• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodads to have no collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
To remove the collision set the doodad's "Actor: Footprint" to (none). However, this will let units walk through the doodad and not on top of it. To place several doodads on top of each other all you have to do is hold Shift while placing/moving the doodads. Then use Page up and Page down to change its height (or press enter while you have it selected and change the height value manually).

Level 22
I think it's not just the models but also using the Terrain Objects who do that. One way is to use any terrain object you like, set it transparent either the textures or if you can through the editor, then put the doodad or thing that is supposed to be walked on and it will look as if only the doodad makes it so.

I've used that since war3 lol, e.g there was this cool project Acathla where the creator made some Vespene Refinery, was all well made, I wanted to make units walk over only specific parts of the Refinery because setting it as Doodad to walk on in war3 didn't make the units walk over it everywhere. So there, where I wanted units to climb, I added invisible doodad columns or cubes and when they walked on them, they appeared on the top of the Refinery where previously they couldn't stay above - they were walking on the invisible doodad cubes but it looked like they were climbing the balcony of the Refinery.

Also doubleclick a doodad placed on the map and tick 'Ignore placement requirements' to make doodads go in one another, then page up and down to move them on top of each other.

Level 22
Another option without even using Terrain Objects and yes with ignoring placement req of the placed objects - once you enter the elevated doodads, with triggers the event 'Unit enters region' action: set its height to X (make the height that you set to be right on the doodad's surface), leaves the region, set its height back to normal. Change height works even for ground units afair.

Level 9
my 2 cents:

if it's a rare doodad then make it a unit with a buff which periodicly checks for units in range. if a unit is i range a buff will be added which changes the height. you can set the duration of the height change, so it won't look like teleport.

Status
Not open for further replies.