• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota(1) Facts, Funny, Background story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Post anything that has interesting background stories concerning some of the materials/objects used in DotA.

e.x

-Azwraith's skin is actually Kimarhri from Final Fantasy 10.

-Bone Fletcher's proper name "Clinkz Eastwood" is similarly based from the American actor "Clinton 'Clint' Eastwood".

Level 4
enigma, nessaj, ezalor, and wisp are repersenting 4 elemental forces: gravity, weak, electromagnetic, and strong nuclear. Traits of this can be found in their lines.
Zeus is based on greek god, as well as Luna and medusa.
Qop is based on mythological demon, as well as lot of others war3 characters...
Spectre is talking mortred lines backwards.
Venomancer is based on a starcraft creature.
Naix is in fact represantation of human's greed for food and other physical pleasures.
Balanar and dreadlords are based on mythological vampires.
Bloodseeker is in fact a representation of paranoia.
Treants and roof are from english mythology, just remember lotr.
Doom and pitlord are based on devil.
In fact I remember that once i read that only two heroes that aren't based on something are ursa and venge.

Level 22
I always thought that rikimaru was from the game tenchu, since in that game, you do special kills if you attack from the back, and dota rikimaru has a backstab skill.

Also, Lina Inverse is from the show Slayers, her VA also did Genkai's in YuYu Hakusho.

does that count?

Level 4
Eul sceptre of divinity got his name after the creator of DotA in war3, Guinsoo got name after the creator of DotA Allstars, but it was renamed because Guinsoo (Steve Feak) went on to make League of Legends and was done so by Icefrog (Abdul Ismail). He continued the work from Guinsoo. After some time he went and tried to sell dota to Blizzard and S2. Blizzard didn't liked him cause he applied for a job first, and then tried to sell rights or something to them, so they kicked him, after that he was employed in S2, probably started to make HoN but was kicked due to unknown reason (but word is that he's not most friendly person, and is trying to protect himself by constant lying, which as I see it is mostly sad, what I think he probably got disappointed in life, and because of that, or some other reason, doesn't trust people and is not able to make friends, thus the word is that he's always trying to use other people. If that is true it is possible that Guinsoo couldn't work with him on the map, so he left and managed to succed in making LoL, probably they had an argument or something, and thus Icefrog changed the name of Guinsoos scepter, but that is all just my opinion on what is most probably true, it is always possible that all this is wrong) so he was involved in making HoN, but after some time, and failed attempts he managed to "sell" DotA to Valve, infamous game company. After some time he got removed from his position in making dota to a lower one.

Spectre is talking mortred lines backwards.
--> And oh, the model for spectre (avatar of vengeance) was the model of when the character Maeiv, whose model is the one used by mortred, became so keen on vengeance

Venomancer is based on a starcraft creature.
--> The model was, a zerg hydralisk. And oh even in the world editor, that model was indeed called Hydralisk.

Zeus' model was the avatar form of the mountain king.

In fact I remember that once i read that only two heroes that aren't based on something are ursa and venge.

Though I doubt it, there's almost some inspiration for when you make something.

Status
Not open for further replies.