• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Don't you just miss them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
- The old school games?

These days games like Resident Evil became more an African zombie shooter that is wrapped in quick time events.

I wonder what just happened to the good old H-S games, like Penumbra and others?

No quicktime events, no excessive shootouts (although getting a weapon at the end is acceptable), no Rambo'ing. Just you, your backpack with important items, lack of lights (or not) and a big fat monster chasing you now and then.

Side topic: Don't you just miss them, the good old Stealth games? Metal Gear is more a shooter than a necksnapper and don't get me started about Splinter Cell.

Last edited:
Level 12
Yup, everything's gone all wrong, other genres too. NFS has turned into Gran Turismo, and Prince of Persia 4 was really bad (well, not too bad, but not the massacre POP 2 was). FPS most of all have become mass shooters, and I've grown sick of them, really.

Level 34
No, not really. I like my graphics and physics, and generally gameplay has only gotten better. Theres a reason my PS2 doesn't get much attention, while my 360 gets a lot.

However I've been playing some SNES on the computer, which has been fun.

Level 34
Ah man, i miss the classic side scroller and platforming games from back in the day... Good thing there are emulators!
You don't for long though. I can't usually handle more than 20 min of old games. I suppose there a beauty to that though.

Level 15
To be honest, I never really played too many old-school games. The N64 was out when I was a kid, and computers started getting 3D graphics and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.