• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does this sound fun???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Starcraft AoS Style Game

I'm making a star craft AoS and i was wondering if it sounded fun??
PLZ COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK!
Screen Shots

battle_terran.jpg
Terran vs the Protoss
battle_zerg.jpg
Zerg vs the Protoss
terran.jpg
terran heroes
WC3ScrnShot_060208_173409_01.jpg
zerg heroes
pass.jpg
Terran mountain pass
protoss.jpg
a Protoss base
zerg pass.jpg
a passage way into the Zerg base
(will put more screen shots in soon)

I'm thinking about putting in a unique starting. The teams only start out with there main bases. You have to take the rest from the protoss (protoss do not spawn). Also putting in rain and snow. There will be events. EXAMPLE:If you get close to the enemy base a captain (cp controlled) and his squad(s) will spawn and reek havoc on the enemy. Note this will only happen once per base side. Another event might be were the Terran cruisers over head of the planet might do an orbital bombardment on key enemy positions. For the zerg it might be that the hive produces explosive units. Another unique thing about the map is that when every player on the team goes up to lvl 10, 15 and 20 the spawns will get harder. This should keep things balanced, so that no one team is lvl 20 and killing every one in the game!! Tell me if you think this is a good idea. Note: All units can attack air. It just won't be fair other wise.

took out custom sounds (took up to much space, made it like 5mb).

The test version might be out in 2-3 weeks!
Any 1 have any thing 2 say???

Last edited:
Level 14
I think that if you pulled it off right then it would be fun.
But if it goes the way as 80% of the maps uploaded here then it won't be worth looking at.

So, do it right, because it does have potential!

Level 14
well if you did everything right and exact to the tutorial, then it should work, because it works for me.

Level 14
I'd help, but I'm not on my own computer (for awhile now), so I don't have wc3 or WE.. sorry

Level 6
i meant the computer thing, didn't mean any thing, but k u can do spells. (i'll give you what i have in map so far tomorrow) (i don't have much done. i just have the heroes and buildings (stats aren't done)

Level 14
np i won't be done for a while. any idea when you'll get ur computer back??? (talkin to Arvedui)

I have no idea.. whenever i get a job.. my parents refuse to put it back up until then :thumbs_down:

but if you need help with ideas or anything like gui or need to find anything on the site that you can't, just PM me and i'll respond as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.