• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Arena] Discourage waiting for all other fighters to die before going after the remaining fighter in an Arena Map?

Level 11
I've never personally played an Arena map with lots of other Players, but I think this is probably a possible problem that could surface; hide in an area while the other Players fight, and then return to kill the remaining Player.

How could this be discouraged?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
There are two ideas I can think of now. Either make the fighting arena smaller so that players can see each other or detect if a hero isn't moving or attacking or being hit in a while and if it was AFK make a trigger to deal it damage for camping. But it's a bit tricky since players could just use the Patrol command or click like crazy in one little spot so you should definitely check movement based on distance/regions.