• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrainer looking for Work (Require no payment or credit) Skill level: Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is Quinten, I'm 17 from the Netherlands.

First of all, here's some of my work:
f.JPG

upload_2018-5-16_11-4-57.png

unknown-9.png

unknown-6.png

upload_2018-5-16_11-7-10.png

upload_2018-5-16_11-8-42.png

upload_2018-5-16_11-9-49.png

I also do free colobrations, deliver fast and proffesional work. I intend to terrain purely for fun and hobby, therefor I require no payment or credit for anything.

I prefer working with just melee assets, but i do tend to edit object data for the doodads i use.

I respect conditions and preserve any elements given to me on premade layout sketches.

Also I do terrain enhancements, storywriting, a bit of basic triggerwork, creative thinking, ballancing and make advanced contructs (large structures made entirely of eddited doodads).

The only tilesets I'm not so good with are Cityscape, Dungeon, Underground and Lordaeron Summer.

My favourite and most motivating tilesets for me are: Village Fall, Suinken Ruins, Barrens, Outland and Dalaran Ruins (a.k.a plague lands).

Feel free to check out my project with the link below this line, my main way of communication is Discord. My accountname/tag is: Sapprine#8332

Last edited:
Level 6
Don't want to offend you but I agree with DaveDave91 here.
Your terrain looks decent but just because you did something for a long time you are good in this, it need effort work and drive to get better and not just time spending on it.
And to call you a Pro(fessional) you would ask for money because as a pro this is what you life from and when your skills that high you can use it as a profession you can call you pro before this time wait a little bit and try to improve;)
I know there are professionals who don't charge for some of their works aswell but the point is to ask yourself would someone pay you for this kind of work?

Ps: The terrain looks good for me but try to take a look and learn from other terrain maps or popular maps and other games or try to analyze some real world photography and convert it to your terrain.
Keep up the good work and good luck on your way.

Cheers apsyll.

really nice terrains, love your style of preserving the original Wc3 atmoshpere and your usage of standard models is really good and creative. keep up the good work!
thank you!

Oh, and im currently working for 4 projects allready, 3 new ones thanks to this message.

Vanilla Blizzard style is basic, but also good and nostalgic. And im good at it, so why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, do you mind if you help terrain my maps? Ive been working on warcraft maps for many years but i dont do much terraining, and mainly focus on triggering and creating ideas. It would be really nice if you could help me!
Of Course!

To me its like the opposit. I've been making maps for many years ,but mainly terraining and I suck at programming.

Level 5
Of Course!

To me its like the opposit. I've been making maps for many years ,but mainly terraining and I suck at programming.

it would be nice if you could check out this few maps! I tried terraining but dont know if it looks nice..
Kodo Defence Ver 6.2e
Clash Beta 0.31
Attack Of The Lunatics 0.62a

A new game icon for the Kodo Defence and Clash game would be really awesome! haha sorry man theres jus so many terrain and art stuff i left out just cause i can't do this kind of things.

I started on AOTL, the terrain is decent and seems very playable. However, I can enhance it to Campaign quality.

Edit: The selection of tiles is good and I can really do allot with it, but to really pull out the best of it, I could really do with some Dark Grass from Lordaeron Summer or thick grass from Sunken Ruins, but I cant seem to add more past that -4 limit....

Level 5
I started on AOTL, the terrain is decent and seems very playable. However, I can enhance it to Campaign quality.

Edit: The selection of tiles is good and I can really do allot with it, but to really pull out the best of it, I could really do with some Dark Grass from Lordaeron Summer or thick grass from Sunken Ruins, but I cant seem to add more past that -4 limit....
Yeah i dunno how to add more tiles in though, world editor limitations?

Level 11
Hi Quinten, would you be interested in making a ORPG style map for my item system? The system itself is almost done (about a day or two as I don't think I'll be implementing save/load). You would be given credits and would also be given a wide range of freedom for your creativity as it would be a showcase for my system/template map.

Full GUI Item System

Let me know, thanks! :)

Hi Quinten, would you be interested in making a ORPG style map for my item system? The system itself is almost done (about a day or two as I don't think I'll be implementing save/load). You would be given credits and would also be given a wide range of freedom for your creativity as it would be a showcase for my system/template map.

Full GUI Item System

Let me know, thanks! :)
Yo, ermmm, of course I would like to help, but I do require a bit more detail before I start.

Level 11
Basically an adventure type map, where you can only go one direction (maybe with a few dead ends) and it takes you all around, small is fine as it's just a template, and no custom imports please. I'm down with any tile set except probably snow as it's usually pretty bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.