• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do Aliens Exist??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Do Aliens exist..

simple question, over a millienia ago there was the kokorims. The kokorims were masters of the universe they had super pale white skin and were very furry. They enslaved worlds and worlds of galaxies. They technology was so advanced. But a civil war happened and they started to attack each other. The giant empire divided into 28 sections. The Empire which controlled so much was split into small pieces. They bombed each other for years and years and years. Until... they became extinct. Of course their DNA goes on. Before the civil war had happened they colonised a planet called Zol'yic. Zol'yic was a planet similar to earth and it had exotic creatures. One creature was called frellyl. A frellyl was a monkey like creature with no hair and purple skin, They were beautifil creatures. One day the Kokorims(they were ugly) decided to fuse genes with the frellyls. So with their great technology they fused every 1 kokorim and every 1 frellyl together. This created a new breed. They called it zerom which meant half-breed. In the civil war the zerom were neutral and were the only ones who survived the civil war. Now once again with only the zerom as the only kokorims in the universe they began to alter Zol'yic. Some said it was against nature. Some just wanted to find resources so they can shootout into space and colonise again. Once again.. a civil war. Both sides agreed not to use anything which would kill the world.. However they used mass radiation bombs and minor bombs enough to tremble the world they lived on. This civil war lasted 1000 years and their race started to change and deform. eventually they lost their intellect and destroyed their technology and the world's continents started to change..... no one knows what happened next... some say we humans are the descendants of the kokorims....

Anyways i dont think aliens exist.

Level 22
Excactly this topic had been made some time ago, with a poll. doesnt matter, maybe other people will respond here

yes aliens do excist. u r probably one of those guys that thinks aliens have to be intelligent or have those big heads and crap, but aliens can also be little worms or bacteria. and still, i know there excist big alines to, even intelligent, cuz there hasnt even been discovered how big the universe is, it goes until infinity :roll: there just Has to be other intelligent life, cuz all the stars u c, r like our sun, not every sun has its own set of planets, but alot do

they just excist

Level 3
Until proven, Aliens DO NOT exist.

And no i dont think if there even was aliens they would be huge weird zerg-looking things. If there was aliens im pretty sure we'd be the most technologically advanced life forms in the universe.

Level 3
Perhaps. I mean, we havent gone out of the solar system yhet. I have read books where it actually says that aliens could esxist on a gas giant. Aliens can adapt to the enviorment you klnow. some people can be paranoid and think aliens are with the government and can cure deseases for us. However, im still beleiving aliens are true.

Level 25
Corse aliens exist

The odds of whatever the hell were in your post existing? Pretty much nill

But alien lifeforms do exist, be they primitive one celled beasts or not

The odds of them not existing, considering that we ourselves exist, would have to be pretty slim

Level 5
The-King said:

And no i dont think if there even was aliens they would be huge weird zerg-looking things. If there was aliens im pretty sure we'd be the most technologically advanced life forms in the universe.

That's just stupid. So you're saying, if aliens do exist, they will be less technologically advanced than us and nonsentient? But what about evolution? If a species has been around longer than us, it will probably be more advanced.

Unless, of course, you're one of those morons who believes in "Intelligent Design". It is ridiculous to deny the existance of sentient life if lesser life forms (such as bacteria and non-sentient animal-like creatures) also exist.

It is also impossible to say that alien life does not exist. The sheer enormity of the universe makes this impossible (Unless, of course, you are one of those morons who believed that mankind was created by god and is therefore the center of the universe). The chance of life evolving on any other planet with the right conditions is the same as it was on Earth.

Finally, since when is something not true until it is proven true? This goes against any legitimate scientific method of proof.

Feel free to rebut any of these points. I like a good debate.

Sure, its probable that other intelligent lifeforms exist, but its a lot to say that they DO or MUST exist based on your own personal conjecture. Its not a fact that they exist since there is no solid evidence.

Finally, since when is something not true until it is proven true? This goes against any legitimate scientific method of proof.
Actually it doesn't. I think you mean "since when is something FALSE until it is proven true?"

Level 7
You wish, There are aliens. Their are many sightings. And I have heard there are even abductions. So it is proven. Aliens DO EXIST.

