• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grammar/Layout issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Okay, so I've been /b/rowsing the new map section, and I've got a few things I'd like to bring to the table.

1) When rating a map, the note displayed below is 'give the map the rating x/5'. Whilst that works, it's iffish. Instead, you should try something like 'give the map a rating of x/5'; whilst this is a little difference, it reads better and is correct.
2) The note below rating sometimes isn't centralised. For example:3) Would the layout look better if you aligned the preview to the left? Just an idea, I'm not sure though.
4) When browsing maps, the 'Recommend Maps' category doesn't fit on one line, would it be a wiser idea to just make it 'Recommended'? I'm sure the user would know he's in the map category, and if he doesn't then he deserves 12 rolls of rubber wallpaper and a full frontal lobotomy for Christmas.
5) The 'Your' list is awkward when all the categories after it are preceded by the word 'My'. Maybe you should remove the word 'your' and keep the spacing, I'm sure people can figure out it's their stuff when it has 'my' before it.
6) Another suggestion, with campaigns getting their own section, should we give cinematics one too? Or, to be more precise, have a section for cinematics, games, RoC and TFT.
7) Upload should be given its own section, like 'Special' or something. It doesn't fit with your stuff, as it's used by more than one person. Other things that could fit in the 'special' category are things along the line of 'Mod Queue' and 'Rejected Resources', although they should only be displayed to moderators.

Level 14
I agree with most, if not all, of the listed concerns. It's really all aesthetics and ease of navigation, though, but I'll add it to my to-do list for the future. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.