• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Posting: the Final Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Double posting is bad: why is that even possible??!?
Can't you just edit the forum so that when someone Double Posts his comment becomes automatically part of his previous post (with some space in-between)? This solution would be really really nice and would ERADICATE the problem once and for all.

Level 9
I really can't see a good reason not to do it.
It would take effort from you administrators, yes, and it is just a small change.
But small updates are what makes the site better, since it doesn't really have major problems.
Anyway, I don't really have a problem with things as they are. I just thought you wanted to improve what can be improved.
:) bye and thanks for the attention.

Level 31
lol, or you could just have it where, if you try to double post, a little message comes up saying: "Use the edit button!"...

BUT, bumping would be a problem. For bumping, you should be able to click a button after a week of no posts that sends it to the start of the forum again. And, after a month of no posting you would not be able to bump anymore. Therefore, you would preserve bumping, eliminate double posting, and eliminate necro-bumping. Oh, and you would only be able to bump 3 times.

EDIT: And Py: Well duh...but just saying "don't do it!" doesn't always help. People will still do it, and you will still have to neg rep them. Why not just remove the whole problem? Yes, it would be hard to do.. But, so is putting a model resource section with tabs etc when you could simply make a regular forum. It's worth it. Less negrep, less grief, more win!

Status
Not open for further replies.