And no i dont think if there even was aliens they would be huge weird zerg-looking things

How the hell would they look like a lifeform from a game? Maybe there are aliens like that, but as far as people know Aliens are little grey men about 2 - 3 feet tall.

If there was aliens im pretty sure we'd be the most technologically advanced life forms in the universe

The Universe Neaver Ends. There is no Limit to Techonology. There is always one place with better techonology. Aliens have better technology than us though, They were probably in the universe before dinosaurs, before the Coelalanth (See - Ka - Lanth) and such developed into reptiles. they were probably one of the first things in the universe.

EDIT: Also Did you know that Aliens think of us as inferior creatures?

Level 3
......AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA

Lol aliens dont exist. No one was ever abducted. Some people say they are abducted but thats because they imagine it. Before you wake up in the morning(consciously) your in a state where you can see but you cant more and you dont remember it. In that state it feels like a dream. Anyways what im saying is that the people who think they are abducted actually dream it. They are in the state i just told you about where they cant move and they imagine things (eg like they are getting probed they think they cant move cuz of aliens machines but actually cant move because of the state they are in).

(If Aliens existed)
If aliens did exist why cant we be the superior race? fucking everyone seems to think that we are so inferior. Whats wrong with you people. You do know if it wasnt europeans, asians, middle easterners then pretty much the whole world would still be in tribes dancing around the fire. We gradually created and increased our technology. Dont you think if aliens existed they might be i the stone age? and maybe we are the first intelligent race of the universe??

Some people said the odds of not being aliens r small...BULL SHIT dude the odds of finding aliens are 1/999999999999999 and the odds of them being intelligent 1/999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.

Corse aliens exist

The odds of whatever the hell were in your post existing? Pretty much nill

The odds of them not existing, considering that we ourselves exist, would have to be pretty slim

Have you seen aliens? cmon if you say course there are aliens then why arent they here? Do you have exact and 100 true evidense of this. You just cant say there are aliens, you havent seen them so dont say that again. dude seriously if there was aliens that hav come down to earth then wouldnt they be like to excited beyond their beliefs because they found another civillsation. Now everyone, Do Not say there are aliens because you have no proof.

Anyways, Yes i am a christian. I do believe in god and how he created the world.

for people who say "There are aliens, lok at the size of the universe there must be aliens somewhere." Well the universe is mostly empty. Most of the planets are unlivable. You know if earth was a bit closer to the sun we'd burn to death? You know if earth was a further away from the sun we'd freeze to death? We're lucky to even have earth. Earth is in the exact position so its livable. Coincidence? Well in my opinion god put it there because well.. he is god and he knows wot his doing. By the way, im not trying to convert you guys into christians im just saying my opinion.

Like i said Aliens Do Not exist until they are proven to.

Level 25
Quite simply, the odds of aliens NOT existing are FAR less than them existing

We ourselves came into existance from a primordial mix of single-celled creatures without so much as organs let alone a brain

Hence, I predict that a simular stage might have happaned in some distant universe

I doubt they'll be ZOMG TECHNOLOGY SUPERIOR or ZOMG ABDUCT PEOPLZ LOL

But I also doubt that we're the only living things in the entire universe

The odds of Earth being the ONLY planet to ever be able to support live are so miniscle that I can't just think of a way to put it in. The universe has uncountable billions of stars, and many of those uncountable billions may have planets around them. Life could evolve differently on one of these

Why the oath do you think I've never seen them? We've never left our own little solar system basically. Of corse I can't see something far away

There are aliens because we exist. They don't come down to earth, they don't even know we effing exist probably, but there are aliens out there. Be they primitive single celled lifeforms dwelling in a primordial ooze, or large preditorial beasts caring more about whats for lunch rather than anything else

You have no proof they don't exist. We haven't even began to scratch at the surface of the depths of the universe

Highly intelegent aliens? Possible, but unlikely. Primitive aliens with the collective intelegence of sloths? Possible, and far more likelier

Just look at the diversity of life which has evolved on Earth. If we can get so many varied things pop up from time to time, then the odds of there being some other planet where life has evolved in different ways are FAR higher than otherwise

