1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Domesticate your animal!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Razosh, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lets face it, humans are not even resembling cute, you know what is cute however, our fellow members of the animal kingdom. I mean lets face it we've already domesticated the most adorable animal on planet Earth:

Cuteness overload!
    [​IMG]

But if you had the power to make any animal into a perfectly domesticated pet and you'd get to house one, which one would you choose?

And if someone says, due to its size it would kill you, you can simply respond, a horse weight at the very least half a metric ton, had they the desire to I wouldn't live for two second yet they don't. There are no limits here by size, you want a domesticated blue whale, sure, you could have it live in an ocean near you and go out and swim with you, sure. You want a domesticated sparrow, go ahead, size does not matter!

Here are my top 5:

1. Arctic fox:

Arctic Fox
    [​IMG]

This little critter is almost violently adorable and also the only animal on my list native to my homeland of Sweden. It's quite easily the winner of my list as the size, appearance and energy just fits me perfectly, while the other animals mostly would have a problem to keep up with me or as in the case of number four, I'd have issues keeping up with it. This tiny animal seems as though it's taken from a fairy tale and fits me like a glove.

2. Platypus:

Platypus
    [​IMG]

This beauty is a look at what our ancestors looked like, the platypus, while still a mammal is like a weird mix between a mammal and a reptiles, they produce breast milk and lay eggs at the same time, something that puzzled humans greatly when it was first discovered. The platypus show us what our ancestors looked like and is a reminder of our family ties to birds, reptiles and the dinosaurs.

3. Red panda:

Red Panda
    [​IMG]

Probably a really obvious one, the red panda is not actually a panda but a relative of the racoon, they're rather small but totally adorable and they always go to the bathroom in the same spot so cleaning up after them is really easy.

4. Snow Leopard:

Snow Leopard
    [​IMG]

Surprised the snow leopard didn't rank higher, yeah I am too, but in the end I thought that they would be most similar to the domesticated cat and well, if you think picking up dead mice and rats is an issue, just wait until one of these drag in a moose...

5. Atheris hispida:

Atheris hispida
    [​IMG]

The only animal not a mammal on my list, and look at it, it's so adorable I can kiss it. But if you plan to have one as a pet accidents can always happen and if this bad-boy bites you, prepare to have some anti-venom or your inner organs are going to start bleeding out, causing you to die.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ironically a lot of animals could be domesticated which currently are not.

3. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you want to go through the trouble of domesticating a snow leopard, by all mean, go right ahead. ;)

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was not making reference to your list in particular, but animals in general. A lot of cat-dog sized animals can be domesticated, or at least made into household pets, in some way.

For example, some of the bigger monitor lizards can be house trained, respond to commands, identify different people etc. Some people swear that they make good pets.

5. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what animal(s) would you pick?

6. Bumhunter

Bumhunter

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The red panda because we have so much in common.
    It goes to the bathroom in the same spot, just as I do.

@Dr Super Good

It would be quite rad to have this magnificent reptile as a pet.