• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DRAGON BALL Z BEYOND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
KamenRiderKabuto and Orgrim Proudly Presents:
Completely new 100% Pure DragonBall Z Game

-New intense fighting system that no one seen before in Warcraft3
-Over 15 characters and their transformations
-Hundreds of powerful KI attacks
-Air Combat
-PvP game that will change whole view of that what Warcraft Engine can really do

01jg7.gif

02zf6.gif

03fi9.gif

DRAGON BALL Z BEYOND
Soon more information's...

Level 8
why is everyone so obsessed with dbz?

on topic: OP, what percentage of your 'revolutionary' map is done? Screens are nice, but i can place lots of custom models in editor and make screenshots too. Tell us some more of these "information's"

Level 8
es you crazy >.>

org get on msn lol

Also any clue when it might be done?? looks nice....Also for all of you who are like "why are people still liking dbz?? its lame now" its because we saw it and now its a part of us

Level 4
gohan43 said:
es you crazy >.>

org get on msn lol

Also any clue when it might be done?? looks nice....Also for all of you who are like "why are people still liking dbz?? its lame now" its because we saw it and now its a part of us

best explanation for DBZ Fanism ever.

Level 8
>Also any clue when it might be done?? looks nice....Also for all of you who are like "why are people still liking dbz?? its lame now" its because we saw it and now its a part of us

Was it ever not lame? With target audience being 8 year old boys. I don't think so.

Level 4
ElectricSaiyan said:
Yippee, another map with ripped ESF models! Hooray! </sarcasm>

K I gonna tell that last time...
Each noob from ESF like Kreshi, Brollman and others!!! Ripped models from BFP Universce Pack! And since i was poart of the team I can use them jsut like i want...
You`re guys sure are stupid

Level 8
Org-pl you're missing the point. We don't care who owns then, or who has right to use. These models are not original anymore, yet your map has nothing to offer right now, except for these models. Come back when you have something solid, no one wants to see your crappy screens.

Level 1
@low-life, excuse me while I go puke due to your posts, thanks a lot.
@orgrim, I personally don't CARE where you got the models, after all, that terrain is yours and at least looks like you DO know what you're doing.
@Electricsaiyan, before commenting on anyone's models, try making one we actually want to look at.
@The moderator over here, I understand you seem to dislike the theme, but if you want chewed out crap, I suggest you go and bitch in a topic about some Aeon of Strife or DotA map. After all, all of those are the same and they all suck. Footman wars and other crap like that are great possible targets too. Personally, I'd say that if you let your personal thoughts, which seem to be horribly biased in favor of total crap like most of this site, take part in your job as a moderator, you don't even deserve to be one.
@Gotenkz, the models are actually his, he's just reusing his own old work, which given the fact that they DON'T suck is a good thing.

So.. as for more info.. I guess I do have the authorization to post a few bits and pieces...:
-The fight system ITSELF is in experimental stages, but the main idea is to get it to play like a fighting game.
-The underlying systems are implemented in DBEngine Build 1 (by me), which KamenRiderKabuto was kind enough to debug, fix and improve.
-Actual other systems like the usual hero selection and stuff HAVE been thought of and the hero selection system is defined and implemented, we have yet to test it though.
-Currently, KamenRiderKabuto's working on defining the other systems required for gameplay to work, updates and specifications will be online at http://beyondproductions.s4.bizhat.com (that page is currently non-functional) later.
-Release date: Whenever it's done, currently, noone has any idea how those additional systems (2 are currently defined, nicknames are Jupiter and SHODAN, actual specifications are as of yet still in the works) will be implemented, let alone how long their definition, specification and implementation will take. Also, unlike other maps, this one will go into a LONG period of semi-open source testing, idea review, redesign, improvement and overall gameplay balancing, which will obviously improve gameplay quality but take a LONG time.
-Well, that semi-open part brings me to the following statement:
All JASS code used in this map will be publicly released under the GNU General Public License. As of yet, Orgrim hasn't agreed to also release the map's terrain, object editor stuff or models, so it will be source only as far as I can tell. Also, specifications for Beyond's subsystems will be available under GNU Free Documentation License (invariant sections and cover texts dependent on the actual specification in question).
Well, that's it for now, more to come at the site I mentioned later, feel free to go there and discuss the project.

Level 1
lowlife

sry lowlife kind of idiot
why dont you think i know he has used the models

when he was on the team he must have full permission to use it!

just cuz i registered today

Level 9
He was never part of the team. Go download the pack and see for yourself.
Warofhell said:
@Electricsaiyan, before commenting on anyone's models, try making one we actually want to look at.
Okay, but I didn't comment on anyone's model/models. I sarcastically stated, "yay, another map with ripped ESF models". That looks more to me like I'm commenting on a map that has models, not the models themselves.
If I was commenting on them, you'd see pictures.

Level 8
what i dont get it why people post in the topic if they dont like it?? i mean there is just no point to it such as what lowlife is doing right now, you must really have a "low life" eh? Good job WoH :D atleast someone is helping and not spammin...And es good point

Level 40
Hey low-life, looks like alot of people are getting in the habit of creating promotional accs, eh?

Anyways, i dont see whats so great about that terrain :?

and also, again, please tell me how you intend to make people see capabilities of the wc3 engine they wouldntve thought possible? if you're right, ill buy you a candy.

Level 1
@The moderator, it should be your JOB to get rid of spam (might I add that your posts in this topic are nothing BUT spam?), but it seems your ego allows you to ignore that.
@ES, I personally don't care whether he was ever part of that team or not. After all, it is entirely irrelevant for his work on this map. What matters to THIS map is that he's handling models, terrain and some other eye-candy bits and pieces.

