• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doom Cerberus

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
This is a model of a Doom Guard riding on a three-headed wolf. I created this model today with Retera Model Studio version "m" experimental build so that I could try to ensure that the import functions were still working properly after some code changes, such as how I can import a Doom Guard to be riding on a wolf.

I tagged the model as Open Source. Feel free to edit it or expand on it or anything, and maybe give me credit for the model if you use it.
Contents

Doom Cerberus (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
There are some track optimization left that can be done to improve the submission. Please try to fix them. ^^
Level 10
What's fairly simple for anyone who invested some time into modeling can prove a multi-hour hassle or impossible at all for somebody else. Sometimes I think the site rules are too strict. I get what you are saying, but such model would be useful, despite its simplicity.

If you want a Cerberus from the traditional mythos, Core Hound doesn't help you.

What's fairly simple for anyone who invested some time into modeling can prove a multi-hour hassle or impossible at all for somebody else
Do you want the 3 heads in a fork like on this model, or all three trying to point roughly the same direction? In my opinion, this model looks digitally generated and not realistic when its heads moves left to right, perhaps because that part of the animation wasn't copied and rotated independently on the two side heads.

Level 5
Oh nice! I am trying to make Cerberus model for my map as well, but gonna make it pure wolf/dog without doom guards.

Level 10
Do you want the 3 heads in a fork like on this model, or all three trying to point roughly the same direction? In my opinion, this model looks digitally generated and not realistic when its heads moves left to right, perhaps because that part of the animation wasn't copied and rotated independently on the two side heads.
I agree. Still, I am convinced even in this form it would be a fine addition to Hive's collection. Naturally, the model would look better if the heads were facing a similar direction, though not necessarily one single point. But that would probably mean much more work on your part, right?

The bottom line is I would be super happy to see a Cerberus model around here - I am not officially requesting neither paying for a model, however. And therefore would not dare to impose any specifics.

Thanks for your time and effort, Retera! ❤️‍🔥

Level 10
you can find all kinds of Cerberus here

Level 11
you can find all kinds of Cerberus here
It's so odd to me how the first model in this thread looks like the cererbus Retera used for the Doom Cerberus