• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dog god (dog zodiac) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Private model WIP

done and need fix model:
i make this model, and have a good feed back about it, now i'm improved it, a little, here it is:View attachment 1
E: second change made, i follow peper's suggestion (not about the head...)
here it is:View attachment 2
E2: new look, added particle here and there, also add angel glow, and a ribbon emmitersView attachment 3
Working on the wrap of the portrait now
E3: portrait done

Working on model:
this model is base off illidan evil, i making all the parts by my self (tried..), and i see they are good as the cinematic one, i'll post here asap the model done[/qoute]

Attachments

• Preview 2.jpg
    Preview 2.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Some changes.jpg
    Some changes.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 133
  • new Look.jpg
    new Look.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 17
@peper:Dog, and wolf in wc3, isn't good, and they looks like normal 'wolf', i hate them, also, i found up the gnoll, the one that looks like a dog, but with no appropiate fang, and ears, so, i decided to use shaman's, about the lower mouth, i will change it
@ampharos: thanks!

Level 16
can you describe it more?
Well, the model was mostly a mishmash of other models/geomerging, and Frank (or any model mod, for that matter) does not take kindly to simple geomerges.

Though you can just see his moderator comment or, you know, ask him personally why did the model got rejected.

Level 22
Well, the model was mostly a mishmash of other models/geomerging, and Frank (or any model mod, for that matter) does not take kindly to simple geomerges.

Though you can just see his moderator comment or, you know, ask him personally why did the model got rejected.

Yeah, he's quite kind.
Ok, lemme do a harsh review. The parts lack original part, you could just remove those geomerge then start scratch modeling (this is complicated, so let's skip)
Second, there is no 'dog' at all. It is just a rexxar with armor and bunch o' weapon. You could try to find something more god and dog styled.
Well, maybe that's all. Let's revamp the model first by 'placing unique parts on unique place' by example, if you geomerge a claw, ordinary people attach them in the hand. But creative people (ampharos is one of them :D) can make them looked like bracers, armor, ribcage
Be creative :)

Level 17
Actually, it's a grunt..
Okay, so what i made here got rejected since my model lacks of original parts, & creativity
Okay, i remap all the geomerge into something special, need some time (2-3 weeks) to re mesh all the geosets
And about the concept, i make a humanoid god, in other word, a dog combined with a human body
In the time of geo merge all suggestion are WELCOME, since i'm not too creative person with something that requires minuteness...
But i'll try
Oh, and about the model, don't search it, i have deleted it

Level 16
As you have said, Wc3's dog-heads are ugly. Horri-molesting-bly ugly. So create a new one from scratch.

You might actually want Chaos Orc Wolverine (a hidden, unused in-game model. I forgot the path. Just search or ask around) for the base model, having the default attack animation of slashing away (similar to grunts, but less clunky for, y'know, claws).

Level 4
i make this model, and have a good feed back about it, now i'm improved it, a little, here it is:View attachment 1
E: second change made, i follow peper's suggestion (not about the head...)
here it is:View attachment 2
E2: new look, added particle here and there, also add angel glow, and a ribbon emmitersView attachment 3
Working on the wrap of the portrait now

i really liked your first model, without all this extra modifications from the users.

what u could have worked on your old model, was only perhaps changing the head, and adding colors to its right places, not to make it look like rainbow.

Level 4
@taff: yea, i also like him in his original form, but, seems only two of us that think that dog zodiac is good in that shape...

In my opinion its just mistake to post the models and asking for opinion of the users, every user have its different views on that model, and the model maker cant get all those opinions and put them on the model, then he'll get something so horrible..

but he will skip that thought only because most of the users like it with the modifications.

From me, to the model maker:
Do whatever you want with your model, and your model is completed when you say it is, forget what the users say, because they arnt actually the ones with that idea.

You were working to hard to this, to be ruined from bunch of members who think different then you, remember then now after you added your model for opinion, its not your model anymore, its a hybrid of 20 users.

Level 16
In my opinion its just mistake to post the models and asking for opinion of the users, every user have its different views on that model, and the model maker cant get all those opinions and put them on the model, then he'll get something so horrible..

but he will skip that thought only because most of the users like it with the modifications.

From me, to the model maker:
Do whatever you want with your model, and your model is completed when you say it is, forget what the users say, because they arnt actually the ones with that idea.

You were working to hard to this, to be ruined from bunch of members who think different then you, remember then now after you added your model for opinion, its not your model anymore, its a hybrid of 20 users.
Um, well, there's a reason why they are called suggestions. They aren't meant to be taken entirely without any consideration from the modeller itself.

Here, have a wiktionary entry
Wiktionary on "suggest" said:
(transitive) To ask for without demanding.
I’d like to suggest that we go out to lunch.

(transitive) To recommend.
The guidebook suggests that we visit the local cathedral, which is apparently beautiful.

Hmm..
But not too bad hearing what people says about our model, i think the feedback from user will improve our modeling skill, not ruining the model it self, altough i think he is too fat in that shape, and i will change him soon
As I said before, you might want to use Chaos Orc Wolverine as base model, since they have slender, muscular body comparable to grunt's, except less clunky for claws.

Also, I think the original model was a bit cluttered and messy, which probably adds another point for it to be rejected.

On another note, have you asked Frank why did the model get rejected?

Level 17
At first, i used the chaos orc range as base model, then i see grunt, which has more muscular thingy than chaos orc range (wolferine), and it has more detail compared to chaos orc range, so i use him, altough he didn't has the claw animation..
Btw, i'm working on the new body armor now, changing the claw to Make new body armor, then about the shoulder pads, i think i will make a shiled like for that (remember, terran marine with shield on sc2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.