This isn't an argument about "ZOMG SUPER INTELEGENT ALIENZ". This is one about the existance of lifeforms outside of Earth

And yes, the position of Earth, in my mind, is a coincidence. Or just a lucky break anyway, the sun is going to expand and destroy us in a few billion years. We're just sitting at a lucky point. Look at Venus for what'll happan to Earth come the sun growing

The odds of lifeforms outside of Earth existing are FAR greater than the odds of them not existing. Yeah, many planets might be barren balls of dust and gas, but remember: We have NO idea how large the universe is, or even if there is just one universe. There are millions of stars we can't even see, and we even discovered a planet capable of supporting life a few years back, albiet it was millions of years away from Earth

Level 3
We ourselves came into existance from a primordial mix of single-celled creatures without so much as organs let alone a brain
Ummm so you remember when that happened? Answer = No. You dont know if that really happened. As a christian i believe that God created us in his image.

There are aliens because we exist.
Once again you dont know that aliens exist you havent seen them. You cant just say because we exist. We could possibly be the only ones in the universe why? because atleast we know we exist.

The odds of lifeforms outside of Earth existing are FAR greater than the odds of them not existing.
Nope, because you havent found any aliens yet there are no odds. Simple example: say if made a new account, but i never posted. What are the odds that i will post?

and we even discovered a planet capable of supporting life a few years back
Where'd you find this out? Got a website?

I'd like to all tell you that, even tho i am agaisnt aliens existing, I wish they existed. I really wish we could interact with them and trade technology and resources and everything else. Of coarse there is no evidence so..... can't believe it.

Level 25
The-King said:
Ummm so you remember when that happened? Answer = No. You dont know if that really happened. As a christian i believe that God created us in his image.

I have a good after comment for this, but I'm sort of not allowed to turn topics into debates on religion. Something to do with VG coming running in and locking it if that happans, and having VG locking my debates is never a good experiance

Once again you dont know that aliens exist you havent seen them. You cant just say because we exist. We could possibly be the only ones in the universe why? because atleast we know we exist.

Corse I don't know if they exist, I believe they exist. Corse, if you want to go down the "Know" path, the only thing we truely actually "know" exists is ourselves

Nope, because you havent found any aliens yet there are no odds. Simple example: say if made a new account, but i never posted. What are the odds that i will post?

Hardly a simular situation

Lets say you have 5 jellies. You leave them all in seperate containers, all the same to each other. Then, one day, years later, you open one container and find that one of the jellies has become moldy. Very moldy. Therefore, you have fairly good odds for believing that at least one other jelly will also be moldy, but lo and behold, upon opening the second one, which you put in an air-tight refridgerated box, it hasn't grown moldy. However, the next one, with the same situations as the first, is moldy

Just because we haven't found something doesn't mean there are no odds for its existance

Where'd you find this out? Got a website?

I wish I did. Saw it on the news a few years back. Though we at least are fairly sure that one of the moons of Saturn has water, and water is believed to be one of the basic parts of life. Hell, it itself could support some strange lifeforms like those which exist deep under the oceans here on Earth

I'd like to all tell you that, even tho i am agaisnt aliens existing, I wish they existed. I really wish we could interact with them and trade technology and resources and everything else. Of coarse there is no evidence so..... can't believe it.

There is evidence towards them existing. We exist. We're life which has sprung up from the atoms and molecules that make up the universe. It seems odd that we'd just be a once-off thing and life never appeared anywhere else in the vast depths of the universe. I've no evidence for technologically superior beings who are coming to come and destroy us or whatever, but we ourselves are evidence that life can spring up in the universe at least once. I would even go as far to guess that at times long before Earth even existed life had sprung up and died many times. Be it single-celled lifeforms or a myriad of creatures, evolved to tackle specific capabilities in life

Level 3
I have visited many sites. From what i have noticed, alot of people believe in aliens. Of coarse I'm sure they just wished it. I still cannot believe in aliens. without hard evidence there is no aliens. I wll believe in aliens once there is evidence. Do you know, in medieval times, how many people believe in magic powers and magic beings and monsters? ALOT. They were proven wrong because later on... no evidence. So until there is real evidence Aliens dont exist, singular celled or some weird crab-like creature.

