• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota 1 Beastmaster Wild Axes v1.0

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
WILD AXES - AS SEEN IN DOTA
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Enable "Tick the Automatically create unknown variables ..." located at File>Preference>General
2. Copy the Wild Axes (Projectile) dummy and Wild Axes ability in the object editor
3. Import GUI TreeKiller
4. Copy the Wild Axes folder in the trigger editor
5. Configure the Wild Axes Config trigger
SPELL DESCRIPTION :
Hurl two axes outward, which then intersect and return. Each axe can only damage a unit once.

Level 1 - Each axe deals 60 damage.

Level 2 - Each axe deals 100 damage.
Level 3 - Each axe deals 140 damage.
Level 4 - Each axe deals 180 damage.

Cooldown: 8 seconds
SPELL INFORMATION :
Based on emjlr3 version which was written in vJass. Porting this particular spell into GUI has been a nightmare thanks to the math, which I still have a hard time to fully grasp. Yes, I have this note to even have a semblance of understanding what is going on:

Because vJass version is confusing and took a long while to figure out, here is a list of variable + explanation:
u --> caster unit --> Caster
axe --> axe dummy unit --> Axe
p --> owner of caster unit --> Player
grp --> unit group for 1 hit rule --> Group
x --> position of caster unit --> CasterX
y --> position of caster unit --> CasterY
xl --> position of target point --> LocationX
yl --> position of target point --> LocationY
a --> progression to target point (in short, 0 at destination and 1 at caster point) --> A
outx --> output of parabolic for calculation --> OutputX
outy --> output of parabolic for calculation --> OutputY
ang --> angle of attack/alpha (refer to projectile physic math) --> Ang
lvl --> level of ability on cast (preserve on cast, so any level up won't change effect mid-way) --> Level
first --> is this first phase (throw) or second phase (return) [true --> false] --> FirstPhase

In a deeper restropect, a sort of missile system with angular control can be a long-term benefit here. However, it feels very overkill
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
Version 1.0: Released

CREDIT :
Ugabunda: Commission for GUI Version
emjlr3: Original vJass Version
Cohadar: Timer Ticker (part of vJass version)

YOU MUST CREDIT emjlr3, Ugabunda, AND Daffa IF YOU USE THIS CODE FOR YOUR MAP

(Writing this important note since if not for the commission + emjlr3 codes, this GUI version will NEVER exist and these two deserve as much if not bigger credit than I do for this spell)
Contents

Wild Axes (Map)

nice spell but why wouldn't you use Rexxar for unit showcase instead of Kael you criminal
I can arrange that. At the time I just want to get the spell over with and sort of skim the smaller details outside of the spell