• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows in the Dark(Epic Open RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The world has embraced the Advent, an event that changed everything. The elves have split into two ideals, one of dark, the other of light. Humans are the sore thumb of the world. The dwarves simply bury themselves in their rocks. Aeos is a changed world.

Lore:

Dark Elves-These are the elves that formed after the Advent. Over the thirty years since it happened they have had 2 major civil wars and the near extermination of the Light Elves. The first civil war happened a year after the Light Elves defeat at their homeland city. This war was over the corrupted substance called Dark Mythril, which is obtained by tainting Mythril. After the First War of Shadow, the dark elves prowled throughout the world torturing all for the simple pleasure of it. Not too much later the dark elves discovered a new shapeable substance called Darksteel. While it's natural form is a liquid and usually found in the icy waters of the north, with magical aid it was influenced to turn solid and take shape into anything. Further research proved Darksteel is present in everything and thus anything can be turned into Darksteel. The Second War of Shadow happened after the Dark Elven capital city was destroyed in a duel between a Light Elven figure and a more malicious Dark Elf. After the leadership issues were resolved through some very bloody negotiations, they returned to constantly raiding all. Scholars currently believe the Dark Elven patterns will create the Third War of Shadow.

Light Elves-Nearly extinguished by the Dark Elves, they harbored a crystalline substance called Mythril with miraculous healing powers. The dark elves sieged their ice based city and took all of the Mythril as their own and tainted it to allow the wearer to torture others much more easily then previous methods allowed. So far only pockets of resistance are known to reside within the Dark Elven empire and its a wonder they haven't been extinguished yet.

Humans-Although they have numerous disparate nations and kingdoms, they are clearly the sore thumb of the world. They provide perfect prey for the dark elves insatiable lust to torture others. -Lore is incomplete due to the stuff not being there

Dwarves-The dwarves are no longer present on Aeos as they have burrowed deep underground and have sealed all known entrances into their kingdoms. -Lore is restricted

Most of this stuff is from a massive series of Roleplays on WC3 that me and friends did with massed success. If any characters seem godlike then don't worry, they'll be most likely killed or injured majorly by some unknown force. I will always play as a Dark Elf in these RPs as they are my own epic invention.

Humans are free for a complete outlook/design as their is no lore I have in memory that details them. I also suggest running them by me because I dont want this empire that supposedly bigger then the Dark Elves because, well they happen to own half of the known world. Other races may be introduced because I said in the last sentence, 'known world'. Just be sure to run it by me so I dont get angered.

Edit:
This story begins before the Third War of Shadow. As the Dark Elves slowly fall into anarchy, the world wonders what may happen. The humans are quaking as it all will erupt. Time is short, war is nigh, and death will be embraced.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well I've been working on a map project and it gets kinda tricky after awhile to juggle 2 projects, plus school is fringing upon my freedom. But to get things living I am revealing my main character :D.

Name: Seres Blackthorn
Race: Dark Elf
Physical Description: tall, slender, long pitch black hair, sheer white eyes, leather armor dyed black, dark concealing cloak
Equipment: Numerous knives and a Darksteel Sword
Magic Usage: Standard Darksteel

Note: Magic Usage is in three levels: Poor, Standard, Master along with the branch of magic

Follow this and add more if you want, but I like some mystique with my characters :ugly:

Level 9
Hmm il make mine then too

Name: Morlune Aluviel
Race: Light Elf
Physical Description: Athletic, slender, Bright blue eyes and long white hair
Equipment: Elven brigandine armor, Mithril Curved sword, bow. White Stallion
Magic Usage: Standard Holy/light elf magic.
Class: Spellblade

Level 5
Here it goes

Name: Rin Blackfire
Age: (Not quite sure what to put if you pry for it in the Rp I'l reveal it!)
Physical Description: Athletic, Athletic build, long black hair (usually covered by the hood of his cloak) Dark Red Glowing Eyes, Muscular, Swift and Stealthy.
Equipment: Dark Elven Blade, Two Dark Elf Daggers, Throwing Daggers, Dark Elf Bow, Enchanted Quiver, Black Cloak, Silver Armor, Leather Bracers.
Magic Usage: Dark Energy, Rift Magic.
Class: Assassin, Magi Warrior.

(When i say Dark Elven i really mean the Darksteel pretty much... More or less...)

Level 4
With further adieu, I bring you, Shadows in the Dark

Seres jumped across the gorge, his sheath glimmering in the moonlight. The clouds shifted removing the light, but detailing the trees to his superior eyesight. He turned back to see if his pursuers still existed. Nothing seen, and nothing there, he advanced further into the forest. Although this was just practice, risking anything would be detrimental to this small group. He gripped a knife on his belt and threw it at a tree. As he observed further, a foolish Light Elf stood in a clearing not far from his position. If he was lucky, he might gain some favor of Lord Valin of Deathwing Hold, allowing his operations to follow through to their last details. Even if he gained Valin's favor, the Elthritchs may not listen to his request, but yet it was a risk that was needed to be taken.

