• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I've seen those tools for calculating the damage per second, and I am very confused by the results.

Isn't the formula like...
[ Base Damage + ( Damage Number of Dice + Damage Sides per Die ) / 2 ] / Attack Speed * Number of targets to hit
:confused:

For example: [ 5 + ( 1 + 2 ) / 2 ] / 1.5 * 1 = ( 5 + 1.5 ) * 1.5 = 6.5 / 1.5 = 4.(3) which is correct in my opinion.

(Tell me if I am wrong and show me the right formula, please!)

Level 12
No way, "sides per die" must be multiplied by "number of dice". The average die roll is ("sides per die"+1)/2, therefore average attack damage is [base damage + "number of dice"+("sides per die"+1)/2] and the entire formula:
Code:
[ Base Damage + Damage Number of Dice*(Damage Sides per Die+1)/2 ] / Attack Cooldown * Number of targets to hit

Level 12
Hmm... With this values, you attack for 6-7 (5 + 1 die of 1-2) every 1.5 seconds...that means in 3 seconds you make two attacks, one for 6 and the other one for 7 damage. That makes 13 damage in 3 seconds, 4.3 dps.

Vercas's formula will work for 1 die, the formula will be same then. 1*(2+1) is same as 1+2. (number of dice, sides per die )

Status
Not open for further replies.