• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota-like map looking for members to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Creator:LordRazi3l with the help of TheRuller :)

Name:
Still looking for a good name :)

Version:

Short Main Story:
During the war betwen the night elfs and scourge on a far away land the war betwen the humans and orcs has started.A dota-like based map with custom heroes,items,spells.

Races:
TheHumans
TheOrcs

Map Size:
dota-like

Tileset for now:
ashenvale/barrens

We have 15 heroes
4 spells for each... spells to lvl 4 ultimates to lvl 3

Creep spawn ready.. bases builded.

Killing sounds are online :)

Boss:made but need to script him

Stats:
Terrain ||||||||
Heroes ||||
Story ||
Spells ||||
Items ||
Other ||||

I am looking for a devoted team to work on this project. :)
So here is What I need from you:

I need anyone who knows a bit of triggering and other things :) i need advanced people too but.. lets see what team we get ^^
Someone to make a Loading screen art
Someone who is good at balancing units, spells, creeps, etc.
and eventually a few Beta Testers

Want to help with this project?
Pm me and post here.

Also don't hesitate to ask a Question or give a Suggestion.
If you want to contact me add me on yahoo:[email protected]

Last edited:
Level 21
Well... a tip for you, good mapmakers mostly don't like dota, so, go on searching people with that title, then you get a bunch of people which know how to make laggy and leaky spells and a terrain like wintermaul...

You should maybe first get a idea how the name of the map type is which you want to create, and maybe don't make it dota like, make it something new, btw the type of dota is AoS, Aeon of Strife, and dota is not really the "favourite" map of mapmakers, because every idiot compares your map with dota, and thats bullshit, dota is NOT a good AoS map, if you want a perfect example for a good AoS, go and google for Desert of Exile or Advent of Zenith....

Now... have fun.

well DotA is good in itself but it doesn't mean that I would want to make something like that either especially in the same terrain arrangement and also I think the gameplay you want is also the same as DotA and that is BORING, I think if it's like that people who are DotA fans will just play DotA instead.....

I guess it will take you a long time to find people for this, but I think you can make this good all by yourself, its not a huge map and I think its not that advanced either(well except for spells maybe)...

I suggest you try to make a twist to make this game fun then maybe some people will be motivated to join you.. Example: Add some kind of fun mini-games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.