OOC: An Elthritch is a female dark elven assassin part of a guild organization that will help anyone they want to for whatever price they gain. Elthritchs are incredibly hard to understand thus making them very incredibly hard to rely on.

DO NOT TRY TO BE AN ELTHRITCH.
They are too evil/nonunderstandable that trying to get into even their most basic cult practice would require 2-3 paragraphs.

Level 9
Morlune was looking at the gorge, he needed to find a sanctuary for his people. But so far, no place was safe or big enough for his people to settle. He walked towards the gorge to check if there could be a cavernity below, Nothing. Suddenly he heard the blunt sound of a metal object flying into a tree, not anywere in his direction. Morlune had company, probably a Dark Elf by the likes of this place. He was making sure he hadn't been seen when he grinned. His bright Elven armor and white Tunic made it nigh impossible not to be seen in a place like this. Morlune acted like he didn't notice anything, the person in question would reveal himself sooner or later and Morlune was ready for him. So he walked back to his horse.

Level 4
Seres gripped his sword carefully. As the Light Elf left, he readied a knife at his belt. Carefully aiming, he threw the knife at the rear part of his knee, and within a second, the Light Elf dropped to the ground, blood streaming from the wound. Seres almost chuckled, pulling his sword from its sheath, a slithering sound coming from his own weapon.

Level 5
IC: Farther down the gorge Rin Blackfire stood watching the entire scene play out with. His red eyes darted from place to place like an eagle searching for its prey. He watched as the knife was thrown into a tree... Than the Light Elf was hit in the leg. He looked behind him at his large black horse standing, eating some grass next to a small tree.

Level 9
Dang it hurt, Morlune looked at his leg to see how bad it was. He grabbed the knife and pulled it out of his legg, surpressing a grunt of pain. Then he put his hand on the wound, bright blue light came from the hand and the wound began closing.
Morlune looked behind him, in the direction were the knife came from. Show Yourself he said as he picked up a stone and threw it to the tree were the knife came from.

Too late to create a charry? (I use my own bio format just for my own sake)

Name: Alena Starshadow

Appearance: Alena stands about 5 foot six. She has short black hair with piercing blue eyes and pale, almost ghostly white skin. One of her eyes is always covered by a strand of hair, which stretches from the left of her face, over the right eye, and over the cheekbones. Her face consists of two perfectly sculpted nearly white lips, a thin, delicate nose, and high cheekbones, caressed with silky skin. Her small and thin stature, combined with her appealing looks, makes her a natural beauty.

Apparel: Alena is always wearing a black cloak, with her hood hanging over her face so all you can see is her dark hair. Underneath her cloak is a small gray tunic. If you look closely, you can see a small, silver pendant of the moon, which her parents gave to her as inheritance.

Personality: Alena is a very grim and quiet girl, minding her own business in the shadows. Her parents were killed in a massacre, leaving her alone in the world. She wanders aimlessly around the lands, searching for something to relieve her of her misery.

Weapons: Alena does not use weapons. Instead, she has a Darksteel flute, which she uses to conjure up shadows to do her bidding. If in trouble, she will simply rely on dark magic, channeled from her flute, to get her out.

Magic Use: Alena can use her shadow magic to many different uses. Just playing a short tune on her flute can make her do multiple things. One song makes her teleport to another shadow, while others can make her blend into the darkness, rendering her nearly invisible, except for her shadow. There are numerous other spells, but she hasn't unlocked them yet.

Class: Shadow Charmer

Last edited:
Level 19
OOC: Sounds me great RP, and I would like to join it, but I'm quite new to this kind of RP, :/, well.. I'll be making a dwarf then

Name: Narn 'Cleaver'
Race: Dwarf
Character: Likes a laugh, yet hard for strangers. He likes a mug of ale, but he growls much times. In few words, he doesn't has a permanent character
Appearance: Short, has a beard, always walks with his axe next to him and seems a typical dwarf
Magic: His roaring has strange effects, sometimes it causes people to shiver, run or scream.
Special: Dwarves buried 'emselves in the ground.. right? Then he's the first one to come to the ground.

Level 19
As he enters the Upper World, Narn feels excited, and he laughs. ''I'ill be famous, aye. Th' first Dwarf ever to'enter the groun's, eh?'' Then he looks to the sky, the sun blinds him and he uses his hands to blind his eyes. Then he spots the.. Light Elf, and goes to him. He examines him, then comes to the conclusion: It's a Light Elf. He asks him carefully: ''Hell'oo.. Elf?''

Level 14
Would this do as a late character.
Name: Fresdil Do'Urden
Race: Dark Elf/Light Elf
Physical Description: Athletic, Athletic build, long white hair (usually covered by the hood of his cloak) Lavender Eyes, Muscular, Swift and Stealthy.
Equipment: Mythril Double-sword, Black Cloak, Leather Bracers, and a Pather.
Magic Usage: Dark Elf Magic, Natural magic.
Class: Ranger
Good elf like his father but he has a longer rage (10 hours). He fight his Dark brothern.

Status
Not open for further replies.