• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DK's Creation Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
DK's Creation Wars
This will be the first time I start out a map by planning before hand. The gameplay is generally a new generation of RTS. This game will be a small proto-type of what I intend to develop in my future game development. Anyway let's look at the specifics.

Story
You are a God with unbelievable creation power, you create your nation, you plan your creation to what you desire as you want it to dominate even yourself.

The Game Play
When I say that it is a new generation of RTS, I don't just say it as that, I present it as a new generation of RTS. Let me show you an example. Imagine a nation that you can customise as if you are god, you will never know what will happen, what will your troops do, what they will attack, you just start out with casting events and casting your creation.

Game Play Specifics
I had experiences in map making, following those old gameplay certainly makes things boring. This is a new RTS breed that will stay for long. There are stages to the game.

Stage:
1. All players customise and born their nation with the stats system.
2. Player will watch their nation grow in their own way while they complete tasks to earn mana that allows them to cast events.
3. The game has 2 ending, there is a chance that one nation or more become shrouded with evil thoughts and plan evil dongs that eventually leads to total destruction of all nations or a nation that will destroy all nations and plan to take over the world or all nations are good and finally rest in peace, there are many many other conditions that will be happening, impossible to list them all out. Anyway, when the condition is met, the game ends and show the score of the players.

Creation Stage
When you create your race, you specify your stats/races including the chances of behaviours that will happen. Eventually these factor leads to what they think, how they act, how they live. Becareful as your nation might accidentally become extinct due to stupidity. Your nation is totally unexpectable.

Casting Stage
Your abilities are far beyond explainations. You can cast illusions on your creeps, cause accidents and create many other happenings that are strategist to aid or disturb or purify or other purposes. They react to it and cast their mindset to new possibilities.

Domination and Score Stage
I am still undecided on what to place as score, any suggestions is welcome on this part. As I said earlier on, the Domination stage occurs when one of the many epic condition is met and the game ends with a short cinematic and scores slowly fades out. The scores are planned to show many informations and comparing those with other players.

The development of this map will start after 4 weeks of today due to my studies which is driving me busy all day.

Tell me what you think about this game, it's replayability, it's gameplay. I will change nessasary things along the way.

Level 9
Interesting concept indeed..If ever you'll be needing help in the graphics department, count me in..

Status
Not open for further replies.