• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Dota in Sc2 already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
yeah you heard right someone has already made a dota copy in Sc2. Its current version is 0.1 so must have just been released. The maker is claiming its better than dota from wc3 already. Gonna go check it out soon...

Oh no! Rick Astley will take over the custom maps and will monopolize them!

However, there is Dota-like map, since that's what you are looking for.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/warrior/

Screenshot004.Jpg

Level 3
Yeah I played it when it was just posted me and three other people got rick-rolled, Me and another guy were staying to see if it would ever end, by waiting till the Recourse timer went out because the song actually lasts that long, but it just keeps replaying >>

Level 22
DONT CLICK IT! ITS RICK ROLL IN DISGUISE!

great, here comes the battle.net fags who post copies of maps that are Rick Rolls. Blizzard should give the option to report maps

no seriously, DONT click it

Why not? I hate the 80s but when I listen to him, I think I wanna listen to that kind of.. disco music and feel like being the 80s.

Just fyi I opened the map - it is custom texture of a billboard and the music added separately not real video.

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Some of the fears people have are baseless due to the way Bnet 2.0 is designed.

No matter how popular DOTA gets, if there's 1 defining map that's being played, then only 1 DOTA map will show up on the top 10 custom games list.

There's no custom name hosting so you'll never see "DOTA -AR -EM NO NOOBS"

There will probably be filters in place to shut out certain types of maps if you don't like them

This isn't Warcraft 3.

Level 22
Some of the fears people have are baseless due to the way Bnet 2.0 is designed.

No matter how popular DOTA gets, if there's 1 defining map that's being played, then only 1 DOTA map will show up on the top 10 custom games list.

There's no custom name hosting so you'll never see "DOTA -AR -EM NO NOOBS"

There will probably be filters in place to shut out certain types of maps if you don't like them

This isn't Warcraft 3.

That's why im so sarcasting and laughing at the 'Dota fear'. You will get a single Dota name in the list, as it is now, even if 1000 Dotas are made. However, if they let us create games with our own names as it should be, maybe then there will be.

Ever heard of the 'The Message' map against the popularity system? The current system has some pluses but also you can't name game names as you are like not the host of the hosted game. Basically currently it is looking like War3 Bots hosting games since you are not the actual host, Bnet is. It is not rational, nothing like what we've seen. Pluses < Minuses of that system., tho

Level 22

Great! He imported legacy map. Well, some say are for seeing a dota-like map but not Dota. Im for 100% futuristic Dota exactly and not other Dota-like maps when it comes to 'Dota style' maps. Im looking forward to it as I would play it and the current system will not make a list full of dota games even if it became the most played. It is just that when SC2 will replace war3, for me I want it to be not only the new melee, new mapmaking but also the new dota game.

Level 19
Although somewhat I wouldn't really be so amused to see DotA invading another Blizzard game...

Hint: Defence Of The... Space Orcs

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You forget that as game types are attributes, the top 5-6 popular maps will be the same map but in different game modes.

Popular maps really needs to change.
It should display popular game modes with the option to change to currently avaialble hosted games.

This would stop 1 map having multiple popularity slots, allow for new versions to be clusterd in the same popularity and to allow people to join game by type (all random for example) or to see if the map is actually hosted.

You should also be able to remove the popularity overlay so you can see just what games are being hosted at the time (and their types) so as to give less popular maps a chance to be played. This should also be the default view cause otherwise the top 10 popular maps are played to bordom and anything below, even newer versions of the popular maps are never played.

Level 12
There should be a filter, and you can choose to only display maps with say, "Goblin" in the gamename, or choose to filter out maps with "DotA" in the gamename.

Level 22
But I wanna see bots, laZORs, Nuclears, Double Lazors :(. That's how I imagined Dota in SC2, - futuristic. Making it all like war3, they might as well stay at war3. I dont think it will be as successful. Dota makes tournaments you win prizes, I doubt such thing will happen for this map dont worry.

Level 1
You've seen HoN haven't you? I don't really see a point in directly porting DotA over to SC2 since it already has been re-created on a similarly powerful engine (one which is tailored specifically to DotA-style gameplay).

Although I'm sure it will be done simply so someone can say "I did it!", I don't really see how anyone could improve DotA any more than HoN has without making significant changes to the game/map, in which case it would no longer be DotA. A lot of people even say HoN isn't DotA, despite the fact that they are roughly 90% the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.