• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dota 2 mod/map making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm just tired of WC3 and all that involves...
WC3 is a legendary game, but it is already in the sunset of life

I inactive for more than six months, and I dont know whether the return to ice/wc3
atm im playing dota2 / streaming it on twitch.tv/awesomesk1ll

my opinion is as follows:
ice needed leap in the development and warcraft III cannot give what is needed in order
need something modern and capable of attracting new young players
and not just some sort of a map for the oldschool strategy game
its my opinion.

there is a map for Starcraft II (map named ice banneling escape or etc, you might know it, thats close to what is needed but SC2 is a paid game.. and there is no right way)

out hope that there remain only on WC4.. (paid game ?)

sry for autotranslater :)

Yeah I know Ice Banneling from youtube... it's good that they started something similar as ice escape even it's on a different level. :p

I know wc3 and also ice is not on it's top, but me personaly just dont have interests in dota 2 or other games. :/
That was main reason to create this group, to make it a bit more popular. But it sadly not succeeded. Most people who played in tournament were only old rabbits.^^
I think it's not only the lack of players which is a problem, but also the difficutly the beginners have to handle with. If you start it nowadays with us you are surrounded by mirror party everywhere and hard shizzle like this. And they hardly can enjoy it this way.

You would get any supprt by me or the clan could give, but only in range of wc3. :( ... maybe we also could think harder to make it more popular on hive, but if it's not in group we can't take much influence.
Once we have some interested parties and a concret idea we maybe might talk about a special event like this Funmap Evening with Ralle. But at the moment we don't have much to show, like a vicious circle..

And yeah, wc4 would be cool, but think it stays a dream. :s ... Greetings Sk1ll :csmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.