• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Report System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
We all know that the report system is one of the most used, well for me that is, systems here in Hive. After reporting like 20 posts that needed to be merged because of double-posting, it has come to my mind that typing the same word again and again is quite a hassle.

So, why not add options to it? Currently the reporting system could use some improvements. Adding options when reporting is a good way to help users know if what the post they are reporting is indeed wrong in some way. The options could be: spam, advertisements, some other stuff, and of course "others" so that you can enter some unique message if the post does not fall in any of the categories or options listed.

The second thing I wanted to talk about is about double-reporting. I am yet to encounter this issue, so what I might say here may be wrong, but here we go. Whenever we report a post, a report thread is created, right? Why not give users access to their own reports, so that we can know if we reported the right thing. This way, we would know if the case had or had not been dealt with and wrong reports may be avoided. This way, the moderators/admins dealing with the report may give his insight(s) regarding the post. Making it possible for some talk regarding the report.

One possible alternative to the aforementioned suggestion is adding a notification that you had already reported that post so that you won't spam threads. Well, add a limit that is, perhaps 48 hours or 2 days until the post can be reported once again. Welp, either of the two would work imo.

What do you say? I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding this topic.

Level 28
So, why not add options to it? Currently the reporting system could use some improvements. Adding options when reporting is a good way to help users know if what the post they are reporting is indeed wrong in some way. The options could be: spam, advertisements, some other stuff, and of course "others" so that you can enter some unique message if the post does not fall in any of the categories or options listed.

Lesupport. Though I haven't use the report system even once on my stay here.

Level 20
This might be useful somehow for the Hive. But really when I report a user I usually do it differently, mostly through VMs or PMs. Though honestly I've used it only once, and I hope that's the last time.

One possible alternative to the aforementioned suggestion is adding a notification that you had already reported that post so that you won't spam threads. Well, add a limit that is, perhaps 48 hours or 2 days until the post can be reported once again. Welp, either of the two would work imo.

This paragraph caught my attention, because it reminds me of the notification that appears when you try to rep a post twice. I think that's what you were going for?

Anyways, full support on this one.

Level 12
Lesupport. Though I haven't use the report system even once on my stay here.

Thanks.

This might be useful somehow for the Hive. But really when I report a user I usually do it differently, mostly through VMs or PMs. Though honestly I've used it only once, and I hope that's the last time.

This paragraph caught my attention, because it reminds me of the notification that appears when you try to rep a post twice. I think that's what you were going for?

Anyways, full support on this one.

Using vm/pm is a hassle, so I use report.

Yes, something like that. It is an alternative to users being able to view their own report threads. And thanks.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello Hexcellion,
You of all people would know that this could be improved. I broke a sweat yesterday when going through all those reports :D.
When something is reported, a thread is created for us to look at. If two people report the same thing, another post will be added to the thread. This just shows us that more people reported it, but we won't have extra work on our part.
I like the idea of a list of preset messages such as "Double posting", "Necro posting", "Advertising", "Trolling", "Spamming".

Roland

R

Roland

Necro posting is like Commenting a post that is very old which is bad. It's like Resurrection a dead post.

Level 12
Hello Hexcellion,
You of all people would know that this could be improved. I broke a sweat yesterday when going through all those reports :D.
When something is reported, a thread is created for us to look at. If two people report the same thing, another post will be added to the thread. This just shows us that more people reported it, but we won't have extra work on our part.
I like the idea of a list of preset messages such as "Double posting", "Necro posting", "Advertising", "Trolling", "Spamming".

Yes, of course I do. I was so bored that I scrolled some threads and went on a reporting spree so I know how many threads I must have created.

That's good if reports get merged so I won't have any say with that, and thanks for acknowledging my idea.

Well, sure, but this seems to be too much of a hassle for this version of Hive.
As far as I understood things, the suggestion means to add checkboxes usable for everybody, which will send the report to its respective section within the Reports area.
The few clicks that are spared for users, will end up being necessary for Staff to get to their destination.

The thing that should be rather easy to do, is adding an option to use prefixes for reports. That doesn't cause too much of a hassle, I assume, and Staff will see the main problem at hand before going into detail about the respective situation - while reports are still stored in one and the same location.
Stuff like [Inappropriate], [Spam], [Multi-Post], [Advertisement], [Wrong Forum] etc.

Then again, I have no experience in coding, so I don't know about the difficulty of implementing such changes.

Level 12
Let me summarize the three long paragraphs I made.

First is like what you said, adding prefixes for the reports. By adding these, the reporter gets to see a list of the violations from "Flaming", "Necro posting", "Double posting", "Wrong section", which would be of help to them, they get to know what the violations are and the staff, well, they would just read the prefix and some info added and do their job a bit faster.

Second is users having access to their reports so they could know if the problem has been handled.

Third is somewhat a notification like in giving rep that you had already reported this post twice.

Thanks for bringing that up I3lackDeath, hope this makes my post clearer.

Roland

R

Roland

@Hexcellion, I'll give you an example of Necroposting. I'll give you the example link later :p

Level 35
@Hexcellion, I'll give you an example of Necroposting. I'll give you the example link later :p

Yea, I do believe I saw a post like that of your some time ago? :wink:

Also agree with the suggestion, same notion we have when moderating in Ogame.. but since Ralle have already voiced acknowledgment I figure it we'll be seeing it.

Roland

R

Roland

Offtopic time! A little bit.

I haz love Aardvarks and we all toh be funneh all da time we alwayz eat antz 24/7 and inserts the tongue toh da ant hill. so da ants we like: IT'S THE END OF ANT WORLD!! WAAAH. Den, I waz like: MMMMMM, Yummy-san! :3 I wish, I became a real Aardvark!! :p

HEHEH.

There off-topic :p

Roland

R

Roland

Well, I don't use the report system tho, but some users use it btw... I only PM Ralle or VM the moderators if some users kept on rule-breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.