• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

dividing maps by quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Lets say you had section like Top quality maps, average quality, below average. Or some categories maybe not so derogatory such as below average if a map isn't very good(generally like mine) but you get the idea. The reason would be to allow maps that aren't very good but time and effort has clearly been put into it to be put into the below average so those people get their maps on the site, and to distinct those maps that are special, or top-notch quality with the highest category.

The person responsible for deciding the category will be the person who approved the map but perhaps there could be flags where users could nominate if a map should be put in another section or not. Ie. if a map was in the top section and got like 10 selections to be placed in a lower section then maybe it would be moved. And vica versa with a map placed in a lower section.

Thoughts?

Level 32
Our webmaster is indeed presently revising the resource sections: when he exterminates any bugs and is satisfied that his new scripts will perform well, the new section(s) will be unveiled, starting with the model section.

To the best of my understanding, the new sections will include an entirely separate rating system for resource moderators, in addition to the current all-user rating system.

The new rating categories will of course include the existing Ignored and Unapproved categories; Resource moderators will also be able to further categorize Approved resources into: Unrecommended, Recommended and Directors Choice. (Ralle can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Level 18
The new rating categories will of course include the existing Ignored and Unapproved categories; Resource moderators will also be able to further categorize Approved resources into: Unrecommended, Recommended and Directors Choice. (Ralle can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Heh, I was just about to reply, or we could have a section called "Director's Choice" how wc3sear.ch did. But hey, Ralle beat me to it! :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.