• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Keywords and Authors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I had a snoop around the new site and noticed that when searching for resources, things typed into "keywords" also checks for the authors. Some authors have names of things you might be searching for. In this case, I searched for "raven" and it brought up pages upon pages of resources by "Blood Raven" which had nothing to do with ravens.

Seeing as there is a dedicated search field for Authors, would it not make sense to make things entered into Key words to not be checked against a resource's author?

AFAIK current Hive does not behave like this.

Attached a thing of what I meant!

upload_2021-1-3_22-34-53.png

Keep up the good work :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yes and no. I would be more inclined to make an extra field and allow you to exclude certain authors. It seems useful to have a search index that covers as much data as possible so people can use the search field more than any other field.

Thanks for the feedback though. I am happy that you are trying it out :)

Level 49
I agree with pick-a-chew that searching keywords should not bring up authors. After all, that's what the 'author' field is for. Keywords should represent resources - authors do not automatically translate to a specific kind of resource or asset, and certainly not their names. Relevancy also matters, wherein the keywords of the asset itself, its description and its name hold far more relevancy than the author's name.

Level 16
Yes and no. I would be more inclined to make an extra field and allow you to exclude certain authors. It seems useful to have a search index that covers as much data as possible so people can use the search field more than any other field.

Thanks for the feedback though. I am happy that you are trying it out :)
How do I exclude Blizzard Entertainment from the search? even X checking this tag wont help:
1678721307441.png

Level 16
Are you saying it finds bundles with the Blizzard tag regardless
yes I get about 100 pages regardless if it is checked or not

NVM I only get 89 if checked, and 100 pages if it is not checked. in both cases some icons are made by blizzard anyway alone and no one else. maybe it is just tag issue?
If the search option did not work, then I would expect both results to be identical
Edit2: if inclusive, gives 138 pages
if disregarded gives 100 pages
if excluding, gives 89 pages.

very funny result lol.
I expected "include" and "exclude" to have no common results whatsover, but they actually have a lot in common (can be easily noticed if sorted by Most downloads)

what about my question though?
How do I exclude Blizzard Entertainment from the search? or any author.

Last edited:
Level 16
So Blizzard Entertainment is set as the author on those tags. I am not sure we have an exclude author filter.

However, you can exclude search queries, so perhaps if you do -blizzard and -entertainment it could help a little?
hmmmm, if I did your trick I get 89 pages, similar to the last result I found previously when choosing "exclude tag"

I guess it is tag issue then.

Status
Not open for further replies.