• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Attachment Point + Size and Tint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm pretty new to map making, but I think I got some basic triggers down.

Anyway, here's my problem:
I have this building. It uses a doodad model (fire grate 2) and has tint and scaling.
Here's my problem:
I want it to have an attachment (also doodad model) with another tint, scaling and unselectable (of course).
Also, it has to dissappear when the building is upgraded or destroyed. I'm aware that some doodads have a slight delay when "dying", can this be fixed? It's not a big problem.

The point here is that I cannot find attachment points for doodads, and if using a dummy unit, it will have the portrait + scaling of that unit.

Anyway, so far I have fixed half of the problem by using a terrible trigger that spawn a dummy unit with Locust ability on top of the building when it spawns.

However, the only way to remove it again I could think of was to use Kill unit in range of unit type, and it did not work.

So if it can be done, how? Hopefully it's not too tricky.

Level 19
Knowladge opens the door to the power which will destroy yourself

Buildings have attahments doodas dont AFAIK

Level 2
Okay so I got that straight. Kinda expected it, since I couldn't find any on the list.

So, how could it be done with triggers?

And while I'm at it, is there a way to tint projectiles?

Level 19
I was looking for a reason to say this "Knowladge opens the door to the power which will destroy yourself"

Otherwise it would be just spam (all know its spam but cant prove ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.