• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Dodge visual animation

Level 21
Hello, how to make visual, when unit attacks and misses and strafes unit to right or to left side and then return back, like i did with my model but its Stand Ready animation... Maybe help with damage engine or if it doesnt need it pls help?
I had idea changing effect for evasion to Blademaster illusion caster effect, looked good but i want to expand it.
Here is my gif:
Model by @Zwiebelchen edited by me
amiri9.gif
amiri8.gif

Last edited:
Level 14
This might need triggering. You need to check for a placeholder ability being on the target and then set the damage to 0 and play the animation of the model with triggers.
  • Evasion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit About to take damage
    • Conditions
      • (Damage From Normal Attack) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to 0.00
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s Evasion animation
Of course you need to make it a chance so its not 100%.

Last edited:
Level 21
This might need triggering. You need to check for a placeholder ability being on the target and then set the damage to 0 and play the animation of the model with triggers.
  • Evasion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit About to take damage
    • Conditions
      • (Damage From Normal Attack) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to 0.00
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s Evasion animation
Of course you need to make it a chance so its not 100%.
this will work on 1.29? Cos i cant find event in my editor