• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Category missing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I usually don't like posting stupid threads, but I hope this is not one of them.

What is missing:
Boss Fight, I was really confused when I saw that there is no such map category. Isn't it a bit unique/needed? I think really, if we have simple map (32x32) with only boss who is fighted in phases isn't "mini-game" or "rpg" strange map category for such maps? I would really like to you guys add this category, it will help many lovers of such maps (like me).

One and only, perfect HammerFist

Last edited:
Level 30
Looks interesting, but even a 'Boss Fight' has a lot of categories as well (e.g survive 50 waves before boss arrives, access 4-5 mazes/rooms before you kill the boss, build defenses before boss arrives etc.)

Categories such as Defense/Survival, Offense, and Miscellaneous genres is already a fitting type.

Looks interesting, but even a 'Boss Fight' has a lot of categories as well (e.g survive 50 waves before boss arrives, access 4-5 mazes/rooms before you kill the boss, build defenses before boss arrives etc.)

Categories such as Defense/Survival, Offense, and Miscellaneous genres is already a fitting type.
well for that kind of maps is not that important because their main objective is like survive all waves or escape from maze, but some maps that have main objective to kill some boss are really needed, diablo3 maps and other I mention before. so mostly we need this where main objective is to kill some strong boss in dungeon or directly, with out many other side quests

Level 30
Oh wait now I understand, maps that only let you go directly to the boss itself right? There is no actual category for that right now but it can be arranged somehow.

Boss Fight? Can you list at least 10 maps that fit into this category?
I remember the time where I played some maps from Aeroblyctos that is based only on boss killing:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/boss-fight-1-4-a-216324/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/big-bad-ass-boss-run-bbabr-223730/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/angel-fate-226559/

Level 28
I'm basing my reply here
maps that only let you go directly to the boss itself right?

But if you want to converse this way

Imagine how many of the goes in "offensive".

Then isn't boss fight can be a offense? RPG? Defense/Survival? Puzzle? Mini-game? It can also be Shooting if the theme requires it. But just like Boss Fight, RPG can be AoS, Puzzle, Defense, etc as long as you're playing a particular role.

Actually category and genre can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

So instead of making a new category that other category already covers why don't you just put it at the latter category?

Level 30
So instead of making a new category that other category already covers why don't you just put it at the latter category?
amXNQ3v_700ba.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.