• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Traspency

Status
Not open for further replies.
(SOLVED) Doodad Traspency

Hello everyone!
Here i got a small question, because im not good at triggers and don't know anything of Jass/vJass, so i ask here :p
Is there any way i could make a destructible or a doodad transpent with triggers and/or reset it's transpency?

If you didn't understood (as i think you won't) here's an example:
A building has it's roof and door. The roof is NOT transpent. A player enters the building. The roof gets transpency of 50%. The player leaves the building, the roof resets again.
I'm quite sure it's possible (without modeling and animations), because i've seen it in a map before (a diablo map if im not wrong), so i want to make it in my map too :)
Hope you can help, a +rep is reward as follows :D
Thanks!

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
you can make a unit with the roof model and set the flying height so it suits then use this trigger action
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
or just use the
  • Destructible - Hide (Last created destructible)
Thats the only way in gui i think

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Make a model with an alternate animation that has 50% transparency. Then use destructable animation controls to hide it. You can do this for a specific player only by using GetLocalPlayer().

There's no other way to do it, except using units for rooftops, which, however, will lead to other problems (like them turning invisible in fog of war).

Level 7
There's no other way to do it, except using units for rooftops, which, however, will lead to other problems (like them turning invisible in fog of war).

That won't be a problem if he uses a building unit, building units are visible in fog of war, he will just need to make sure to have the player already "seen" it if you get what i mean.

Also remember to use locust ability to make it unselectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.