Just to clarify, my job in this little project is quite simple: I help KamenRiderKabuto out to get the goddamn specifications and code done.

Level 16
Warofhell said:
@The moderator, it should be your JOB to get rid of spam (might I add that your posts in this topic are nothing BUT spam?), but it seems your ego allows you to ignore that.

Purpleroot isnt a real mod. He's just a guy with a title and nothing better to do than try to prove himself in these forums.

Level 40
@The moderator, it should be your JOB to get rid of spam

Im just a section mod, not a forums mod

might I add that your posts in this topic are nothing BUT spam?

Negative opinions are spam now, eh?

but it seems your ego allows you to ignore that.

What would i have to gain from posting on this topic? The only reason im posting in the first place is cause im getting insanely tired of all these MY MAP WILL BE THE BEST LOLZ threads that are springing up in the maps section.

Purpleroot isnt a real mod. He's just a guy with a title and nothing better to do than try to prove himself in these forums.

:?

Level 4
Mini-Me said:
Warofhell said:

hahaha, PurplePoot <3

Level 40
TheSonOfCulture said:
Mini-Me said:
Warofhell said:

hahaha, PurplePoot <3

Yeah, im guessing thats my new nick :D

Level 40
Honestly, i think its abominable to post a map with no info, then get mad at people who comment on that.

Like, for example, you give us 4 pieces of information, with no course of action, and no description of what they will be

Let me explain

-New intense fighting system that no one seen before in Warcraft3
-Over 15 characters and their transformations
-Hundreds of powerful KI attacks
-Air Combat
-PvP game that will change whole view of that what Warcraft Engine can really do

Fighting system - you give us no idea on what you hope to do, how you hope do do it, and/or what it is
15 chars is fine.
Hundreds of powerful KI Attacks - KI? Whats that? Powerful? in what way?
Air Combat - Wc3 already has this, i dont see why youre advertising it
PvP game that will change the whole view of that what the Warcraft engine can really do - Well, this is The Mr. Controvertial of the day :?. First, How will it change our view? What will it be? What will it improve in the game? How, at least roughly, do you expect to do it? Right now, it just sounds like you're being arrogant.

I also find it low that you seem to have made 2 accounts to promote your own thread - they have both only posted 2 times, both in this thread, and have been saying things which are basically "awesome map! No criticisms! This map will own j00!"... Which, seeing as we know even the best map will get some criticisms, those are alts... Or atleast, theyre acting MAJORLY like them.

Level 1
Low-life, I'm afraid that moderator's "arguments" are completely invalidated by the info I posted DAYS before that idiot (who probably has such a hard time reading his brain cells died off just before the info from my post could sink in) posted those so-called arguments.
As such, he has just proved the fact that he's a complete idiot who cannot read and should most certainly get his ass kicked out of whatever staff job he has.
Then again, I have just decided that you guys aren't worthy of my attention anyway.

Level 40
Hmm... gotta find that link

Ah, there it is.

Pwnt

I will say no more, except that you should read that thread and you will [hopefully] get my point

I dont want to start a flame war.

EDIT: low-life

He won't be able to understand it, so flaming will still be 100% justified.

To him it may be, but ignorance is no excuse. What if i was to say "i wasnt looking at him when i did it, so i shouldnt be charged for murder"?

Though, you WERE correct in your suspicions :D

Level 27
How to not flame a mod:
Just stop talking right now. It's apparent your blabber comes out as nothing else. Unless you include the ad for your one in two-hundred billion maps that promotes"1337 awesomeness", the "best map eveaaah!", and "revolutionizes wc3 forever!". I'm just guessing what you said, I built an AntiForumNoob device so now your words turn into "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"
It's really a neat device.
Hmm.. I wont take this any farther, because while I don't mind a good battle of wits, flame wars are just pointless :roll:
--donut3.5--

Level 40
Ugh... totally forgot to comment on a few things

Low-life, I'm afraid that moderator's "arguments" are completely invalidated by the info I posted DAYS before that idiot (who probably has such a hard time reading his brain cells died off just before the info from my post could sink in) posted those so-called arguments.
As such, he has just proved the fact that he's a complete idiot who cannot read and should most certainly get his ass kicked out of whatever staff job he has.
Then again, I have just decided that you guys aren't worthy of my attention anyway.

Just because you didnt read my older posts doesnt mean they dont exist.

Its just, enough people were basically saying my points were invalid, since they had little or no more supporting argument than yours did, so i posted another with 200% explanations.

Level 9
donut3.5 said:
How to not flame a mod:
Just stop talking right now. It's apparent your blabber comes out as nothing else. Unless you include the ad for your one in two-hundred billion maps that promotes"1337 awesomeness", the "best map eveaaah!", and "revolutionizes wc3 forever!". I'm just guessing what you said, I built an AntiForumNoob device so now your words turn into "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"
It's really a neat device.
Hmm.. I wont take this any farther, because while I don't mind a good battle of wits, flame wars are just pointless :roll:
--donut3.5--
Awesome tutorial right there. I nominate it for a pin!

Edzit: Ah poopsies.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=89545#89545
Maybe that's a better tutorial, but hey, whatever.
I've seen a video. The flying system is okay, but it's kinda a bit weird. You didn't show anything about a fighting system though.
It's quite obvious WoH is in on this, so there's no use in really trying to flame him. He doesn't care...AND if I said why, it'd be flaming.

Well Donut...uh...PM me...:)

and say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.