of abomination that should not be in front of him.

“What are you Mr. Augustus?” Asked Issabella, a flintlock pistol held in her right hand, cocked and aimed at his head.
“I’m a human man of twenty two.” Said Victor calmly.
“Humans do not heal instantaneously Mr. Augustus.” Said Issabella the gun beginning to shake in her hands.

“This has never happened to me before, I swear Issabella, I would not lie to you about this.” Victor slowly got to his feet as he spoke, he reached out and grabbed the gun from her hands and tucked it away in her belt. After the gun had been taken from her hands she collapsed to the deck and began sobbing.

Victor was utterly lost. Why was this woman crying? She certainly had no reason to, at least that’s what Victor thought. Issabella was also confused as to why she had succumbed to tears. She had never cried over almost killing a man before, quite the opposite she had killed men with ease before, but something about this newcomer warmed her heart, this Mr.Augustus was a complete unknown to her and for some reason she found herself attracted to that.

The lord of all demons sat at the bar were he had killed Barthelomew. Anyone walking in from behind would assume he was just a patron but no one would walk into the Inn anymore.... Strife had turned the whole village into a demonic staging point for his invasion. Hundreds of Imperial soldiers assaulted the city each day trying to remove the demonic virus that had entrenched itself into their land. All had failed, but the Imperials would continue to try this city was in the center of their defensive line, and that suited the Khan just fine. Soon the Imperial forces would dry up and they would be forced to fall back to their capital and defend themselves their so that they could preserve what was left of their pathetic kingdom.

A Demon spoke interrupting the Khan's thoughts,“Khan, the boy has almost reached Ms.Dawn and the House.” The Khan turned his head and faced this new demon it bore a strong resemblance to Tempest, except for flies that seemed to constantly buzz about the beast and cloud of pestilence that seemed to constantly float around it.

“This is not good news. Then the boy is alive...” Kahn Strife asked with a small smile on his face and any demon who knew even the most basic rumors about the Kahn knew what his smile meant... punishment.

“I’m afraid so master...” The Demon known as Scourge began to shake as he spoke.
“So Tempest failed?” Asked the Kahn gnashing his teeth together in rage and in the attempt to make the smaller demon in front of him even more afraid.

“He was killed sir. By the woman captain and her crew.” Scourge visibly flinched after speaking. He was preparing himself for any amount of torture. But the Khan was to stunned to speak. Tempest could not have been killed by mere bullets he was a greater demon, greater demons could not be killed by mere physical means...

“Scourge! Rally the army in the realm and send a full column to siege the Lady Dawn’s house.” The Khan could not even muster his usual anger into his voice he was to stunned, to confused... The answer to his confusion had finally reached the Khan the boy had discovered his abilities, the boy had now truly become a threat.

The Khan was so deep in his thoughts he did not notice the room darkening or even the fact that his minion had left his side.

“So you have failed to rid me of the boy!” A voice boomed around the Khan. The Khan's eyes darted around his eyes filled with a most unusual emotion for him, fear. The Khan fell to the ground and bowed his head to the wood trying to make himself worthy of this intruding voice.

A giant man made of complete darkness slowly began to form in the room, it stood seven feet tall. It eyes were balls of electricity that seemed to be sucking the energy out of the room.

“You are forgiven Strife only because you are needed.” Said the shadowy figure that had been addressed by the Khan as Atrum.

“I have sent an army to siege The House.” Said Khan Strife his head still bowed low to his master and his body visibly shaking in fear.

“Excellent the boy must be destroyed! I will rule this world Khan!” Said Atrum with a deep booming voice that seemed to crackle with electricity.

“Yes Master! I Promise it will be done and you will once again rule over these wretches!” The Khan tried to gather his usual confidence but a sideways glance from the shadow giant shattered the Khan's meager reserves of confidence. Atrum looked at the Khan one last time and slowly faded away. He could stay in this world no longer.

Strife was not sure his master was truly gone, he ripped open a portal to his realm and darted through it. Not wishing to face Atrum again.

“Move Scourge!” The Khan roared the word his normal commanding self returning now that he was safe in his realm.

“Yes master!” Said Scourge stepping to the side fearfully so that the Khan could look at his army. What Khan saw in front of him was beautiful by his demonic standards. The most powerful of demons besides himself stood before him. Nex Addos, Demons born in the darkest pits of the realm, fallen brothers of the ancient gods these were the beings that made up the Khan's army, these were the beings he would hope would bring him victory.

They were a glorious sight, huge seven foot creatures, carrying massive pikes no man could ever carry or axes the size of a man that they carried one handed and easily. The creatures themselves were hideous by the standard of humanity. They had the heads of goats huge circular horns that sprouted from their foreheads, along with b lack fur that covered the rest of their body and the same menacing eyes of pure white lightning that Atrum had. Their bodies were that of a snake long and sinewy with hindlegs of a lion. They were the perfected warriors more cunning then even the most famous of human generals.

“My Soldiers! Are time has come! I will lead you to Victory over the House!” Roared Khan Strife raising a red curved blade over his head that seemed to radiate evil. His soldiers screamed voices full of blood lust that would soon be answered, or at least that's what the Khan hoped.

“That's the house on the horizon.” Said Issabella a smile on her face as she pointed at a large building ahead of them on the very edge of an island.

“The house?” Asked Victor.
“The House... that’s were Ms.Dawn is.” Said Issabella slightly impatient.
They had been on the boat a week together and she had begun to grow close to him. He was an interesting man, even though he seemed lost all the time.
“Oh, I thank you for taking me here.” Victor said as he finally understood what she was talking about.

