• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a New Map Category!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You should make a map category where people can make maps that contain triggers that people can use in there maps. Sorta like a Tutorial section but with maps instead of text.

Because the inorder to add an map example to a tutorial section that is currently on here you would have to upload the map to an already existing category for the maps like : Defense, Offense, Mini-game.

Whenever, the map ready shouldn't go there.

Example:

- A map that contains and demonstrates and unprotected triggers to flawlessly open and close a gate, without closing on someone while they are trying to go through it.

- A map that contains and demonstrates and unprotected triggers for a perfectly working save/load system that is universal

- A map that contains and demonstrates and unprotected triggers for making items so that they can only be carried by a melee or ranged hero...etc..

Level 4
Doesn't that tell you that we do need a section for these types of maps "parts of maps".

I think these types of maps im taking about are really improtant in the education of "noob" map makers.

Calling them "parts" doesn't work for me, because i view them more as tutorials.

If the Admins would make a poll for this on the main page or where it would be most appropriate that would be really kewl.

Level 4
i2ichardt does have a point
If you were a noob looking for a tutorial map... wouldn't you look in the... uhhh... map section?

You could make a "tutorial" catagory and just have maps from the spells section show up in both places.
There are already lots of "script maps" mixed in with the other ones.

And I also think "misc." should be the deafult catagory, because people don't always take time to choose the right catagory.

Ehhh just my opinion :wink:

Level 21
If you people really benefit help by learning on purpose from a map which is designed to teach you something in a way, the maps section is not a good idea.

Another category there is also not a good idea. People can just upload the support map elsewhere and link it. Could be in a tutorial which saves alot of writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.