• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Displaying a Small Image on Multiple Parts of the Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need to make a trigger that allows for one small image to be placed on different areas on the screen simultaneously. I am trying to create my own rain weather effect by creating a system that causes an image of a large rain drop to be placed all over the screen, and then every second for (however many seconds it takes for that layer of rain drops to reach the bottom of the screen) to be moved down the screen by how ever much it needs to be moved in conjunction with the seconds that the rain drops are falling, in order for it to reach the bottom of the screen.

Another option would be creating fade filters. (you would just create several of them with rain in different positions, and then run the sequence of filters to make it do a frame-by-frame animation)
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/fading.php

Just note that this may take up a lot of file space and will usually have crappy quality when enlarged to fit the screen. (if you have it at 512x512)

Otherwise DGUI would work, but it takes a bit of time investment to learn how to use it. (it was made by a russian, I don't remember if there is an english readme or not)

EDIT: I realized that you posted a different thread about the same thing and that you don't want one large image. Well, DGUI is probably your best bet then, unless you want to create enough image files to occupy all the places on the screen you want to have the water drop on. (which is certainly an option depending on how many spots you intend to use)

Last edited:
Level 8
Thank you guys, your responses were very helpful. Ill try using the DGUI and if that doesn't work out well, then I'll find a way to edit the Weather\rainTail.blp file that will result in the kind of effect that I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.