• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do I still suck at making Lordaeron Villages / Camera Angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE:
Not for an actual map.
Just for fun and testing out new idea's on the visual aspect of Map-creation.

Now, the only problem I'm left with is creating map layouts that 'fit/fill' out the entire map space...

I also REALLY suck at Cityscapes, Making 'Good' Rivers and Lakes and Complex Variables/triggers.

Attachments

• Lordaeron Village 1.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 1.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 216
  • Lordaeron Village 2.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 2.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 214
  • Lordaeron Village 3.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 3.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 205
  • Lordaeron Village 4.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 4.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 204
  • Lordaeron Village 5.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 5.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 211
  • Lordaeron Village 6.PNG
    Lordaeron Village 6.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 205
Level 25
First thought:
Smoothen the hills.

In first pic the hills are too rough, imagine living in a village like that, where there are pointy hills.
Pic #4 they built a road in a hole?
Pic #5 there is a tree inside a rocky texture, trees don't like living inside stone.

Also select your trees and CTRL + page down them 2 steps, so they don't appear floating.

Level 28
When using regular models you should avoid getting the camera at low angles. The trees look funny and the overall units look cartoonish. They look okay in the default "bird-view" camera though, there's nothing wrong with them.

If you want to get better at placing your stuff and making cool villages/cities, just practice. Also take a look at other terrains that you think look cool. There are good examples of villages using regular Warcraft 3 models inside the campaigns.

For cinematics or highly customized maps/terrains, you should try custom models, like the ones in the Ultimate Terraining Map:

The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.