• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you have WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just browsing a bit here and some one said he didn't have WoW but liked lurking here. Then I started wondering, how many of you who post here really have WoW?

I don't :p
From what I've heard from every one it seems like a very cool game
but I think the whole concept of of MMO's is wrong, this is why...
you have to keep paying money to keep playing (exept for a few exeptions like Guildwars for example)
it's highly addicting
it eats time
not a very good combination

Level 22
I do. But I don't know If I will be continueing it after my subscription expires. I'm lvl 60 and there's nothing left to do. (my guild doesnt have enouph high levels to go to any major instances...going with pick-up groups is pointless because everyone steals the good loot, and battlegrounds is pointless because I'm a Paladin and that is the absolute worst/useless PvP class). I don't feel like starting over with another character at lvl 1, so there's really noting left to do untill the expansion comes out.
-VGsatomi

Level 11
Go join a big elite end game raping guild. Or join a smaller guild that's aiming to do end game and can actually accomplish it. Or start your own. :O

Level 12
VGsatomi said:
I do. But I don't know If I will be continueing it after my subscription expires. I'm lvl 60 and there's nothing left to do. (my guild doesnt have enouph high levels to go to any major instances...going with pick-up groups is pointless because everyone steals the good loot, and battlegrounds is pointless because I'm a Paladin and that is the absolute worst/useless PvP class). I don't feel like starting over with another character at lvl 1, so there's really noting left to do untill the expansion comes out.
-VGsatomi

Get on Gurubashi (no, don't start complaining about a PvP server.) Maybe it would be nice to play with a friend rather than care about fat loot.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
It kind of seems like WoW ruins the whole concept to a game. What is the purpose of a game? I would say it is to have fun and relax. But on the contrary, it seems I would undergo some stress in needing to play it because I would have a $15 per month subscription.

Guild Wars did bring its success to me with just a retail price. Although its longevity wasn't near WoW's, it was still worth buying.

The pay per month policy subjects one to dedicating more time to it. This takes from necessities such as schooling and exercising. I could pay for it with my own money, but knowing the results ahead of time I say it's best to stay away from it.

Level 12
Ki said:
It kind of seems like WoW ruins the whole concept to a game. What is the purpose of a game? I would say it is to have fun and relax. But on the contrary, it seems I would undergo some stress in needing to play it because I would have a $15 per month subscription.

Guild Wars did bring its success to me with just a retail price. Although its longevity wasn't near WoW's, it was still worth buying.

The pay per month policy subjects one to dedicating more time to it. This takes from necessities such as schooling and exercising. I could pay for it with my own money, but knowing the results ahead of time I say it's best to stay away from it.

Oh? This is something unheard of.

So you prefer to never pay your MMO? Maybe you aren't so certain where the money goes to. Otherwise, I might as well say get a job and make your money damnit.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Oh? This is something unheard of.

So you prefer to never pay your MMO? Maybe you aren't so certain where the money goes to. Otherwise, I might as well say get a job and make your money damnit.

I know they have a certain percentage of money that goes to their employees who keep it updated, but if Guild Wars can maintain those updates without a pay per month what's stopping WoW? And really look at the statistics- WoW is near reaching 7 million users. Each user pays $15 a month. Let's do 6 million multiplied by 15; it comes out to about $90 million a month Blizzard is making. Even after all of the employee payments and server costs, they are filthy rich, but I guess that's them to swim in. I mean they were the best at finding out how to addict the average person.

You know, I wouldn't even mind an pretty high retail price around $100. At least I wouldn't feel like I was compelled to play it.

Level 12
Ki said:
That's how much basically all games are over here

I was not aware of the vast differences in prices. I thought that games in the USA were expensive at $50. Just goes to show how much of a savings freak I am.

You indeed are.

And about Guild Wars.

The only thing I ever see is World Team PvP contests. I don't see how Guild Wars ever updates PvE content other than the new expansion around the corner.

Level 9
I have WoW, and pay for it monthly, out of my own pocket. I have Guild Wars, and play it for free.

They are REMOTELY the same, them being MMORPGs, however, GW is a much darker, moodier game, while WoW is like a Disney Film, with booze and violence.

GW has pretty good graphics, and rarely lags (for me anyway). WoW, on the other hand, has better graphics, but lags often.

GW has multiple servers, and you can change them inside towns at anytime, as long it is not full. WoW, has multiple servers, but they are laggy, and are unchangeable.

Its a lose/lose situation basicly.

Level 2
i was probably the one you saw who said they dont have WoW cause i dont. i play it every once in a while at my friends place but yay 15 bucks a monthis a bit expensive. look at lets say X-box live its 50 a year (or something like that) and you can play any online x-box game with it. ok say 50 aa year divide by 12 months is about 4 bucks a month wich is more reason able than 15. however

:lol: (i bet blizzard is slowly useing the excess WoW money to buy out oil companies and become the richest company on earth) :lol:

Level 1
I got WoW but I don't know how long will go on paying for it...

The first 3-4 months the game is really really great but it becomes more and more boring. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.