• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map Category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have an idea for a terrain category in the maps section. In this category people that like terraining could submit a map that only has terrain. People could then download it and use the terrain for their own maps and give credit if the person who made the terrain requests credit. The section could possibly be used for map makers to post protected versions of a map to show people their terrain and get feedback without having someone else take their terrain. Just an idea, any feedback?

Level 22
Not enouph demand. Out of the 2600 maps we have, there are about 5 or 6 that are simply terrain with no triggers, where the author said "feel free to make use this to make a map"

If any sections will be added, it will be Tower Defense and Altered Melee...at least those are what I'm pushing for...although further suggestions are still welcome, of course.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Terrain maps would be ok. But arguments come and go.

Some would prefer it since you can try use the map for editing purposes. Of course like satomi said, very few are taking advantage. Then again, it's never a bad idea to show some artistic value.

I'd submit pure terrain maps, but I suck anyway. =P

Level 5
Jacek said:
I think VG is right. There's no need for terrains. If someone needs terrain submits it in requests forum and gets specially for his needs

ditto Jacek

terrain maps are good if u know how to use them.

Level 2
since im new here i cant say much

well if terrain should be one

TERRAIN all the way

anyone? any news on starcraft ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.