• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys it's me again. Can i request for a 3 leveled aura spell which the aura is about evasion which an enemy misses it's attacks to the unit who have this aura. To put it simply: Evasion Aura - friendly units affected by this aura has a chance to make enemies miss thier attacks to the unit affected by the aura.

Level 5
  • Token aura ability on your main unit which is supposed to have it with no effect at all. So any aura with values set to 0.
  • Evasion ability with 3 levels.
  • Trigger that adds the passive evasion ability, and hides it, to every unit under the effect of the aura.
  • Have a group that contains every unit under the aura's effect.
  • Periodic trigger checks units in the group, and removes the passive evasion ability, then removes them from the group if they don't have the aura buff on them anymore.
Also, I see you switched to literally requesting things now instead of just asking specific questions.

Level 9
  • Token aura ability on your main unit which is supposed to have it with no effect at all. So any aura with values set to 0.
  • Trigger that adds the passive evasion ability, and hides it, to every unit under the effect of the aura.
  • Periodic trigger checks units in the group, and removes the passive evasion ability, then removes them from the group if they don't have the aura buff on them anymore.
Also, I see you switched to literally requesting things now instead of just asking specific questions.
Yeah i'm quite sorry about my way of asking people to get what i want sometimes i can be a little arrogant, but i will make sure to change my way of asking things if it bothers you guys. By the way can you show me how to actually trigger it? I'm not really that experienced enough to make the trigger by myself.

Subsequent requests should be posted in this forum:
Requests

To add on this, the periodic trigger should also check the highest level of the aura ability each allied unit is subjected in. This adds some complications to the trigger, which should ensure that the behavior is somewhat similar to that of regular auras.

Level 9
Subsequent requests should be posted in this forum:
Requests

To add on this, the periodic trigger should also check the highest level of the aura ability each allied unit is subjected in. This adds some complications to the trigger, which should ensure that the behavior is somewhat similar to that of regular auras.
Can anyone atleast paste the trigger in here? Just in case my trigger goes wrong.

Level 12
This would actually be super easy to make with a DDS.

• Evasion Aura
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (DamageEventTarget has buff Evasion Aura (test)) Equal to True
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 25
    • Actions
      • -------- If you want to nullify all damage --------
      • Set VariableSet DamageEventAmount = 0.00
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Miss above DamageEventTarget with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.20 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • -------- if you want to mimic evasion --------
      • Set VariableSet DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount x 0.50)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Miss above DamageEventTarget with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.20 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

1) Create any aura, remove all data fields which give stats.
2) Set desired AoE and targets allowed
3) Create new buff called Evasion Aura == add this to the ability buff field

This is pretty much it, except this is a quick version, so the change to dodge will always be 25% and it will also dodge spells, but it is easily modified to act as Evasion by adding desired damage types.

Level 12
DDS is overkill for something like this, it's trivial to make it without.

Might be, but if he already has DDS in his map, I see no issue here :).

EDIT: Also by doing it like this, you don't need the check for the aura levels, since you use an aura from the game, so it will overwrite the smallest level by default.

Level 9
This would actually be super easy to make with a DDS.

• Evasion Aura
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (DamageEventTarget has buff Evasion Aura (test)) Equal to True
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 25
    • Actions
      • -------- If you want to nullify all damage --------
      • Set VariableSet DamageEventAmount = 0.00
      • -------- if you want to mimic evasion --------
      • Set VariableSet DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount x 0.50)

1) Create any aura, remove all data fields which give stats.
2) Set desired AoE and targets allowed
3) Create new buff called Evasion Aura == add this to the ability buff field

This is pretty much it, except this is a quick version, so the change to dodge will always be 25% and it will also dodge spells, but it is easily modified to act as Evasion by adding desired damage types.
A quick question, is this trigger tiered? Like if i level up my custom aura the evasion miss chance would increase. Because it look like it isn't.

Level 9
As stated above, this trigger does not include the levels :) I made this as a quick draft.
Well... Is there a way to trigger this to become a tiered ability? Because as all of you already know that i'm giving this ability to a hero so this ability should be a tiered ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.