• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Impale System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.
I'm here to request a DotA Impale System.
This system enables the unit that has been impaled can be impale again and again.
If using the hardcoded impale, unit can't be impale within the stun duration.
Can anyone make this system?
Please create the system in GUI, since I'm not good at JASS.
Desperately need this system.
+rep to who that make this system runs smoothly. :D
Thanks. :)

Level 5
if you want to impale a unit again and again you can reduce the stun duration of the regular impale so before it hits the ground you can impale it again, it saves memory and lag (because some problem is that when its in mid air it turns invulnerable)

Level 9
if you add invulnerability, you can't attack the stunned units... how do you suppose to attack the target unit after you impaled it.

Level 5
269715_254808397868440_100000178463106_1218827_5754562_n.jpg

Here it is... the screen shot isn't that good... but I'm telling the truth.

Level 9
I don't know why the title is "DotA Impale System"...

In dota if you impaled a unit ... you can impale it again...

like in my last DotA game... I picked Nerubian Assassin, then a team-mate, Lion.. Sometimes we impale at the same time...

Level 2
I don't know why the title is "DotA Impale System"...

In dota if you impaled a unit ... you can impale it again...

like in my last DotA game... I picked Nerubian Assassin, then a team-mate, Lion.. Sometimes we impale at the same time...

Thats what I mean. Zzzz. -____-~ . If not, I wouldn't say 'can be impale again and again'.

Level 9
don't double post :wink: read the rules...
---
DotA uses a normal impale... not edited... except for leviathan's ravage

Level 2
don't double post :wink: read the rules...
---
DotA uses a normal impale... not edited... except for leviathan's ravage

Accidentally. :p
DotA uses triggered impale, not just a normal hardcoded impale. Anything that are related to impale in DotA, it means it is triggered.
The stun and damage is done by dummy unit storm bolt, the height is triggered, as well as the impale special effects, (Burrowstrike, Impale (demon witch, NA, Ravage)) :)

Level 9
hmmm...

Forgot to mention that burrowstrike is a triggered spell too...

Storm bolt? i think it's from a hero in wc3 or a unit... i dont think it's triggered, why do you say so that it is triggered? did someone told you?

Level 2
hmmm...

Forgot to mention that burrowstrike is a triggered spell too...

Storm bolt? i think it's from a hero in wc3 or a unit... i dont think it's triggered, why do you say so that it is triggered? did someone told you?

Yup, storm bolt. Storm bolt is added to the dummy unit, and is ordered to cast it to picked unit.

It is triggered because hardcoded impale can't impale unit again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.