1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Doom 3 Mars City

Submitted by Death_bringer_2
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I DID NOT make the units and most of the triggers! Ham Ham created the kit, I just modified and added everything else (Terrain, some models, triggers, etc)

Based off of the very popular game, Doom 3 (PC and Xbox)

If you've played Doom 3, then you should know what it's about and what to do. It's not different. Stick together, cover eachother, watch your backs, and use your flashlight when you need to!!

There's a cheat in here, have fun trying to figure out what it is :)

This map IS protected.

Suggested players: 2 or more.

*NOTE*

Will be adding a lot of things on the next map to make it better. Yes, this one is crappy, but it's my first so that kinda explains it.

I'll be focusing on changing the weapons system, camera, and a few minor things that others have pointed out. This is technically a BETA, so now I can work on the problems to make the next map fun for everyone.

Keywords:
Doom 3, fun, scary, FPS, PC, Xbox.
Contents

Doom 3 Mars City (Map)

Reviews
02:33, 14th Jul 2008 Septimus: Good Point [+] The terrain seem to be nice [+] Good flashlight Neutral Point [!] Bad Point [-] The camera distance is too far, you should had adjust it. [-] Due to the camera condition, it is...
  1. 02:33, 14th Jul 2008
    Septimus:

Review

Good Point

[+] The terrain seem to be nice
    [+] Good flashlight

Neutral Point

[!]

Bad Point

[-] The camera distance is too far, you should had adjust it.
    [-] Due to the camera condition, it is kinda hard to right click item.
    [-] The map size seems to be huge with lot's of space unused.
    [-] Lack of detail/description/information of what a person should do. Even though this is a popular game, you should had create a quest log to let people know what should they do.
    [-] I do not like the reload system, it should fully reload the weapon once the player click reload skill.
    [-] There is a cheat, which is not a good thing to be add into a game.

Overall - 2/5
    Approve

2. ace992

ace992

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice looks fun
    dowloading now

3. MACREADY

MACREADY

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry but its just horrible, camera horrible, units horrible, and its need just remove dont play this map.

4. sjama

sjama

Resources:
    Resources:
    i really like this map! It was very cool! but how do you make the dark scenes? Cause THATS AWESOME! and the flashlight... wow... good job. 5/5

5. Death_bringer_2

Death_bringer_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :D next one will be better

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  6. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    love this map good job keep making more! -Army-of-Pandas

7. Dusanak

Dusanak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best map of all. This game have more maps or rounds or anything how this? And if yes where can I find them?

And please send on my email dusinkaa@seznam.cz new rounds of this map. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  8. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    -You can see the live of the dummy units chich casts the impĀ“s spell - maybe add locust ability

-So many weapons to choose , but where to find them ?! do they even exist?

-you can shoot with the punmgun through walls and kill enemys without getting hurt

-the grenade item plays the death animation when beeing picked up and explodes? o_O better remove it instead of killing

-imo too big filesize

-i dont really like the shooting system that you have to cast each single shot

all in all 2,5/5 , not really my favourite game but still quite cool

9. MACREADY

MACREADY

Resources:
    Resources:
    (Lol if YOU don't like it, keep your mouth shut.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  10. Death_bringer_2

Death_bringer_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll be making the entire game (Each level is a map, with maybe 3 levels in one map once in a while)

Next map (Administration) will have a lot of bugs fixed, will be a bit easier, and it'll be a smaller file size. Going to add more players, too. I'm also thinkin about adding the 4 difficulties from the actual game, to suit player numbers in game (Recruit would be for 1 person only, Nightmare for full)

*NOTE*

Original map (Alpha 1.9) was 11 MB large.

"-So many weapons to choose , but where to find them ?! do they even exist?"

There are weapons all over the map, just gatta look for 'em :D

11. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its a good game... but easy. And although its creepy, make it like doom and add some monsters which pop up, cinematics of marines being killed (I'm not sure what they call them in doom). Also, using pulse rifle I think it's called, doesn't attract any enemies :\. The main point is... the enemies are stupid, they need a greater aggro range (dunno if thats what people call it) and add a few more infected marines.

12. Oklino

Oklino

Resources:
    Resources:
    the camera systems works but i dont get why there sometimes are doors small as they are for dwarfs and some with the same model look like hangar gates...

the "you have to cast every shot"-systems really s*cks. i think your intention was to have a shooter feeling but there you dont have to click twice :) so just remove it and set a cooldown for each weapon.

like other users already said: the zombies arent that smart/dangerous. there are too many weapons at the beginning. in real DOOM3 you wont get a machine gun after the first 2 steps.

----------

on the other side:
    ++ good atmosphere
    ++ excellent textures
    + average map design (some rooms are just too large)
    + flashlight ( - for the missing flashlight attack :p )

13. M1n1sh4

M1n1sh4

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm a great fan of ID software and Blizzard :grin: Love Doom! Love this Map!! :thumbs_up: 5/5

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked it a lot, minus for having the assault rifle needing a target before it could shoot (Shotgun was awesome for this). GG

15. Maiaencore

Maiaencore

Resources:
    Resources:
    =[ i want to know how you did the flashlight.

can you tell me how you do it
    i love the system
    and the game.