“It was no problem Mr.Augustus.” She Said smiling at him and trying to draw a smile out of him in turn. He didn’t, his emotions were swirling about within him, he was beginning to care for this woman captain but his pain for the loss of his family still burdened him, if he hadn’t gone to the mountain that day they would of lived, he was sure of that.

“You can’t blame yourself for your parents death Mr.Augustus.” Said Issaballa desperately trying to comfort him even though she knew nothing of his pain.

Victor turned and looked at her gratefully for the consolation even if he didn’t truly want it,”Call me Victor.” it was the only thing he could think of in return to say, this woman was trying to console him and he had never told her it was okay for her to call him by his first name.

“Well Victor I hope you enjoy the rest of your day aboard the ship, we’ll be at The House sometime tonight.” She walked away from him feeling unwanted. She didn’t like the feeling.

Night had fallen on the ship and on the world around it. Victor’s last night on the ship too, if Issabella was right about how long it would take to get to the House.

All was quiet aboard the ship. Everyone was asleep in their bunks below deck, everyone except Victor of course. Victor stood hunched over the railing on the deck his elbows resting on the rail contemplating why all this had happened to him. What had he done to deserve such things happening to him!? Nothing! He was sure their was no probable reason for him to be the one to lose so much in his life. He knew he was thinking selfish thoughts but he did not care, he had lost enough in his life a few selfish thoughts would not make matters worse. Who was this Ms.Dawn he was searching for as well? Why had he listened to some half crazed bartender? Nothing made sense to Victor anymore, especially his inability to express any emotion to Issabella, he knew they had only known each other for a week but he had developed some strong feelings for her, but he seemed unable to express them.

Victor was jolted away from his thoughts by a tap on his right shoulder, he turned towards the tap to see Issabella standing there. She looked beautiful in the silver moonlight glow,”Are you alright Victor?”

“I feel fine.” Said Victor giving her a weak smile.
“Victor I need to talk to you about something....” She spoke hesitantly almost afraid to speak aloud.
“What is it Issabella?” He seemed dis concerned his thoughts were to jumbled to feel any apprehension at what she might say.
“Victor....-” She was interrupted before she could continue.
“The house is in sight Captain!” Roared the lookout from the crows nest causing important words to remain unspoken between Issabella and Victor.

“You were about to say something?” Asked Victor finally realizing she might have been trying to say what he had been hoping for sense he had boarded the ship.

“I’ll tell you later Victor...” She said softly all the courage she had built up completely gone in a single interruption.

Story currently on hold

Last edited:
Level 5
No I haven't, and thanks for the comment, I appreciate it. I needed something except my families opinion on it. (I just realized it sounds like I'm introducing people to a Vampire, but I'm not the story has nothing to do with Vampires.)

Last edited:
Level 15
The story is good, but you have plenty of spelling errors here and there. Try to clean it up a bit more. The story itself is actually very interesting, and makes me curious about what will happen next, and how this man apparently is immortal.

Level 5
I don't believe my grammar was that bad to warrant a comment like that, especially considering I didn't mix up word positioning all that much, but anyway I appreciate the comment. It made me look through the story again and add in words here and there, and to change comma and period positioning so as to make the story continue smoother

Level 4
The prologue gave me an eerie recreation of Forrest Gump with the whole "bus-stop-story-telling" thing. Best of luck with this story!

Level 7
wow so much bad things happened in just one chapter, poor guy...

Aside from a few spelling errors like "to" should be "too" and "their" should be "there", it was a good read. For some reason I was thinking of communists the whole time lol

Level 5
lol me and the their, they're, and there don't get along to well its not that I don't which one to use its just I get to far ahead of myself and I usually just don't think what form to use.

Edit: Added more to Chapter I

Last edited:
Level 5
Well when I first wrote it, it was just Bartholomew but I got sick of retyping it over and over so I decided to give him the nickname of Bart.

Edit: Chapter I is completely finished and posted at the top working on chapter II now.

Last edited:
Level 5
Added Chapter 3 comments appreciated and encouraged

I would also like to hear peoples title idea's even though you haven't gotten the main bulk of the story yet, I'm just curious to hear title ideas because my current title sucks.

Level 5
Whats wrong with the format? and what do you mean by put it in a more book written or paragraph form? do you mean the way the paragraphs or split up or do you mean how you have to reveal each chapter and its not all just their for you to read at once? (I do that to save space)

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm just posting this little comment to get a moderators attention I would like to change my Topic name to "The Ordering" It goes better with what this story is going to unfold into other then just "Order"

And to anyone who is looking at this who isn't a moderator all critisicm is welcome as long as its constructive.

Level 5
The Order makes it seem like its a society or a group, when it seemingly starts like that and Victor does start quite a few groups, but the ending goes with more of an Ordering theme as if every action was governed by an unseen force.

Level 5
Well anyone who liked this story will be unable to read more for a bit. I have moved and all i have is my laptop and my desktop is in storage which only has 2 more chapters in it anyway but the original copy which I wrote on a type writer (Idky just felt like it) is currently in the back of a storage shed so I can not revise and post here like I was doing... But I will be working on the sequel and prequel to ths for anyone that is interested in reading it still.

This is not gonna be like one of those series were if you didn't read this one you won't understand it, it will be a series where you could just read them all and then be pleasantly surprised when someone tells you they were all based on each other.

Anyway hope you enjoyed what you could read, and I will be finishing this eventually hopefully sooner then later.

(I'm sorry if I broke a rule threw this post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.