• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Keywords/Search Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So I noticed the keywords box for my map which basically helps people find my map. A few questions:

1.) Are keywords case sensitive? Does the case matter, i.e. "Terran" and "terran"
2.) Do plurals matter? I.e. "terran" and "terrans"
3.) Does the order matter? I noticed the Relevancy factor when you search maps, models or icons. When I search "terran", will a map with "terran" as their first keyword show up before maps with "terran" as their second keyword

On a side note, how do you get your map to show closer to the first page when matching keywords or titles are entered into the search engine. Is it relevancy, rating, number of comments, oldest upload date or a combination?

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I believe different forms of the word matter, as you say plurals. Case does not matter. The order does not matter. Relevance has to do with how much of your description/keywords matches with the entered search term.

I am not sure how to get your map in the top. If the user orders by rating and your map has a good rating the result is obvious. If ordered by relevance, I would suggest you consult some kind of manual for the MySQL FULLTEXT index :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.