• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Laerdon Wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Dawn and Twillight - Laerdon Wars!

301m48w.png

Write history, become a hero and secure your nations existance.

Laerdon Wars is a 11 player map based on the Dawn and Twillight RP series.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/dawn-twillight-376/

The whole idea started when I created the worldmap for the RP's in paint. After also creating the map in the world editor I started adding triggers and units and this is how the project actually started.

Alright, so what is it?

You are a nation on the continent of Laerdon. This is one of the continents of the Dawn and Twillight world. You can play different nations, from Black Orks to Wood Elves. Your objective is simple but difficult, secure the safety of your people in your region and try to conquer as much regions as you can. Every region you own gives you extra income. So the more regions, the more power you have.

The eleven nations of Laerdon Wars! are:

-Northleger Orcs
The Orcs of the Northleger are the orcs from Avalon and the survivors of former clans in the Northern part of the Northridge. With their new chieftain Fathog Howlcry they have regrouped and rebuilt the great city of Avalon.

The Wachters clan in Ledorn are also part of the Northleger Orcs, they will do everything to defend Greenwoods against the Black Ork invasion.

-Gardor & Silverglade Men
The men of Gardor and Silverglade are the most prestigious and notable nation of Northridge, they live in the great cities of Silverglade and Gardor.
The city of Gardor also inhabits many Aidothi and Dwarves, they will fight under Gardor flag in times of need.

-Earth Elves & Moonfolk
The Earth Elves have a great history. They were part of the Kan Dynasty alliance during the first age, but after the cataclysm they have travelled north. Now part of the Northleger they will try to defend their new home Ethamiel as good as they can.

The Moonfolk are a misterious race, they have suddenly appeared during the first age and since then they took part in the history of the continent of Laerdon. The Moonfolk under control of Erayo will try to help the Northleger as good as they can.
-Daxraq Aidothi
-Allthond Wild Orcs
-Bleakstare Black Orks
-Doleth Black Orks
-Men of Delaria
-Scutarian Wood Elves
-Un'Oorg(Undead)
-(Optional, not used yet - The Diármand)

Regions:

Bleakstare Ruins
Ethamiel
Western Bleakstare Forest
Eastern Bleakstare Forest
Dunrôth
Jafree Shore
Ruins of Minirth
Gardor
Silverglade
Silverleaf Forest
Hacksay
The Alvoren
Avalon
The Brown Hills
The Dark Valley
Ledorn
Greenwoods
Doleth
Mintar Nek
Daxraq
Xingai
The Southern Road
Goldener Wald
Scutaria
Snowpint
Idra Lahti Plains
Delaria
Temorian Ruins
Southern Grasslands
Zanlae Island

Screenshots:

2jcek4i.png

an21cj.png

nq90ti.png

5ewlmp.png

The map is based on Azeroth Wars. You have to take regions to ensure your income. Cities must be defended because that's where you train your army.

Hope I'll complete this map :p

Last edited:
Level 6
Try to lessen the blizz cliff as less as possible, they look ugly, on the birds view.

You're right, I will remove most of the cliffs in the southern part. But I'll keep some in, I don't really mind about it when it works for me ingame.

Level 9
Laerdoron Wars. Seems Good.

Since you are *currently* making the Terrain, how about I throw Ideas that may prove useful later?

The Moonfolk Hero - The Demigod Cenarius (yes, HIM ! !)

~ Skills ~

Moon Slice - Carves a sharp wind towards enemies, knocks them back and stuns for 1.3 seconds. [100/125/150] Damage , 7 Cooldown , [1.5,1.25,1] second Casting Time.

Nature's Call - Creates a Mystical Creature (dunno wat) to fight among Cenarius enemies, but dies quickly after a set time. [5/6/7] Seconds time to live, [50/60/70] Damage of the Creature and [0.8,0.75,0.7] seconds casting time.

Tree Roots - Slams the ground to uproot trees and tangle nearby enemies. If an enemy is tangled he will be slow downed for [20/30/40] seconds and deals [50/60/70 Damage]. Friendly Fire.

Roaring Nature - Spirits will come forth dealing damage to enemies, but at the same time Cenarius will be unable to attack (use his ghost image). [20/30/40] damage. [25/35/45] spirits.

Last edited:
Level 6
Updated.

Currently working on the terrain of the Northern part of the map. When that's finished I'll try to finally get the terrain of the Southern part done. It'll be a hell of a job. ;)

@Da Fist, thanks for the tips and ideas. I'll look at them when I add the heroes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.