• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Don't know how to use model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I'm new here and I've just started my adventure with World Editor. Ok, here's my problem: I played with editor for few hours, because I wanted to check how difficult it is. Well, editing terrain, adding units, creating new, etc. - that's simple. Then I decided to download some skins and models. I fought with skin for two hours and finally - it works. But still I don't know how to use new model. I downloaded this: model. And I don't know completely what I should do with it! Well, I tried guide which is above download link, but still it's crappy and didn't help. And strange thing is, that in my editor I couldn't find portrait graphic!
Info? I'm using polish version of Warcraft: TFT, v.1.21. And I'm sorry for my bad language, but I hope you'll understand what I wrote :wink:

Level 14
Ok, Imported the model to see if there were any problems :)

Here's what you have to do:

1.) Import the components (Orcarmor.blp, orcarmor.mdx, orcarmor_portrait.mdx, hair.blp, and Ribbonblur1.blp).
2.) Once you've imported the files, double-click on the orcarmor.blp and remove the wc3imported from the path.
3.) Do that for Hair.blp and Ribbonblur1.blp as well.
4.) You do not have to do that for the orcarmor.mdx or the orcarmor_portrait.mdx.
5.) Save the map. Close the world editor. Open the world editor and reopen your map.
6.) Choose whatever unit you want to put the model on. Go to Art-Model File double-click and click the circle that says import and use the drag-down list to select wc3imported\orcarmor.mdx.
7.) Save your map.

That should be it :)

Also, you do not have to do anything with orcarmor_portrait.mdx because the game uses it automatically without you having to put it anywhere.

Attached is a map in which I imported the model. It's so that you can see how I imported them, just in case you did not understand my directions :)

Attachments

• aegaegaeg.w3m
    219.2 KB · Views: 45
Level 1
Hm, hm, hm... Strange, now all works perfectly. I think that now I can use all models that I find :wink: Anyway, thank you very much for help. I want to create small campaign and without new models and skins it can't be done.
Thanks again, man :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.