• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Domesticate your animal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Lets face it, humans are not even resembling cute, you know what is cute however, our fellow members of the animal kingdom. I mean lets face it we've already domesticated the most adorable animal on planet Earth:

mother-cat-and-kitten-151111.jpg

But if you had the power to make any animal into a perfectly domesticated pet and you'd get to house one, which one would you choose?

And if someone says, due to its size it would kill you, you can simply respond, a horse weight at the very least half a metric ton, had they the desire to I wouldn't live for two second yet they don't. There are no limits here by size, you want a domesticated blue whale, sure, you could have it live in an ocean near you and go out and swim with you, sure. You want a domesticated sparrow, go ahead, size does not matter!

Here are my top 5:

1. Arctic fox:

tl-arcticfox.gif

This little critter is almost violently adorable and also the only animal on my list native to my homeland of Sweden. It's quite easily the winner of my list as the size, appearance and energy just fits me perfectly, while the other animals mostly would have a problem to keep up with me or as in the case of number four, I'd have issues keeping up with it. This tiny animal seems as though it's taken from a fairy tale and fits me like a glove.

2. Platypus:

1413727023_99P8kd6.jpg

This beauty is a look at what our ancestors looked like, the platypus, while still a mammal is like a weird mix between a mammal and a reptiles, they produce breast milk and lay eggs at the same time, something that puzzled humans greatly when it was first discovered. The platypus show us what our ancestors looked like and is a reminder of our family ties to birds, reptiles and the dinosaurs.

3. Red panda:

6753395_orig.jpg

Probably a really obvious one, the red panda is not actually a panda but a relative of the racoon, they're rather small but totally adorable and they always go to the bathroom in the same spot so cleaning up after them is really easy.

4. Snow Leopard:

potd-snow-leopard_3407561b.jpg

Surprised the snow leopard didn't rank higher, yeah I am too, but in the end I thought that they would be most similar to the domesticated cat and well, if you think picking up dead mice and rats is an issue, just wait until one of these drag in a moose...

5. Atheris hispida:

v9CPVGU.jpg

The only animal not a mammal on my list, and look at it, it's so adorable I can kiss it. But if you plan to have one as a pet accidents can always happen and if this bad-boy bites you, prepare to have some anti-venom or your inner organs are going to start bleeding out, causing you to die.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you want to go through the trouble of domesticating a snow leopard, by all mean, go right ahead.
I was not making reference to your list in particular, but animals in general. A lot of cat-dog sized animals can be domesticated, or at least made into household pets, in some way.

For example, some of the bigger monitor lizards can be house trained, respond to commands, identify different people etc. Some people swear that they make good pets.

Level 24
I was not making reference to your list in particular, but animals in general. A lot of cat-dog sized animals can be domesticated, or at least made into household pets, in some way.

For example, some of the bigger monitor lizards can be house trained, respond to commands, identify different people etc. Some people swear that they make good pets.

So what animal(s) would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.