and your example isnt a very good one because eventually they will all have mould. And we cant say eventually all lifeforms will come up in every galaxy. (because we dont know if they exist)

Level 22
Most of the planets are unlivable. You know if earth was a bit closer to the sun we'd burn to death? You know if earth was a further away from the sun we'd freeze to death? We're lucky to even have earth. Earth is in the exact position so its livable. Coincidence?

yes if earth was a little closer WE would burn and if it was farther WE would freeze. so u r saying that, cuz we cant live under those circumstances, nothing can live there? earth is not in the excact position, yes for humans it is, but if it was a little farther away from the sun, it would be alot colder and no humans would live there, but other creatures would

? Well in my opinion god put it there because well.. he is god and he knows wot his doing

mmye -.- i probably know what mecheon was going to say, and i just have to say it. Why do u believe in god if u dont believe in aliens? have u ever seen god? quess not :p

Aliens almost are guarenteed to exist. Watch as I slash through everyone who disagrees and aid all who agrees arguements!

"bacteria" as many would want to call it mecheon. They dont need as much as we do, and could survive insane temperatures!

It is also impossible to say that alien life does not exist. The sheer enormity of the universe makes this impossible (Unless, of course, you are one of those morons who believed that mankind was created by god and is therefore the center of the universe). The chance of life evolving on any other planet with the right conditions is the same as it was on Earth.

Though we havent found any planets that support life as we know it, we only have found a few "extrasolar planets"

You wish, There are aliens. Their are many sightings. And I have heard there are even abductions. So it is proven. Aliens DO EXIST.

I dont believe in UFOs. I beleive in organisms adapted perfectly to the enviorment. I dont beleive in huge headed martians. I beleive in what would take advantage of everything around them!

Anyways, Yes i am a christian. I do believe in god and how he created the world.

...Fundamentalist :p

Most of the planets are unlivable. You know if earth was a bit closer to the sun we'd burn to death? You know if earth was a further away from the sun we'd freeze to death?

Its called adaption. Swash is right about aliens in gas giants like jupitur. The could float on little blimps and swordtails could glide through the auir and hunt them, as every book i read described. There is a picture section in the book "cosmos" for proof of how they would exist.

They don't come down to earth, they don't even know we effing exist probably, but there are aliens out there. Be they primitive single celled lifeforms dwelling in a primordial ooze, or large preditorial beasts caring more about whats for lunch rather than anything else

Aka bacteria.

As a christian i believe that God created us in his image.

Make a 100% christian forum complaining about the world, science reigns supreme in this world as most professers say.

Be it single-celled lifeforms or a myriad of creatures, evolved to tackle specific capabilities in life

*sigh*

B
a
c
t
e
r
i
a

How hard is it?

Though we at least are fairly sure that one of the moons of Saturn has water, and water is believed to be one of the basic parts of life.

Actually, Jupiturs icy moon of europa is the one beived to have water. I read up creatures that undergo photosynthesis and travel along the ice on skates in thier feet would be well adapted in europa, according to Our Universe.

Its titan, the largest moon of saturn, that has an atmosphere. Its atmosphere contains mainly nitrogen, making it the mass with an atmosphere closest to ours.

Corse I don't know if they exist, I believe they exist. Corse, if you want to go down the "Know" path, the only thing we truely actually "know" exists is ourselves

You asked if they Do Aliens Exist?? rather than do you think aliens exist??

mmye -.- i probably know what mecheon was going to say, and i just have to say it. Why do u believe in god if u dont believe in aliens? have u ever seen god? quess not

This isnt a religion forum. That would make this topic against the rules.

Anyway, for those thinking planet need to be perfect for life, certain creatures can exist and adapt to even the 1300F planets. Read the tour of the solar system part of "our universe" to see examples of life in certain planets, like ones in venus, Pluto, europa, and such.

Level 23
On a related note, you don't even need water for life - all you need is an solvent for all the basic organic chemicals. So that increases the chances a hundred-fold for other life.

