• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need members to help for my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello. I need help on my map. 'tis called, well, it's a hero defense. It looks okay, but I know it doesn't have good qualities of a great map. I need a terrainer, a triggered ability maker and item and recipe maker. I've got the recipes and how to create the triggers, but I'm confused on ideas. Lastly, a hero creator. And anything else you think u can help with, I'm gladly accepting.

Now, I know you wouldn't like to contribute because my map sounds like a random n00bie map. Which it is. But I need help to make it better.

This map is basically a new version of an old one I've worked on, but I need help to improve it. It's going to have a version series, like most maps.

Thanks in advance. :grin:

I've got a name for the map, but I think I'll change it ...

Genre: Hero Defense

Description: Basically, a one-way hero defense. Troops will spawn every 10 (will be changed to be longer) seconds and a big advance force every 20 seconds. We can pick from a tavern, a variety of heroes, (now very little in numbers - 19 heroes). I have a random pick system and repick system but both of them might produce the same hero for two players, which is bad. 4 players in each team but will be 5 (a bit like DotA). Terraining needs (a lot of) improvement.

Needed persons:
Triggerer - to add triggers for money systems and alternate mana/currency system, repick and random pick and others. Also required to fix up existing triggers. Will get full credit in the map credits.

Terrainer - to improve existing terrain. It looks very boring now, and square. Credit depends on how much job/effort is done.

Hero Creator - requires good creativity and imagination. Also can show ideas of abilities of that hero. Can get full credit too.

And that's all for now ... If you can be two of the above, then that's even greater.

Last edited:
Level 3
I can help you with heroes, and maybe you should create shop with weapons, for ex. I'm buying sword for my hero and I can see it in his hand:D

Here are my 3 screenshots of Orc Mage that I did in 2-4 minutes. He has got a cape and a hat:D I can give him a weapon, for ex. magic wand.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    225.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.bmp
    143.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.bmp
    179.5 KB · Views: 87
Level 2
Yay, thankies. Oh, and can you do hero abilities as well? Maybe triggered abilities, perhaps, but I can do some. Just the basics, though. I'll PM ASAP with the attachment of the map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try posting better details, even a nooby map can get good people to help if you make it sound good enough. You have to give more info on your map, plot and stuff. Maybe some screenshots, possiable systems, spells, anything that can help convince people that it is a good map.

This is a trick called advertising, trustme, it can raise your project member count by up to 4* what you would normally get, or lower it if your map is not very good.

Level 2
Yes, my map is nooby. Well, sort of, but you know what i mean. I'll go edit the first post then. I haven't got WE open, but i'll try to get screen shots later. Oh, Dr Super Good, do u want to help as well? Any help is appreciated. :grin:

EDIT: I've attached the map, Sar'Kter. Yes, it's very ugly, boring, laggy, nooby and awful, but you can help with it!

Attachments

• Hero Defense!.w3x
    369.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Im a freelance JASS triggerer, I do not settle down on a solo map, I help with solving trigger trouble/jass errors, even make the odd spell, but I do not have the ability to stick to one map, sorry.

Ill look at the map shortly/sometime in the future and then post my comments on it.

Level 2
That's okay. You can just help a little. I'll still be putting your name in the Credits though ... if you help that is. It doesn't matter if you can't work on it for a period of time, but even a look at some errors and helping out a little can help. :infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.