• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poor Resource Keywording

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings,

I have noticed of late that its becoming harder to find things like Skins, Models and Packs because of poor keywording on the part of the submitter. I see alot of people just copy and paste very very general keywords such as: Orc, Night Elf, Human, Undead, Dwarf, Pandaren, High Elf, Blood Elf, Goblin, Creep, Troll, Tauren, Demon, ect.

More often that not the keywords has very little to nothing in common with the resource itself and make it hard to find what your looking for when typing "orc warrior" brings up hundreds of resources mostly or completely unrelated to "orc" or "warrior".

Another thing I've noticed is some people barely use keyword at all, have one keyword at most, when 5-10 more keywords related to the resource could easily be added. (And I think its because some people are just to lazy to type more then one keyword... :p)

I think we may want to start thinking about re-adding proper keywords to resources even if there years old, to make it easier to find them.

Regards,

Jake

Level 22
Greetings,

I have noticed of late that its becoming harder to find things like Skins, Models and Packs because of poor keywording on the part of the submitter. I see alot of people just copy and paste very very general keywords such as: Orc, Night Elf, Human, Undead, Dwarf, Pandaren, High Elf, Blood Elf, Goblin, Creep, Troll, Tauren, Demon, ect.

More often that not the keywords has very little to nothing in common with the resource itself and make it hard to find what your looking for when typing "orc warrior" brings up hundreds of resources mostly or completely unrelated to "orc" or "warrior".

Another thing I've noticed is some people barely use keyword at all, have one keyword at most, when 5-10 more keywords related to the resource could easily be added. (And I think its because some people are just to lazy to type more then one keyword... :p)

I think we may want to start thinking about re-adding proper keywords to resources even if there years old, to make it easier to find them.

Regards,

Jake

I agree with Jake.:vw_unimpressed:

Level 9
I think Pyritie redid the keywords a while ago, most old models didn't have one at all.

I'd nag him to do it again if I were you, it's not like the new site leadership has too much to do anyway. >_>

I'm glad pyrite went about fixing some of the keyword issues but I believe this could be a project we could all work on as a community, its a simple as letting people add, remove, or change keywords for resources with improper or no existent keywords.

Defiantly something to think about... :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.