• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Drag & Drop to upload resources is annoying as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is just a personal thing, but the drag & drop boxes when uploading stuff to the database are really annoying.

Can you add a "browse" button again, pretty please?
Having to manage windows is just added inconvenience with no real purpose. I mean; what is the advantage of the drag & drop in the first place? Now I need to look for the file in the explorer, collapse it to window mode (I'm used to work in fullscreen mode), collapse firefox to window mode, place them adjacent to each other and drag the file over.
And even if I have the file on the desktop (who does that? Especially for maps this is super inconvenient, as you want maps in the WC3 maps folder so that the game will show them in the custom game selection), I would still need to collapse firefox to window mode to drag & drop.
Oh and that's not all: I actually have to aim for the damn box. If I just quickly draw the file over, the site tells me "go home, you're drunk.". I know that this is a joke, but come on, the site clearly recognizes what I was trying to do, so why doesn't it recognize the file?

That's literally a dozen of extra clicks for absolutely no reason at all.

Level 23
What murcologist said.
Murcologist? Who's that?

Oh, I learned something new today. The site should tell you that this is an option. :/
While it's not obvious, the first thing I did when I saw the Drag n Drop is to click it if it will let me browse instead, and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.