• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

displacement of the button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi guys. I have a quastion: Is there a possibility of displacement of the button patrol location?
Like the picture below

Attachments

• Hive.png
    Hive.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
Level 39
You can hide that button from units' UIs and make your own custom spell which looks like patrol that goes in that box. Then when a unit casts that spell order it to patrol to the target point.

Not a good solution, see below.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
I think i've just cracked it, if you edit the CommandStrings file and add the button position you want, it will show. Need to first extract it (no idea how because its CASCs files..., I had extracted this file a long time ago anyway), edit it, and import to map with the path: units\CommandStrings.txt.
I did the whole job anyway, you can check the test map :D

Attachments

• Pic.png
    Pic.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Patrol.w3m
    21.2 KB · Views: 42
I think i've just cracked it, if you edit the CommandStrings file and add the button position you want, it will show. Need to first extract it (no idea how because its CASCs files..., I had extracted this file a long time ago anyway), edit it, and import to map with the path: units\CommandStrings.txt.
I did the whole job anyway, you can check the test map :D

Yes that's correct you can modify command buttons with CommandFunc.txt. I suppose CommandStrings.txt might work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.