I've been doing advanced higher biology this year, and we were learning about signal transduction; how the reaction between one molecule can be passed on through different reactions of different molecules to carry "information" from a source to a destination. And it got me to thinking; all forms of life are probably the result of that original "signal" - the lightning bolt striking the primordial soup of chemicals. Hell, there's speculation that the first bacteria even came from beyond, frozen in comets or something. But it shows the immensity of life and how insignificant humans really are.

Anyway, the point is that there is demonstrable proof of evolution happening here, and it'd be stupid to assume it's not happening elsewhere considering the size of the universe - as most people have pointed out already, the chances of life *not* existing elsewhere are so slim as to be negligible.

... If you got a coherent point out of there, you're a better man than I! :p

Level 3
it'd be stupid to assume it's not happening elsewhere considering the size of the universe

how big is it? u said considering the size of the universe so you must seem to know it then. how big is it?

See you guys have nothing, all you can say is "There must be life because we evolved and look at the size of the universe there must be atleast something out there". Of course, you have nothing because you have 0 evidence.

...Fundamentalist
Im not trying to convert you, im not ignoring your sides. From what everyone said its pretty interesting. I believe alot of stuff in science is right, however some stuf i disagree with. Just because im a christian mean im a fundamentalist. Science is one of my favourite subjects although its soooooooo boring. Pretty much everyone in my family believe in aliens. But i just cant believe in them because of no evidence.

Remember the word: evidence

Next time someone posts i'd like some evidence

Level 22
Matt, not all single-celled lifeforms are bacteria. Likewise, I'm not terribly sure if all bacteria only have a single cell

thats true, Protozoa r one celled to. and prokaryotes (some kind of bacteria) arent one celled, so once again mecheon was right :)

no im not smart, its called wikipedia ^^

Next time someone posts i'd like some evidence

Next time u post, i'd like to c some evidence that god excists :p

Level 23
Matt540 said:
Say, about the organisms not needing water, litchens or whatever those fungi are dont need water, right? Isnt that why they can grow on rocky places? And dont they not require air either?

No, lichen and such need water; albiet less of it than a lot of other organisms. They take moisture from the air.

Bacteria are "prokaryotes" and all single celled, prokaryote meaning that they have no membrane-bound organelles. Ultrastructure stuff, not relevant.

Protozoa are single celled animals, I believe...

And you don't need evidence to make educated guesses about stuff; considering how easily life evolves and adapts around us, it is reasonable to assume that the same circumstances will have occured/be occuring elsewhere - the universe is, as far as our current instruments tell us, incomprehensibly big. And that's good enough to assume that there's plenty of room and a high probability of aliens existing.

Level 3
Ramza said:
i c, well then.. my evidence that aliens excist r books about aliens. u c both r just written by some1

over a millienia ago there was the kokorims. The kokorims were masters of the universe they had super pale white skin and were very furry. They enslaved worlds and worlds of galaxies. They technology was so advanced. But a civil war happened and they started to attack each other. The giant empire divided into 28 sections. The Empire which controlled so much was split into small pieces. They bombed each other for years and years and years. Until... they became extinct. Of course their DNA goes on. Before the civil war had happened they colonised a planet called Zol'yic. Zol'yic was a planet similar to earth and it had exotic creatures. One creature was called frellyl. A frellyl was a monkey like creature with no hair and purple skin, They were beautifil creatures. One day the Kokorims(they were ugly) decided to fuse genes with the frellyls. So with their great technology they fused every 1 kokorim and every 1 frellyl together. This created a new breed. They called it zerom which meant half-breed. In the civil war the zerom were neutral and were the only ones who survived the civil war. Now once again with only the zerom as the only kokorims in the universe they began to alter Zol'yic. Some said it was against nature. Some just wanted to find resources so they can shootout into space and colonise again. Once again.. a civil war. Both sides agreed not to use anything which would kill the world.. However they used mass radiation bombs and minor bombs enough to tremble the world they lived on. This civil war lasted 1000 years and their race started to change and deform. eventually they lost their intellect and destroyed their technology and the world's continents started to change..... no one knows what happened next... some say we humans are the descendants of the kokorims....

Believe my story then, whats wrong with it?

No the bible is actually a real book and real old books and letters made by lots of people. I know its hard to explain it so i guess i wont because you will probably not understand or post back with something inappropriate. And im not trying to convert you btw.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.