• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

we need more categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
im more downloader then a resource uploader. I havesearching for maps before now im making maps and seraching all issued resources.

This site is the best resource center for WC3 in my opinion.

But searching for something is a bit pain spoetially on resources in my opinion we need more categoires to find what we are looking for.

forex defence maps and offence map this 2 subject needs loads of sub categories to find what we are looking for easily such a castle defence, Tower defence ect...

spetially on icons i need to spend hours to find an outo cast icon :? some icons does not have a disabled ones :(

and that will be a good category for newbee map makers to have a "only editor changed custom spells" to understand the spell issues bufs effects ect...

hope you will think about it
anyway on any condition,
wery much thanks to host such a greate resource portal for us.

Level 5
i cannot see a point on your opinion

Web site designers, editors and all releated people knows the issue that im talking about.

The ting im talking about will make this site more user friendly, more porfessional...

Just talking about lazyness... So why people need such a web site? So we dont need any categories? lets collect them under single download link, mix maps icons models im sure you will find what you need there...

Dont post your opinions about the issues you dont know or understand. May be you have just posted for being posted something...

Level 12
im more downloader then a resource uploader.
Much like a parasite

I havesearching for maps before now im making maps and seraching all issued resources.

This site is the best resource center for WC3 in my opinion.
Everyone has the right to have an opinion

But searching for something is a bit pain spoetially on resources in my opinion we need more categoires to find what we are looking for.

forex defence maps and offence map this 2 subject needs loads of sub categories to find what we are looking for easily such a castle defence, Tower defence ect...

Those categories don't need subcategories, they need to have less maps.

spetially on icons i need to spend hours to find an outo cast icon some icons does not have a disabled ones
There should only be icon packs available, the actual state of the site doesn't help anyone remember the author of an icon and it is way too individual.

and that will be a good category for newbee map makers to have a "only editor changed custom spells" to understand the spell issues bufs effects ect...
No way to have thousands of maps that could be replaced with a single 30 bytes tutorial

hope you will think about it

They will all think about it. But no changes are going to be done, Darky is missing 6 months by now.

anyway on any condition,
wery much thanks to host such a greate resource portal for us.
Thanks to the people that upload the stuff to this site

Level 5
if you think that your resources that are uploaded here downloaded by parasites,
why do you upload them here? a kinda parasite feeder? or any kind of undiscoverd sexuality? :wink:

and yes i agreed with you about the spells
and yes i forget to thank the people who are uplading here including you...

And just let you to know, you have a point on icon issue but i'm noting the people's names if i use someones job in my work. Wish everyone was doing it.

anyway i had an opinion, it was crap and i dont want any more suggestions about it. if there is an alive moderator here please lock it.

Eccentric people, eccentric answering styles what kinda forum tradition here?

Level 5
uhm...

I disagree with you on this... though... it says on the rules that icons MUST have a DISBTN... the mods in the section should wake up... about 2% of the icons is without DISBTN (I think(atleast it's some...).

Oh, and for Darky's missing situation... I heard that he and Mecheon whent over to WoW... though Mecheon is still active (good, he's a good mod i feel).

@Vexorian: It looks so neat when you put mass quotes :twisted: :p

Thats MY opinion on the topic...

Oh, I have some recourses... I hope that doesn't make me a parasite... I am downloading alot... but I submit some too!

Level 12
mems said:
if you think that your resources that are uploaded here downloaded by parasites,
why do you upload them here? a kinda parasite feeder? or any kind of undiscoverd sexuality? :wink:

and yes i agreed with you about the spells

And just let you to know, you have a point on icon issue but i'm noting the people's names if i use someones job in my work. Wish everyone was doing it.

anyway i had an opinion, it was crap and i dont want any more suggestions about it. if there is an alive moderator here please lock it.

Eccentric people, eccentric answering styles what kinda forum tradition here?

Actually the intention was a sharing place. So some people upload spells, some models, some skins, some AIs, and some unify them to make awesome maps.

But a guy that doesn't upload anything is a parasite. And don't take it as an insult, the definition of the word parasite matches perfectly the behaviur of a guy that comes here to just download.

Rather I have become a parasite myself latelly.

But a guy that doesn't upload anything is a parasite.
i do belive in a definition of a parasite, we have to lose something from it. if youre referring to bandwith, then i think you should refer to the noobs who post worthless things on our site. actually that could be best described as cancer.
yes thank him until he deleted all his spells due a random person voting a 1 on 2 of his submissions, throwing the score off by around .5, despite the fact vexorian thinks voting is worthless and should be removed.

Level 12
yes thank him until he deleted all his spells due a random person voting a 1 on 2 of his submissions, throwing the score off by around .5, despite the fact vexorian thinks voting is worthless and should be removed.
I think he thanked me because he suddenly saw I have models uploaded, doubt he knew anything about my spells or what happened.

Anyways I didn't quit because of the vote of 1 , I quit because I figured I don't need to worry about who gives me 1 of rating everytime I upload a spell, I don't really need to care about rating and I was forgetting the original intention of my maps that was to move people into real JASS usage.

Then Figured out that uploading in wc3s wasn't helping me and was making spell making and uploading a disgusting act where you have to deal with spammers and people that rate things with 1 without even downloading, I didn't need to get mad everytime I uploaded a spell, so I just went out.

Vexorian said:
I think he thanked me because he suddenly saw I have models uploaded, doubt he knew anything about my spells or what happened.

Anyways I didn't quit because of the vote of 1 , I quit because I figured I don't need to worry about who gives me 1 of rating everytime I upload a spell, I don't really need to care about rating and I was forgetting the original intention of my maps that was to move people into real JASS usage.

Then Figured out that uploading in wc3s wasn't helping me and was making spell making and uploading a disgusting act where you have to deal with spammers and people that rate things with 1 without even downloading, I didn't need to get mad everytime I uploaded a spell, so I just went out.
well, really my question is, why would you worry about someone voting a 1 if youre the one who thinks voting is useless and should be removed? people have downrated my skins a few times, but i dont really care since it doesnt matter a whole lot. they dont downrate because they think your submission is crap, they just want to get a reaction from you, and removing your submissions is letting them win. if you removed your spells just so you dont have to put up with noobs, then you might as well remove all your submissions and leave wc3search. noobs will always downrate, it's just something you have to put up with.

Level 17
Afronight_76 said:
well, really my question is, why would you worry about someone voting a 1 if youre the one who thinks voting is useless and should be removed? people have downrated my skins a few times, but i dont really care since it doesnt matter a whole lot. they dont downrate because they think your submission is crap, they just want to get a reaction from you, and removing your submissions is letting them win. if you removed your spells just so you dont have to put up with noobs, then you might as well remove all your submissions and leave wc3search. noobs will always downrate, it's just something you have to put up with.

The rating system is become useless since it's been used only by idiots and people who don't know the real value of what they are downloading. And while most users don't rate, they avoid low rated resources; i assume you won't be happy to spend your time on something only to see it gather dust because some idiots downrated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.