1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Do these deserve to be testers?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by MGCǂSpectre, Feb 21, 2010.

1. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, wc3c is, then comes after that wc3sear.ch.

2. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was a sad day when wc3sear.ch died =(

And.... I really want a beta key, but I can wait until the game actually comes out.

If a handful of ungrateful idiots end up being included in the ranks of players that got beta keys, what are you going to do? Life's not fair......

3. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    they never said life would be fair.. :), alot of people who got keys, probably havnt posted. anyone that atleast plays, is doing there share (by playing and figuring out overpowered strategys and then abusing the crap outa em, gets blizzard to fix things :), when other players complaign.

Although the people who just take the key and do nothing with it (not even try the game), those are the people who shouldnt get it XD.

Im one of the lucky ones :)

4. Elsheen

Elsheen

Resources:
    Resources:
    I`m guessing that people who are prioritized are the ones that pay to play, seriously though, Blizzard should have been a bit more selective on the one`s that recieved keys, the guys in WoW are just not suited for testing, they`re more immersed in kicking the crap out of the same old dungeons over and over and not actually paying attention to the keys they got. Too bad we cant go to customer complaints and convince Blizzard that we`re infinitely better for testing than MOST of the guys in WoW.

5. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not complaining, or crying but here is the OPT IN definition:

- Blizzard's so called random optin, isn't random since they base it on factors they dont tell us, not just PC specs. Still, it was good in the beginning.
    - They started sending 2nd/3rd keys to the same people who already got one and that is before Friend invite. Wtf is that?
    - they let people register more than 1 Bnet account resulting in some getting 2-3-4 keys and selling them on ebay
    - The most stupid thing ever - Friend Invites. Some made thousands cause they got even more keys after selling their first ones, the rest start making some ridiculous contests about their 2nd or 4th key cause if a person gets 3 keys from 3 accounts then doubles it in Friend Invite = 6 keys.
    - Either making silly contests or some total ASSES start teasing everyone with saying how they got more and more and more, every day you see how some more and more get in and post how they play just to tease those who dont.
    - not to say who got in - Careless WoWers and ppl who say 'I played more EA games lately, played SC2 2 days and got bored, the 3 years werent worth waiting... ' bla bla noobs

That's the Optin - a complete fail, I have nothing more to say about it. I won't discuss it anymore.

6. Gorthag

Gorthag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, that's what you get when you hand out betakeys to random people. It would be way better if they gave the keys to accounts whit Starcraft 1 and WC3, and not just WoW.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Agree. Besides since USA has such a fast gaming metabolism (a.k.a. it plays games very fast and gets bored of them even faster...), I think its a bad idea to give some key to Americans - they are just too EAtarted or not intrested in sequel of 11 years old game to take it seriously. Its hard to find a person who would really enjoy the SC2 in USA...

8. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Woah, nice stereotype. -_-'

9. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I said there are exceptions... but most of American gamers are like this, I'm sure... I agree that there are and people not like this, but most of them are more of an a exception...

10. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And why would they be like that?

11. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm.... or its ust me or flame wars are starting? Fussiler, I agree that I might be mistaken, but seriously, I doubt we need to start a flame war...

12. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Meh, I hate stereotypes, >__>'
    But we're fine.

13. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'm from the USA! I take offense. I've played WoW, and love the RP aspect of it.
    As for raid bs? eww.
    This guy does deserve a key. He's afraid to play ranked matches, because he's bad, but he still loves the game. If he's played Real Time Strategy games and adored Warcraft 2, and he's been here THAT LONG, then he sure as hell deserves a beta key.

At least, alot more than the other wowfags. I'm just saying.

14. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I stopped playing WoW because i felt i was acting like a tard. End.

15. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    99% of the beta-testers misunderstood the idea of beta-TESTING! ffs.

I seriously doubt I ever buy this game, I've been waiting 10 years for this awesome game, I've been watching uncountable numbers of SC2 replays on YouTube, I prepared myself for the game as much as posible, I even kept myself away from the illegal versions because I still have some respect for Blizzard.

If I do not receive my beta-key, the idea of a fair game-developer are gone and I won't ever buy a damn thing from them again. If they release the Galaxy-editor in a closed beta that is..

Incredible how bad they can screw up, and they are not even releasing any new videos or news themselves to keep us interested. Come on!

16. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Honestly. 99% of WoW players are retarded, got no life, and lack a brain.
    If a single galaxy editor key goes to a wow player, i am done with Sc2. I won't even buy it.

17. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And you have met how much WoW players of the billions .. ?
    Nice stereotype, -_-'

Sooooooo.. because you hyped yourself up you demand to get a Beta Key?
    I thought it was a common-known fact that life sucks?
    Also, didn't knew game developers spied on everyone twenty-four hours a day to find out who is good for a beta!

Comeone, people, it's just a game!

18. Fummy

Fummy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you have a beta key Fussiler? because I've noticed that people without beta keys tend to think that getting a key will change there life and will do almost anything to get one, and people who have a beta key and can play the game are just like "Its just a game" or something like "you people are obsessed, watching all the videos etc" even though they might have been like that before they got the beta.
    This key changes people man, theres something in that key that makes people diffrent, some kind of government conspiracy, but i'll try and find them out and reveal what they are doing... wait... whats that noise? AHHHHHHH- (cuts out)

19. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not at all, I haven't even tried to get a Beta Key.

20. Fummy

Fummy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The message I sent sort of degraded and became less serious as I went, lol