• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Map Idea: Bloody Hide and Seek

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about making a map based on murderer, played in first person camera, the game would be set in a village and a river, of course, at night.

Each player would search other players and is required to "kill" them using anything they find around the village, be it slicing their neck with a knife found behind a house, throwing a rock at them and hitting them in head, pushing them from the edge of a high place and so on...

There would be footsteps heard while someone is running (you can sneak as well) close to you, screams of someone dying, gunshots...

The game would end when all players except one die, and remaining player would be the winner.

What do you say about this?

Level 9
Uh huh,.... Then you need a ton of triggers. So you are going to do a map like Maniac with Saw Hardcore?

First, sorry for late response, I didn't have acces to a computer.

I know, actually every map needs tons of triggers, Maniac with saw is too good for me xD

But yeah, I could make a flashlight-like sight instead of making it first look... Except for the fact that everyone is the killer and the victim, I'll make more enclosed terrain which would induce claustrophobic feels.

Still, I can't do it yet or fast cause I have responsibilities, so it'll be done and perfected throughout the time.

Level 9
okay man, good luck. here's some suggestions:
_the steath killing (like stab with a knife or throw a rock like in The Last of Us, which is a perfect example if you want stealthy) can be done easily with hide, but only in bushes or something.
_the pushing thing could be done using some unit collide system.

Oh thanks, and thanks for the tip :)

Haven't played The Last of Us, but I'll look into it. I meant normally, you can hear the footsteps, but as you can see only in front of you, if someone is "sneaking" behind you, you wouldn't hear the footsteps and you could see him if you turn around (for a bonus surprise effect).

As for pushing, I thought about having the interact ability for everything so if you use it on a player, he gets interrupted/pushed and if you do it in the correct region (edge), the knockback kills him.
But, that's a nice suggestion because I could use many things like a rolling barrel or something else (hit by a rock) to do this. Nice suggestion +rep

Level 9
Oh, talking about TLOU, you can use a thing called "distraction" in that game for your map. Like this: you can throw something near or little far from your enemy, he will go there, while you can escape. You might want to make a sound effect so they could be distracted.

Level 30
I find the idea of the map quite good. It's a "survival of the fittest" like map.

nhs' idea are quite good and I might also suggest to you the game, Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 which is quite common to Last of Us. You could take in some ideas from there and while you don't know, maybe some inspiration as well.

It would be also preferable if you'll make the game not just like killing them in the most common way. It would be good if there would be twists and turns like not just player are in the game but neutral monsters which roams around. Players can either be killed through other players or possible by monsters. There would also be natural events that can either kill you like it's raining and thunders are striking that can possibly kill you when your hit.

Overall, I would say that this is a great idea and go for it.

Level 9
I find the idea of the map quite good. It's a "survival of the fittest" like map.

nhs' idea are quite good and I might also suggest to you the game, Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 which is quite common to Last of Us. You could take in some ideas from there and while you don't know, maybe some inspiration as well.

It would be also preferable if you'll make the game not just like killing them in the most common way. It would be good if there would be twists and turns like not just player are in the game but neutral monsters which roams around. Players can either be killed through other players or possible by monsters. There would also be natural events that can either kill you like it's raining and thunders are striking that can possibly kill you when your hit.

Overall, I would say that this is a great idea and go for it.
wait wait wait. The Walking Dead? that's a point'n click game!
monsters? you need weapons. id love if you use things around to fight like chairs and stuffs.

Sorry for very late response, I've been very busy lately and didn't have any time to touch my laptop (hive) which I'm using for wc3 map.

All of your suggestions are very good, I'll throw in mobs and natural events :D

As for distraction, that would kind of be the point in this thing, there should be rocks along with weapons which you can use to attack enemy or to distract, sneak and run is also for this. Also random bird fly away sounds, dripping water and such. The place will be full of usable things, you will be able to pick up almost anything, that's what makes the making of it so long, the list of things I need to do.

The terrain is quite done and I'm currently on triggers and object editor material, it's taking long cause I'm going to school :/

+rep
nhs325 - would, but can't cause I already have ^^
Hell_Master

Status
Not open for further replies.