• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A map of switching roles and making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Concept Background:
I got this idea the other day from watching my niece and nephew play with a bunch of other kids when the whole family got together to visit the beach. They were playing their own variation of tag the kids made up that day.

Basically it was like a normal game of tag with two people "it", and when you tagged someone, they became "it". The difference was, the only places a person who wasn't it could run were paths that were made by pushing a toy in the sand to create a dark patch. The kids who were "it" could go anywhere, and would occasionally ruin a path by pushing some dry sand on it.

The kids ended up moving from different areas on the beach as things quickly got too scuffed to see the paths, and I'm not sure how they handled stepping off the path, as I was only keeping one eye open in case someone started screaming bloody murder.

^^^People who skim topics, start here.^^^

Map Concept:
But, I thought that their game could make a good map with a couple changes: Two players are randomly selected at the start to be It. Runners can make bridges to get from the bottom of the map to the top. By running to the top, the runners grab gold coins.. taking them back to the bottom converts the coin into points. If a Runner is tagged by someone who is It.. they switch roles. Players who are It can demolish sections of the bridges.
Player with the most points at the end of a set time limit wins.

Level 5
Thats sounds interesting, but help me on this. The runners run to the top making bridges I get that, but if it's them making the bridges then what are they even making it for? Do they lose the ability to make bridges when they go down?

Level 2
The point of making paths would be to get safely from one side to the other to achieve points. The players who are currently It don't make the paths, they destroy them trying to work the Runners into positions where they can be caught.

Level 2
I don't have time to do maps until September/October... the problem with working six days a week...

If someone wants to take the idea and run with it, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.