• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Doodad with teamcolour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey i wondered about it
I want to put some buildings as doodads but i dont like (if u use one with teamcolour like a human barack) the black roofs etc

is it possible to change that colour for doodads, like u see it with the passive tavern (it has a red instead of a black roof)

maybe i am just blind to find that command in the object editor :D

Level 12
I believe there is no way to change this.
The tavern is not a doodad, but a Neutral Passive unit.
Doodads are not supposed to have teamcolor because they arn't actualy supposed tobe buildings (unless their in structure which also has a custom color). For example, theres no need to change the team color of a barrel, or most of the things in the doodad section.

So the answer is: You cannot.
You could give it to a neutral player, however.

Level 5
I suggest making custom units with buildings as model files, change their color to whatever you want it to be and place them as Neutral Passive, like Stygian_Shadow said, but you could then also add the ability "Locust" to them so that no player can select them, just like a doodad. That way they will pretty much act as doodads but still be units.

Status
Not open for further replies.