• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Do You like Doctor Who?

Do you like Doctor Who?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
It's okay... It's more of a like, than dislike. Though I find low budget series extremely boring to watch, because I'm a spoiled brat who wants to see district 9 quality in all productions. So if there is something else to watch, I might switch.

I lol'd.
But really, who is doctor who? Sounds like an old series to me :)

It is an old series. It originally ran from 1963 to 1984, when it ended.
There was an attempt to revive it in 1996, which failed, and then in 2005, it was relaunched again, with this new series being quite successful.

From Wikipedia:
"The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious and eccentric humanoid alien known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his spacecraft, the TARDIS, which normally appears from the exterior to be a blue 1950s British police box. With his companions, he explores time and space, faces a variety of foes and rights wrongs."

Level 10
Doctor Who FTFW! Doctor Who is the best show on earth (in my opinion)! In
every episode of the show you wonder how he's possibly going to escape the
situation, and it seems that there is no way, but then he does! The Doctor >
Chuck Norris, and I'm happy to say it! The Doctor has beaten over 100 entire
great powerful species within the series, and he has even beaten multiple at
once. Almost every episode leaves a great cliffhanger and if not, you still
wonder what will happen next. And yeah David Tennant was great! But I like
the new Matt Smith, he's really cool, and with the Pandorica, what will happen
next? I can't think of it! (I'm downloading the episode right now, I'll see :O)
Edit: Oh that was amazing! Definitely the best finale of any show, ever!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I prefered the old Dr Who.

The new one is rather poor story writing and shallow.

I used to watch the old Dr Who series (pre 2000) every week. The new one I watched twice and gave up cause it lacked the story quality of the old ones. Its all special effects now.

An example is his tardis main room. Before it used to be a clinical plastic area which was rather small and cozy with a closet of immense size where they would rest. Now its some massive room with pipes everywhere meant to look impressive. It lacks the Dr. Who style we all grew to love.

They have been through 3 or was it 4 doctors already.... On top of that he already used up most of his lives with the previous series.

Level 9
What do you mean by "gone through" and I thought it ended with him killing a Time Lord and setting the world free and etc. The only sci-fi show I watch now is Merlin.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What do you mean by "gone through" and I thought it ended with him killing a Time Lord and setting the world free and etc.
Dr. Who did end with something like that orignally when the series was cancled back pre 2000 but now it has been resumed and is an ongoing series in production at a much lower quality.

The only sci-fi show I watch now is Merlin.
If you are refering to the 2008 - present series, that is not sci-fi but fantasy drama and I personally find it quite a good series. If you are refering to the older "Merlin" movie and series, I can not comment as I never have seen it or particually want to.

Level 26
Dr. Who did end with something like that orignally when the series was cancled back pre 2000 but now it has been resumed and is an ongoing series in production at a much lower quality.

for the record, that was not stated as an opinion....

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. The new episodes are not lower quality. It's different, certainly... but it is in no way worse than the original.... just different. Each series had it's own charm and humor and pros and cons etc.

Level 26
So different, that it lacks anything to make me watch it over other series eg Merlin.

That comment, is as you said, a matter of opinion

Also quality is pretty opinion based as there is no real fixed measurement of quality. Some people call rubbish boot high quality and vica versa.

And thus proving my point

TLW

TLW

Level 2
I don't like it, but it's better than alot of crap on TV nowadays..

*cough*

(E4,ITV,phone-in-and-vote-shows,SOAPS, "nobodys got talent")

and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.